Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 643. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Wallet 1.5 for Windows released! (Not mandatory)

-latest checkpoints
-hi cpu load fix (thanks paspi!)
-lock/unlock button (thanks Unek!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!wR4inSJT!YHraTK_6a9txFDe_PPgxGzwD6h6j_kCQe6V65cfEEIw
Mirror

Will it disturb coin age to update to the newest version?

No
Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
What's going on @ Cryptsy? Markets seem frozen. Don't place bids.

I had to cancel an order and now leftover BTCs from the order have just vanished!!!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
how can I update to 1.5 i've got already 1.4?

1. backup your wallet to your desktop, then back it up to a USB drive, then back it up to another USB drive (super redund, I know, I'm paranoid - I actually use the X-Wallet from CoinDominion to protect all my coins like Gollum on steriods, but to each his own)

2. Delete the mintcoin folder that has the executable file in it (search for: mintcoin-qt).

3. Download new wallet and install it.

4. Search for MintCoin.conf, note its location, then delete it. Put the new MintCoin.conf into the old one's location.

5. It should just work and your coins will be there with no fuss. If not, you have 3 backups of your wallet file, so you should never worry about losing coins.

Ya, I just downloaded,extracted and opened the QT client. This is confusing and unnecessary. Do back up the wallet though.

Perhaps it is confusing to some. Perhaps it is unnecessary, in most instances. I'm just not interested in losing coins so I'm thorough. Update any way you like, it'll probably work without a hitch. Just backup your wallet in multiple places - even if you think it isn't necessary.
Activity: 224
Well.. not 500 but  200 at least
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Its best coin for investors cuz there are no so much dumpers since its people cant get coins from mining.
In doge there was alot of people dumping by mining.
Just wait some time. Price should be at 500 satoshi.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
MINT could possibly be the pump, someone bought close to 100MM shares earlier today, just look at the volume on cryptsy about 13 hours ago.

not really interested in pumps though, only profits a select few, as prices usually come back down.
Activity: 364
Updated to v 1.5 without issue.
Activity: 210
mintcoin looks like pump : 0

Everyday someone gets on here talking about a pump. Most likely the people trying to pump. Look at the volume, it's normal.

1. backup your wallet to your desktop, then back it up to a USB drive, then back it up to another USB drive (super redund, I know, I'm paranoid - I actually use the X-Wallet from CoinDominion to protect all my coins like Gollum on steriods, but to each his own)

2. Delete the mintcoin folder that has the executable file in it (search for: mintcoin-qt).

4. Search for MintCoin.conf, note its location, then delete it. Put the new MintCoin.conf into the old one's location.

5. It should just work and your coins will be there with no fuss. If not, you have 3 backups of your wallet file, so you should never worry about losing coins.

Ya, I just downloaded,extracted and opened the QT client. This is confusing and unnecessary. Do back up the wallet though.
The readme in the download says just move the conf to mint folder in %APPDATA%

Ah, ok, do that in addition! Updating my fast and dirty and safe instruction. Thanks.
The readme in the download says just move the conf to mint folder in %APPDATA%

Wallet 1.5 for Windows released! (Not mandatory)

-latest checkpoints
-hi cpu load fix (thanks paspi!)
-lock/unlock button (thanks Unek!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!wR4inSJT!YHraTK_6a9txFDe_PPgxGzwD6h6j_kCQe6V65cfEEIw
Mirror

Will it disturb coin age to update to the newest version?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
They want to keep the price down.

EDIT: I remember somebody buying all the coins up to 30 earlier. So if this thing is for real it will go over 30.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
What's with that sell wall @24 sat?
What's going on @ Cryptsy? Markets seem frozen. Don't place bids.
Cryptsy still down and they can't even put out a simple tweet
That's usually not a good sign and means some kind of security issue
Somehow leaving everyone in the dark causes less panic

no. I think its because of the pump... all deposits are pending bc there are too much

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.altcoinweb.com:+6697/#SundayPump

I hope there won't be a dump. Like they did us on DIME.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
those are orphans

So how many orphans are you getting to confirmed shares?
Jump to: