Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 576. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Linux wallet complied, QT gui and HeadLess:

https://mega.co.nz/#!5oc3TShS!MJapwfr1PIPKCIVxiETuXj94_r6dIl9hs-NnlIP2W2Q

Bounty:
MqzsBZuxmozfHNAHjgXZSLaQRyTjzZ1jF6

cheerz!
For people wanting to compile their own Linux Mintcoin wallet from the source code (me for one) can you provide a simple walkthrough? Would be a helpful addition to the Mintcoin community I believe, in addition to helping me since I'm a compiling noob.
Hi,

Assuming you have the dependencies; checking out the source from github, and then typing (inside the directory that contains mintcoin-qt.pro file) :

Code:
qmake
make

would compile mintcoin-qt.

To compile mintcoind, enter the src directory;
Code:
make -f makefile.unix mintcoind

If it spits errors then you have missing dependencies you have to install first (development versions of them)

The following packages are required for compilation on ubuntu; you can get a hint from this list:
Code:
qt4-qmake,
 libqt4-dev,
 libssl-dev,
 libqt4-dev,
 libminiupnpc-dev,
 libdb++-dev,
 libboost-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-system-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-filesystem-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-program-options-dev (>= 1.48),
 libboost-thread-dev (>= 1.48)
Activity: 126
I am pretty sure it didn't register that you were on that list. I don't agree with you being on the troll list and I doubt David would.
Sorry about the list. When I suggested an "official maintainer", I was not target any person in the list, it was just an tongue-in-cheek remark.

That was I mistake from my part. I do not approve no condomne any person being on any list. Neither will I ask someone to be added or removed of a list.
Right. First, I made the mistake and you'll notice I corrected it and removed deadmanwalking from my list: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5751834 So, I'm not perfect either. (Dammit! I WAS perfect in every conceivable way until that misstep - curse you deadmanwalking for not being an actual troll!)

Second, there is no official troll list. It's MY list. I spend an inordinate amount of time reading through the posts to learn and I block out users that waste my time. Hell, I'm sure they've got me on THEIR troll list, or asshole list, or obnoxious yet hilarious list. Whatever, it's cool.

I put my list out there for anyone who shares my boredom with certain people's posts. That's all.

So to make it official, deadmanwalking, my bad.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Just today at least two new merchants have been added. I think the devs are doing a pretty good job and I think we all need to be a little more patient. And I agree with sixteendigits, the community around this coin has grown to the point where success is not solely dependent upon the actions of one person or team anymore- it is dependent on the actions of the community as a whole.
1. Release to February 15th - mainly dev
2. February 16th to err... beginning of March - mainly extended team
3. Beginning of March to now - dev and extended team. The dev is closing more and more deals with merchants and this is starting to show

This is my own analysis, nothing official.

I also noticed a significant turnover in the active persons. Almost none of the original member of the extended team are showing up anymore. Maybe it means the newest active persons will have a different, longer-term focus. Or maybe the new active will leave in two weeks also. I don't know but it is interesting, at least to study it as a social phenomenon.

Needless to say, the more active users we have, the better I'll feel Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
New article for you to read MintCoin lovers! http://mintcoin-central.com/mintcoin-is-catching-on/

Sorry but there is nothing really new there  , at least for the members here on the thread.
Monero Core Team
I am pretty sure it didn't register that you were on that list. I don't agree with you being on the troll list and I doubt David would.
Sorry about the list. When I suggested an "official maintainer", I was not target any person in the list, it was just an tongue-in-cheek remark.

That was I mistake from my part. I do not approve no condomne any person being on any list. Neither will I ask someone to be added or removed of a list.
Monero Core Team
David, I really don't understand a lot of your posts. You are a member of the Mintcoin team, and it seems very counterproductive to ask about other coins(you've done this several times).

Yesterday, you fumbled some math and said you were disappointed in the amount of Mint you received from the staking process.  Your posts don't exactly inspire confidence in Mintcoin. I'm sorry, but I felt like something needed to be said. Luckily, we have a community with many intelligent members, here is one:

Thanks to Hybridsole over at Reddit for his article:

http://coinjoint.info/mintcoin-maximize-interest-earned-coins/
I guess David Latapie doesn't like being contradicted. People can check my post history. I've been one of this coins biggest supporters.
I'm interested in crypto, not mintcoin alone. FYI I will introduce crypto a to a very large IRL bank in around one week. I am learning everyday and my questions are part of my learning.
I make mistakes? Well, everyone does, that the way we learn. If you believe that a team leader should be perfect, I suggest you try to actually lead a team one day. Then we'll see. I personally do not believe in the "shining leader", the one hiding any mistake lest it would make his teammates afraid. I much prefer the "human leader", full of imperfection with whom teamates may identify themselves.

