Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 577. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
I, too, will be holding my Mintcoins for long-term. I know this coin will have a great future, so there is no way I am letting them go for cheap. 200 satoshis is cheap. 14 satoshis is a steal.

The infrastructure keeps building and the dev continues to build connections and the community expands like no tomorrow. The prices can't fall forever, eventually, and soon, they will rebound and start moving up and up and up again. The prices have been known to skyrocket overnight. I can see many panic buys in the future.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to POS, I apologise if these have been asked before,

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if

1. I need to leave my wallet open in order to get POS
2. What are the differences between leaving your wallet open vs. opening it very rarely

Holding MINT long term so I rarely open my wallet since I do not transact much.

1. Yes

2. Leaving open after 20 days means the coins will try to find a block constantly. Opening rarely allows coins to accumulate coin age and find a block at a later date when opened. Don't wait past 40 days however because they no longer accumulate coin age after this time.
Activity: 106
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to POS, I apologise if these have been asked before,

2. What are the differences between leaving your wallet open vs. opening it very rarely

The latest wallet 1.5 has an unlock button which you only need to use every one in awhile. The coin age is not dependent on how often you unlock your wallet.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

Activity: 434
Well, I have not been following the happenings in the MINT universe.  Been daytrading it, but just rebought between 14-16 satoshis.  Was gonna withdrawal all my MINT to my local wallet to stake for long term hold.  Just wanna be sure the current wallet is okay and functional before I do so.

Seems to be a bit of FUD and trouble in paradise in the MINT world.  Many seem to be unhappy with the current devs.

One piece of advice I would give to any MINT holder who may be new to the world of crypto is this.  Don't worry about the devs so much.  Be patient and things will progress.  I haven't been following MINT as closely as I should have, but what makes me confident in holding my MINT from here on out is the community.  Any coin that gains this level of support this quickly has a bright future.  If the current devs suck, someone in the community will step up to take the reigns.  The devs may be working harder than you or I even know, but no one promised the moon overnight.  Relax, stake your coins, come back in 1 year to find 20% more MINT and a much higher price!

Agreed. This coin does have a bright future. I don't care about the volatility now or the final dumping by the miners who are walking away. The price will stabilize, then continue to rise over the weeks and months. I will be holding a large amount of my Mintcoins for a very long time. I may also never even sell some of them off.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just today at least two new merchants have been added. I think the devs are doing a pretty good job and I think we all need to be a little more patient. And I agree with sixteendigits, the community around this coin has grown to the point where success is not solely dependent upon the actions of one person or team anymore- it is dependent on the actions of the community as a whole.
Activity: 98
Hi, I've coins from 25 feb in my wallet, this is 21 days ago. I do not see any coins moving to stake. Is this normal? How can I check if everything is ok?
Activity: 210
Well, I have not been following the happenings in the MINT universe.  Been daytrading it, but just rebought between 14-16 satoshis.  Was gonna withdrawal all my MINT to my local wallet to stake for long term hold.  Just wanna be sure the current wallet is okay and functional before I do so.

Seems to be a bit of FUD and trouble in paradise in the MINT world.  Many seem to be unhappy with the current devs.

One piece of advice I would give to any MINT holder who may be new to the world of crypto is this.  Don't worry about the devs so much.  Be patient and things will progress.  I haven't been following MINT as closely as I should have, but what makes me confident in holding my MINT from here on out is the community.  Any coin that gains this level of support this quickly has a bright future.  If the current devs suck, someone in the community will step up to take the reigns.  The devs may be working harder than you or I even know, but no one promised the moon overnight.  Relax, stake your coins, come back in 1 year to find 20% more MINT and a much higher price!

If you have version 1.5 you should be fine. There seemed to be some problems minting with earlier versions.
Activity: 462
But mainly I just want someone to tell me if the current wallet is functional or not!  Don't wanna risk losing my MINTs.
Activity: 462

Activity: 56

I wish I had Bitcoins available right now to buy at this price!  SUPER cheap
Activity: 165
I don't usually like to get into conversations about pump and dumps, however I've noticed something that should probably be mentioned to the community.

Yesterday, on Mintpal there was a 23 BTC buy order at 1 satoshi. Early today 20 BTC of that buy order was moved and buy orders were placed starting at 15 satoshi and moving downward with the largest buy order being at 12 satoshi.

Why would someone buy 20 BTC worth of a coin that is currently on a downtrend?

Food for thought. I would hate to see members of this community get burned by selling low and buying high.

Interesting analysis. Thanks.
Activity: 210
I don't usually like to get into conversations about pump and dumps, however I've noticed something that should probably be mentioned to the community.

Yesterday, on Mintpal there was a 23 BTC buy order at 1 satoshi. Early today 20 BTC of that buy order was moved and buy orders were placed starting at 15 satoshi and moving downward with the largest buy order being at 12 satoshi.

Why would someone buy 20 BTC worth of a coin that is currently on a downtrend?

Food for thought. I would hate to see members of this community get burned by selling low and buying high.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
look also at the amount of btc traded : most of the time is 0.00X and little ammount.

so,don't panic if someone sold (for example) 1 mint for 10 satoshi  Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
whatever happened to the new wallet and marketplace the devs promised?? 
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Mintcoin at 15' ...my inverstment is going down. HELP!

Common , don't panic. Btw it's 13/14 already Smiley

Let's hope btc stays aboce 600. That's what i'm far more worried.
Activity: 56
  Please like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin
  Follow the Twitter page: https://twitter.com/MintcoinTeam
  +1 the Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/116843574211918716580 (we need someone to post on the Google+ Page and moderate the Google+ community)

Pass this post along to any newcomer. Being present of social networks matters.
Activity: 434
Mintcoin at 15' ...my inverstment is going down. HELP!
Jump to: