Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 68. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Hey devs, how is the progress on the wallet? Its almost 6 months i think since you started the codebase update. It would be cool if you can give us a report every few weeks. We know you are working hard but if we can see what is being done even if its a bit technical then it would give us some indication how things are going & how far are we from the big release. Thanks for all your work Smiley

EDIT: Something like this will inspire some confidence.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14460950
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Bter withdrawal issues appear to be fixed.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Why did you mention shapeshift? Are they not working either?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
everytime there is a run up it seems to be settling at a little higher  Grin fewer and fewer people will be willing to sell for under 20 sats... I wish I could take a nice bite out of the sell wall  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hope there will be another pump soon @ Poloniex
Another one shutting down? Sheez.  I wonder how many coins have been lost through all these exchanges, it's crazy.

Honestly I'm not sure ANY user's coins were lost between btcpool.exchange, ShapeShift, and CoinWallet.co.  Is crypto growing up?   Cool
btcpool.exchange is closing.  Remove your coins from the site by May 1st.  New platform coming?  Message from their in site chat:

Hi Everyone , Me and Paul have come to the decision to shut the exchange down in its present form , everytime something is fixed something else seems to break , we really dont want to do this but we feel we have no other option at the moment , we are looking at another more stable platform but we dont want to waste ayones time as it is atm , so can everyone please remove all coins they have by the end of the month , after the 1st of May it will be no longer possible , dont get us wrong we believe we have something to offer to the crypto scene and are not walking away by no means , but we need to concertrate on a new platform , not continually patching this one , we thank you all for your support and hope that when we launch the new platform we see you all then , If you have any problems with the withdrawal of coins , send a ticket thru the support system with all info , username ,coin,wallet address you want the coins sent to , email that was used for registration and so on so we can get your coins to you !!

Another one shutting down? Sheez.  I wonder how many coins have been lost through all these exchanges, it's crazy.

btcpool.exchange is closing.  Remove your coins from the site by May 1st.  New platform coming?  Message from their in site chat:

Hi Everyone , Me and Paul have come to the decision to shut the exchange down in its present form , everytime something is fixed something else seems to break , we really dont want to do this but we feel we have no other option at the moment , we are looking at another more stable platform but we dont want to waste ayones time as it is atm , so can everyone please remove all coins they have by the end of the month , after the 1st of May it will be no longer possible , dont get us wrong we believe we have something to offer to the crypto scene and are not walking away by no means , but we need to concertrate on a new platform , not continually patching this one , we thank you all for your support and hope that when we launch the new platform we see you all then , If you have any problems with the withdrawal of coins , send a ticket thru the support system with all info , username ,coin,wallet address you want the coins sent to , email that was used for registration and so on so we can get your coins to you !!
CoinWallet.co is closing.  WITHDRAW YOUR MINTS before May 1st!   Kiss

https://www.coinwallet.co/closing

Thanks for your services CoinWallet.co!   Smiley
Yeah, bter has had issues in the past. I think in the end they always came through with coin withdrawal and deposit, but you may have to send an email to support and it may take several days to sort out.  They also have high fees IMO, fees add up, like fee for trade, fee for withdrawal, and if you let your coins sit on there too long they convert it into a fractional reserve derivative or something. Lol
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
weird, I just minted the other day and everything seemed to be all good, at least Poloniex is still good to go like normal.

Hi, it is not the mintcoin wallet having problems. But the bter exchange.
Mint wallet functions like it should.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
weird, I just minted the other day and everything seemed to be all good, at least Poloniex is still good to go like normal.
For anyone unaware...

Bter is not processing mint withdrawals and has no ETA for a fix.  However, trading and deposits remain open.  Use caution.   Undecided

[EDIT] Bter withdrawal issues appear to be fixed.
JRu
Activity: 238

lets put a little more detail behind what users can expect:

START WITH WALLET CLOSED

1. drop bootstrap.dat in datadir directory
2. launch mintcoin
3. you will have a loading screen saying "importing bootstrap"
4. import time varies between computers but a modern computer will take about a day and half to import
5. bootstrap will auto rename once completed
6. if bootstrap is renamed and wallet doesn't load, you can force quit and relaunch (we are aware of certain instances where it will hang, and it will be addressed in next release)

Just out of curiousity what is the bootstrap renamed to?

One more question sorry to bother you. Just how do you know the import has been completed?

I figured it out I see in the datadir directory you can actually see the progress of the download of bootstrap dat file to blk0001 which is actually the created file and it is counting up.  Almost there. Thanks for you help....
legendary
Activity: 1092

Yep,
Probably a false positive, but it was not being reported in the Mint's previous version.
Either a code change or contacting K7 to remove the message would have been a good idea.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1092

It's important to consider that Fuzzbawls has played a major role in updating the code base in preparation for the 2.1 wallet as a community volunteer.  Yes, making changes to the data structure could have introduced new bugs.  An official bootstrap was released to fix these issues which allowed a continued push forward.  Who better to release a bootstrap then the dev that understands the current code base as well as it's transition and progression moving forward?  As far as future bootstrap updates go, fuzzbawls and the team have plenty of work on their plates.  Instead of just being critical of current decision making, maybe you'd like to contribute with the community to help the coin grow stronger?

I like that you regularly see issues and you aren't afraid to address them.  Your critical eye will help the community reconsider potential problems.  However, I think you should consider how you address perceived flaws.  If your a community member that wants to see a healthy mintcoin then join #MintcoinOfficial on irc and let's work together to keep mint ultra fresh.  Smiley

The fact I used my time to create a Free Bootstrap.dat , which would have been updated every month was my way of helping.
Also as far as my being critical, I reported some info to Fuzzbawls which I don't believe any action has been taken on, plus my remarks on how easy it would be to fix the Mint's massive orphan issue, Just Politely ignored.

Hi Fuzzbawls,

FYI:
The latest version is reporting a hacktool from an AV call K7 on Virustotals.com ,

Figured it is just a false positive , but thought you should know before anyone else sees it.

Later,
Kiklo

Like I said Good Luck.

Cool
JRu

START WITH WALLET CLOSED

2. launch mintcoin
4. import time varies between computers but a modern computer will take about a day and half to import
6. if bootstrap is renamed and wallet doesn't load, you can force quit and relaunch (we are aware of certain instances where it will hang, and it will be addressed in next release)

One more question sorry to bother you. Just how do you know the import has been completed?
JRu

START WITH WALLET CLOSED

2. launch mintcoin

Pages:
Jump to: