Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 644. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 364
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Ok so can someone explain to me way none of my minted coins are getting confirmed? I have like 36000 sitting in limbo. not confirmations.
Activity: 2
I recently read a good article why deflation is poison for a economy, unfortunately it's in german so hard to quote here. Although, money (currencies) need fluid flow because they have no physical value when they are not a medium for transactions while commodities like gold or raw goods have physical value and are consumed this way. You can not do anything with coins besides spending them, and if you don't, they are as worthless as the physical value of the papersheets in your pocket that you can as well use decorating your walls if you are not going to spend them.

What makes you think that creating new coins and giving them as interest is deflation? Creating new coins from nothing is _inflation_. Yes, giving them out as interest is deflation, but in the exact same amount as the inflation caused by their creation! MintCoin is neutral, just like any other capped coin. Except that you don't need to boil the oceans to keep it secure.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
LOL, who said that mint is deflacionary ? 10 millions of mintcoins are generated by mint DAILY from now, and your assumption that no one mintcoin would be spent is plain wrong, all depends of the price to buy it, or the items that merchants offers.
And we are working on that part. And more.
You are doing a great job, David  Cheesy
Thanks but without your continued presence, it will be nothing. A currency lives by his users, so don't let us down!
Activity: 378
What's going on @ Cryptsy? Markets seem frozen. Don't place bids.
Cryptsy still down and they can't even put out a simple tweet
That's usually not a good sign and means some kind of security issue
Somehow leaving everyone in the dark causes less panic

no. I think its because of the pump... all deposits are pending bc there are too much

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.altcoinweb.com:+6697/#SundayPump
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Wallet 1.5 for Windows released! (Not mandatory)

-latest checkpoints
-hi cpu load fix (thanks paspi!)
-lock/unlock button (thanks Unek!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!wR4inSJT!YHraTK_6a9txFDe_PPgxGzwD6h6j_kCQe6V65cfEEIw
Mirror
Thanks! Could you release a Linux wallet for Arch/Manjaro? I was unable to compile from source and the Linux wallet is for Debian-based, not for Arch-based. Thanks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

thanks, node updated

great job, that should help beginners to unlock the wallet.

I'm about to update. I have one windows and one mac wallet, I'm going to move all coins into 1 wallet. Just curious if anyone has been running Mac client for 20 days, and does the staking work?
Activity: 52
Merit: 4

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

thanks, node updated

great job, that should help beginners to unlock the wallet.
Activity: 56

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

I'm still on 1.3. Do you recommend using the updated version or am I still ok? I have mine encrypted so I really don't want to mess with it if I don't have to.
Thanks!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

Awesome! Can't wait for the 1.5 Linux build!!

This should shut up some of the haters claiming that the dev team is AWOL.

Is the wallet with that nice skin in the making?
Activity: 126

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

Awesome! Can't wait for the 1.5 Linux build!!

This should shut up some of the haters claiming that the dev team is AWOL.
Activity: 126
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
My MintCoin QT doesn't seem to be installed on my computer whereas my other wallets do. It works perfectly by just clicking the exe file in the extracted folder. Is this normal or should I be worried as it won't work correctly?

helppppppp

The only "installation" that takes place is the MintCoin folder being created in the Roaming directory. Use the search function and search for %appdata% - you should find the "Roaming" folder. Open it and check for a folder called MintCoin, is it there? Then everything should be in working order.
Activity: 224
What's going on @ Cryptsy? Markets seem frozen. Don't place bids.
Activity: 6
My MintCoin QT doesn't seem to be installed on my computer whereas my other wallets do. It works perfectly by just clicking the exe file in the extracted folder. Is this normal or should I be worried as it won't work correctly?

helppppppp
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Types of coins:
POW (proof of work) ala DOGECOIN: coins are earned via mining
POS (proof of script) ala NXTCOIN: coins are are earned via holding them in your wallet.
POS/POW Hybrid (ala MINTCOIN): First coins are earned by mining, then by holding the wallet.

This may be a new concept to many miners.
Just download the wallet and leave the coins there, then after 30 days you will receive coins at the rate of 20 percent per annum.

POW coins with low difficulty and high reward are good to mine.
POS coins that are virtually unmineable are better to buy/ invest/ hold.

The coins higher up on the coinwarz list simply means the multipools are mining it and will soon dump it.
Mintcoin is now safe from this possibility.
My advice is to avoid buying/ holding coins at the top of coinwarz.

HTH.

Currencies need spendings, need flow. You describe a hyper-deflationary modell and there is a reason why states try to encourage the citizens to spend their money, because massive bagholding is killing egonomy.