Regarding your last comment:  I suppose you are saying I do not like to be contradicted because I did not reply sooner to your post? Well, I'll tell you one thing: I'm doing other stuff. Wow, surprised, hey? And I have no problem being contradicted, as long as this is in a constructive way (your post was constructive, so it is okay :-))
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Great design on the new wallet! Minty Fresh.. aaaah..
Activity: 126

Bounty:

cheerz!
For people wanting to compile their own Linux Mintcoin wallet from the source code (me for one) can you provide a simple walkthrough? Would be a helpful addition to the Mintcoin community I believe, in addition to helping me since I'm a compiling noob.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Monero Core Team
Sweeet. More and more merchants everyday!
Indeed. We should start measuring how many merchants per day are added. Someone to webscrap the whole thread and do some regexp to check this and get an average value with a nice history curve (hint; merchants are usually announced by mintcointeam)?
I have a website where we can update all the stores and services that accept mint. We can keep updated directories and get the logo next to all the stores so you can easily tell what accepts MINT.

I must admit, we been so busy designing and setting up that I have not had a chance to review MINT lately. If anyone can email me at xxxxxx with a list of all the relevant stores, services, and general info on the coin it would be a big help.
Thanks. I sent you a mail (as well as a request for an adoption curve).
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Bounty:

cheerz!
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
Oooohh! The new wallet is "Mint-exy"  Grin
in defi we trust
Buy support is finally increasing on Mintpal.  Cheesy

Or the panic sell has ended :0 Hopefully.
in defi we trust
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to POS, I apologise if these have been asked before,

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me if

1. I need to leave my wallet open in order to get POS
2. What are the differences between leaving your wallet open vs. opening it very rarely

Holding MINT long term so I rarely open my wallet since I do not transact much.

1. Yes

2. Leaving open after 20 days means the coins will try to find a block constantly. Opening rarely allows coins to accumulate coin age and find a block at a later date when opened. Don't wait past 40 days however because they no longer accumulate coin age after this time.

One thing I wasn't aware of . Good to hear about it before that 40 days period.
Activity: 434
Buy support is finally increasing on Mintpal.  Cheesy
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Hi, I've coins from 25 feb in my wallet, this is 21 days ago. I do not see any coins moving to stake. Is this normal? How can I check if everything is ok?
Heya Rikkie,

Feb 25th would make today the 20th day, in my time zone its the 17th of March atm. If that's the case where are too, you might not be eligible until later today (depending on what time of the day you bought it on the 25th). Some other things to consider:

1.   Have you moved any of your coins at that address during those 20 days?
2.   Are you using the newest version of the wallet (v1.5)
3.   Are you leaving the wallet open and unlocked for an extended period of time to allow for minting?

You may have to wait longer than 20 days, there is no guarantee that you will find a PoS block on the 20th day or any given day. The longer you wait and the more coins you have the better your chance of finding a block (analogous to hashpower and time when trying to find a PoW block). This also means that if some of your coins were deposited later than the 20 day old ones, they aren't able to stake yet but as they reach coin age and the stakeable amount increases your likeliness of finding a PoS block will increase. This is my understanding of it, anyways. Somebody else who knows more please chime in.

Ok. I knew about the conditions you mentioned, so that is ok. So it is still a matter of luck to find a PoS block. So the longer the wallet is up, the sooner it finds the POS block? (With age giving some kind of priority). Is there any way to see the age or which blocks are eligible already? in the debug window for example?
Activity: 434
Prices seem to be stabilizing between 13-14 satoshis. I am expecting stability for awhile, followed by a run up.
Activity: 165
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hi, I've coins from 25 feb in my wallet, this is 21 days ago. I do not see any coins moving to stake. Is this normal? How can I check if everything is ok?
Heya Rikkie,

Feb 25th would make today the 20th day, in my time zone its the 17th of March atm. If that's the case where are too, you might not be eligible until later today (depending on what time of the day you bought it on the 25th). Some other things to consider:

1.   Have you moved any of your coins at that address during those 20 days?
2.   Are you using the newest version of the wallet (v1.5)
3.   Are you leaving the wallet open and unlocked for an extended period of time to allow for minting?

You may have to wait longer than 20 days, there is no guarantee that you will find a PoS block on the 20th day or any given day. The longer you wait and the more coins you have the better your chance of finding a block (analogous to hashpower and time when trying to find a PoW block). This also means that if some of your coins were deposited later than the 20 day old ones, they aren't able to stake yet but as they reach coin age and the stakeable amount increases your likeliness of finding a PoS block will increase. This is my understanding of it, anyways. Somebody else who knows more please chime in.

Jump to: