Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 575. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
hey guys the new wallet rocks!!
noob question can i just delete the 1.5 wallet or should i first send my mintis somewhere to save them?
thanks

Just download the file and read the read me.

Basically all you have to do is copy the mintcoin.conf to the existing mintcoin %APPDATA% folder, (theread me tells the folder location). Then just delete 1.5 and use the .exe from 1.6.

Takes two minutes.

ok but what is the %APPDATA% folder? and you mean that i have to copy the mintcoin.conf from 1.5 to the 1.6 folder?
You have to copy the conf file from new version 1.6 to the folder I mentioned. Follow the directions on the read me, it tells you exactly what to do and how to get to the file. Don't forget to back up first, as PH said.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Smashing rocks with my GPU
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
noob question can i just delete the 1.5 wallet or should i first send my mintis somewhere to save them?
thanks

Basically all you have to do is copy the mintcoin.conf to the existing mintcoin %APPDATA% folder, (theread me tells the folder location). Then just delete 1.5 and use the .exe from 1.6.

Takes two minutes.

ok but what is the %APPDATA% folder? and you mean that i have to copy the mintcoin.conf from 1.5 to the 1.6 folder?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

I bought more mint at 14 and pretty happy about it!
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Assuming you have the dependencies; checking out the source from github, and then typing (inside the directory that contains mintcoin-qt.pro file) :[...]
paspi, could you create VM instance of Manjaro Linux and try to install mintcoin-qt on it? I would be most grateful!

For others: if you succeeded in installing mintcoin-qt on youx Linux box by following exactly paspi's instructions, please mention it (and correct/complete the instructions if needed). I will write an article on mintcoin-central.
thanks
Don't send them to a new address or your 20 day waiting period will reset. Instead back up your wallet file. It can be done from File -> Backup Wallet... Put that wallet.dat file in a safe place, then you've got all you need in case hell breaks loose. Then do what mburks77 said.
thanks

Takes two minutes.
Monero Core Team
New article for you to read MintCoin lovers! http://mintcoin-central.com/mintcoin-is-catching-on/
Sorry but there is nothing really new there  , at least for the members here on the thread.
This is a new article. Not like if there was that much article regarding mintcoin, right?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
Can someone post a screenshot? Whats different? I'm on mac.

We always get left behind, don't we Sad
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
thanks
Monero Core Team
Linux wallet complied, QT gui and HeadLess:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5oc3TShS!MJapwfr1PIPKCIVxiETuXj94_r6dIl9hs-NnlIP2W2Q

Bounty:
MqzsBZuxmozfHNAHjgXZSLaQRyTjzZ1jF6

cheerz!
For people wanting to compile their own Linux Mintcoin wallet from the source code (me for one) can you provide a simple walkthrough? Would be a helpful addition to the Mintcoin community I believe, in addition to helping me since I'm a compiling noob.
Provided you are one .deb linux (Debian or derivatice like Ubuntu, Linux Mint...) there are lot of tutorial on Google (for bitcoin, but that's the same thing.
paspi and nouw eyal are our resident experts for this.
If someone is willing to write a Linux tutorial, I'd be happy to post it on mintcoin-central.com
Finally, notice this won't work on non-Debian linuxes, at least not on Manajaro Linxu (an Arch Linux derivative).
Activity: 165
Can someone post a screenshot? Whats different? I'm on mac.
Activity: 185
Monero Core Team
]Wallet 1.6 for Windows released
You can now donwload it on mintcoin-central.com (http://mintcoin-central.com/downloads/). I compressed it with .7z, smaller than zip.
I also added the Linux version, same place (7zip too). I mentionned this is a compiled .deb, because I cannot make it run on Manjaro Linux (double-clicking mintcoin.qt does nothing)
Activity: 325

Bounty:

cheerz!

Thanks. Check your wallet.
Activity: 294
What a badass wallet! Good job, damn wish I has some more BTC to throw around, this thing looks like it is going to be a strong coin for a long long time.

Bounty:

cheerz!
For people wanting to compile their own Linux Mintcoin wallet from the source code (me for one) can you provide a simple walkthrough? Would be a helpful addition to the Mintcoin community I believe, in addition to helping me since I'm a compiling noob.
Hi,

Assuming you have the dependencies; checking out the source from github, and then typing:

Code:
qmake
make

would compile mintcoin-qt.

To compile mintcoind, enter the src directory;
Code:
make -f makefile.unix mintcoind

If it spits errors then you have missing dependencies you have to install first (development versions of them)

The following packages are required for compilation on ubuntu; you can get a hint from this list:
Code:
qt4-qmake,
 libqt4-dev,
 libssl-dev,
 libqt4-dev,
 libminiupnpc-dev,
 libdb++-dev,
 libboost-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-system-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-filesystem-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-program-options-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-thread-dev (>= 1.48)