What you want with mintcoin is something like gold. Deflationary investment. But cryptocurrencies are not gold, they are worthless without money flow. Gold can be kept and gold has a purpose aside from investment. Gold is needed for electronics, in science and jewellery so there will always be some demand for gold and someone will sell gold when the price is high enough. That's the same problem that will come to bitcoin eventually: No sense in mining it and when you hold it, it will become more worth tomorrow, so price increases. But at some point it will be impossible to get via mining and impossible to get via buying because almost everyone just holds. Satoshi, being mathematically genius, confused gold with money as he created bitcoin. Currencies like dogecoin have more future because of their inflationary model. They will not increase in price unlimited but they will reach a certain level where spending/buying makes sense.

What nonsense! Go ahead and invest in a coin with zero return on investment! Where do you think your gains will come from, the hope of a capital gain, is that all?
And please, don;t compare bitcoin to gold. Bitcoin can be replicated a million times over as shown by the numorous clones. Now go ahead and explain how you can clone gold? I think I know what I'll choose. Blue chip stocks pay a dividend. Shit coins don't. End of story.
Besides your just shitty u cant mine and dump this coin. Well as a holder, Im glad.
Time for you to move or simply point your miner at a multipool!

This discussion is as old as bitcoins are and came up again refreshed (though with same arguments) when dogecoin decided inflationary modell.
There are basically two sides in this dicussion: Those that understand economics and those that dont.
And then there are these bitcoin evangelists defending bitcoins deflation and turn around claim how this will be the new currency, not noticing how they contradict themself.
And, when bitcoin is digital gold and someone clones bitcoin it doesn't mean that they cloned gold. They just brought up another commodity beside bitcoin competing on the same market. Unless they follow a completely other concept. And that's the reason, why coins like dogecoin will outlive bitcoins in the long run if they stay active that long. Inflationary coins stay fluid while deflationary cryptos will stale.
Your right and dont expect the noobs in here to understand what you are saying... You need inflation in a deflationary model.. not inflation tending to zero.. Its a failure by design.

Bitcoin will always be there.. as a commodity but not a currency I believe. There are better coins out there that will do the job of everyday tx...

What you need is:

1) Something where mining is irrelavent (pos is good for that)
2) Yet secure.. merged mining bitcoin means its secure yet mining is not a problem.
3) Predictable inflation. NOT dynamic inflation like PPC.. dynamic inflation leads to incentove to game thr system for profit.
read this about a quote from the dogecoin site from a professor of economics: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5599093

4) Provide inherent utility.. blockchain does this..

So far only 1 coin fits that bill and its DevCoin.. miners get 10% of each block and mining is not a problem since its merged mined with bitcoin. So mining is like free.. 90% goes to people who work to earn. Even businesses etc. So there is far more utility than dogecoin.

No more coins can be released merged mined because of asics.. so reallly it makes sense this would be the one and all other coins lost in dust. It was designed to be it. Bitcoins addresses are interchangeable to DevCoin if you can send dvc to btc wallet and vice versa.. so that in the future one address may be meeded for both. or people switch to dvc without losing private keys.

I knew your agenda would reveal itself eventually.

Not an agenda Im genuinely interested in the economics of different coins.. read my posts.. I believe there will be a few alts that will make it out of the dust because they conform to the world not the other way around. If you can speak against my arguments for a good coin please discuss.. Id be happy to read.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

-latest checkpoints

Mirror

Thanks! Updating. Oh, in case anyone forgets. FULL PoS : Started.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Your right and dont expect the noobs in here to understand what you are saying... You need inflation in a deflationary model.. not inflation tending to zero.. Its a failure by design.

Bitcoin will always be there.. as a commodity but not a currency I believe. There are better coins out there that will do the job of everyday tx...

What you need is:

1) Something where mining is irrelavent (pos is good for that)
2) Yet secure.. merged mining bitcoin means its secure yet mining is not a problem.
3) Predictable inflation. NOT dynamic inflation like PPC.. dynamic inflation leads to incentove to game thr system for profit.
read this about a quote from the dogecoin site from a professor of economics: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5599093

4) Provide inherent utility.. blockchain does this..

So far only 1 coin fits that bill and its DevCoin.. miners get 10% of each block and mining is not a problem since its merged mined with bitcoin. So mining is like free.. 90% goes to people who work to earn. Even businesses etc. So there is far more utility than dogecoin.

No more coins can be released merged mined because of asics.. so reallly it makes sense this would be the one and all other coins lost in dust. It was designed to be it. Bitcoins addresses are interchangeable to DevCoin if you can send dvc to btc wallet and vice versa.. so that in the future one address may be meeded for both. or people switch to dvc without losing private keys.

Goodluck with holding your dev coins noob, you will be diluted into oblivion through endless coin production. Sheesh, talk about hyperinflation, devcoin is exactly that.
That is like holding a share and the CEO keeps issuing billions of shares daily at a constant rate your portfolio will soon be zero.

Lol you havent learned a thing have you? And im the noob? Go back to school with your elementary thoughts Smiley
Activity: 325

-latest checkpoints

Mirror
Jump to: