Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 65. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Are any new ideas/services being considered for this project? When will we get a new wallet that's not such a resource hog?
Not sure "when". They have been working on it a lot. It would be nice to have an update from the devs on progress. they released an update a couple months ago to the wallet that improved some things.
Activity: 301
Are any new ideas/services being considered for this project? When will we get a new wallet that's not such a resource hog?
Activity: 703
Actually it says importing bootstrap blockchain data file

yes, boot strap takes roughly 24 hours or more depending on system resources
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Actually it says importing bootstrap blockchain data file
I downloaded the wallet and bootstrap. It's been on the main screen saying loading boats trap for about 10 hours. Is that normal?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Yes thank you. So many coins out there why would mint coin be successful?

I am committed to some level of marketing and transparent communication long term which may be of value to some users.  Smiley

Additionally you may want to check out the history thread in assessing mintcoin.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13798259
MINT has been round for over 2 years now, it is arguably well established, usually in the top 100 on market capitalization for the the duration of that time, even in the top 50 on market capitalization most of the time. I think a lot of people don't understand it though still. I think a lot of people look at Mintcoin as if it is solely referring to a mint candy, or mint plant. There have even been a lot of jokes about it, but really, Mintcoin is a focus on and about the minting process. The parameters for how minting is controlled and new coins being minted and released is built to be as fair as possible and sustainable.  There is a 20 day cycle of a minting every 30 seconds. This means there are 57600 mintings every 20 days. Most proof of stake coins don't offer this much opportunity to find a block that will get you to stake successfully. Other coins offer really low rewards so there is no incentive to stake and secure the network, while on the other hand other coins offer too much reward to those who are staking, and tendency is for the coin to becomes excessively inflationary long-term, and too much being paid out to the top stakeholders. With MINT, we find a perfect balance. We are still technically in the early, and higher risk phase of the coin's life, as it is still only 2 years old. The first year, MINT paid a 20% stake reward to incentivize and counter early age risk, and get the coin up and running.  Last year it paid 15%. And right now we are at the 10% rate. Once December 2016 is come,  we will all be at the 5% rate for new coin minting, and that is where it will stay. Not everyone mints their coins, so 5% will be a good long term balance as it's just enough to incentivize people, but not so high that if you don't stake your coins you will lose a lot of value from inflation. The idea is and that over the long-term the price for coins will steadily rise, so everyone will gain good returns, and if you do put in the efforts of staking and minting coins you are justly compensated for it with a reasonable 5% per year rate. You might think 5% is a low amount but keep in mind, minting is really quite easy. Way easier than mining for Bitcoins. So anything higher is probably not going to fly long-term. Anything lower is not going to provide a healthy dose of stakers to secure the network, and keep the coin fungible and scalable with strong growing demand. The MINT halving comes next year, so there is still a lot ahead of us. We are a committed community, and have been through a lot of hurdles in the past, and have a proven track record so to speak. Good group of people here in this community.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158
Mintcoin users should know that altdice.net was hacked in the past and there are still outstanding debts to investors.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14808309

"
--snip--
The former offchain dice script had flaws and was hacked. That didn't help.
--snip--"

Yes, this is true. This is not something I am hiding.
People bought for about 3 BTC worth of shares one year ago.
I got back lately to relaunch the website and make the people who entrusted me whole.

Altdice have to restart somewhere and it appear I got some MINTs left.
Not enough to give everyone his coins back, but enough to serve as a bankroll.
Mintcoin is a successful cryptocoin and I believe it deserves a reliable dice game.
Unrelated to the bad script, Altdice is provably fair, almost instant, and players can walk away with more coins than what they had. This doesn't change.

The flawed script was removed and Altdice runs with the code it uses since its beginning, which is not exploitable. (except for a compromised blockchain)
There is a lot of reasons that pushes me to do that. It might take a few months, maybe a year, but still, it's best to do something in order to clean the mess than nothing.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Mintcoin users should be aware that altdice.net was hacked in the past and there are still outstanding debts to investors.  USE CAUTION.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14808309

"Hello folks,

There is a lot to say. I made many mistakes in the past and have learned from them.
I would like to apologize to everyone for my behavior.

I was facing serious personal issues back then, I won't go into the details but I don't wish that to anyone.
The former offchain dice script had flaws and was hacked. That didn't help.
Back then, straightening the Altdice situation, on top of my private issues, seemed impossible.
It took some time but eventually things got better for me.

Being more serene now, I think it is the right time to relaunch Altdice.net
The site is working again, and accepting bets with only one currency as of now, Mintcoin.
Altdice still offers to sell shares. I believe that with time it will recover from this incident and shine bright on cryptoworld.

To DGC, VIA, GRC and FSC2 shareholders :

I would like to thank you for your trust and I will do what it takes to make you whole again.
Most of the coins invested were stolen. I still have records of your investments.
Altdice will slowly gather coins and I will send the invested coins back to the shareholders, over time.

To the people who know and trusted me :

Shit happens. That's life. Most important is to learn from mistakes and do everything to make sure that we won't repeat them.
I take my word very seriously. I say what I do and do what I say. I'll do everything to honor my words.
Thank you for believing in me, and hoping that I come back, even months after vanishing. I feel really bad for deceiving you all.
If you wish to work something out with Altdice.net, feel free to contact me."
Not expecting top 5 but just seeing what will exist I'm 5 years
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

Hello everybody  Smiley
I am happy to introduce again Altdice to the Mintcoin community.
It's a provably fair dice game pretty much like the early version of Satoshi Dice.

http://mint.altdice.net

To place a bet, choose your favorite odds and send a transaction from your wallet to the associated game address, with an amount anywhere from min bet to the max bet.
A Lucky number between 0 and 65535 will be picked up for you, based on your bet transaction ID. (Provably fair, of course)
If your Lucky number is below the target number you bet on, then you win your bet amount * Prize Multiplier which is paid out directly to your wallet.
If you lose, you get 0.1 MINT back to your wallet.

The game requires 1 Mintcoin confirmation to process a bet. 98% expected payout. 2% edge house.
Come and multiply your MINTs ! You can wager up to 3,000,000 MINT per single bet !

Have a try  Tongue
Send any amount from 10 MINT to 850,000 MINT to MZqJnkXime2ZEUw9VRmwoKcCdXo2cjSKPA => This is the 85% chance of winning game address.
It pays out x1.153 your bet amount automatically to your wallet if you win.

I wish endless fun to players and the best of luck on http://mint.altdice.net Smiley

Feel free to send a PM or Contact Us on the website whatever the reason. Feedbacks are always welcome !
Yes thank you. So many coins out there why would mint coin be successful?
I think moving to MINT is a smart move. The halving is the same thing essentially as the difficulty  doubling. It will take twice as long to mine a Bitcoin. So essentially, this could cause a lot of miners to drop out. They would have to pump the price of Bitcoin to double the current price just to break even/maintain the status quo, or double their hashing power. The problem is then you would have to double the drain on the power grid as well in order to maintain it. So is this a good thing? How is this considered a good thing? Its not good. Its making scarcity destroy our limited resources. So basically, if the miners can't make a profit, they won't mine, which will raise risks to the network.
Conversely, the scarcity in Mintcoin, is not determined by a drain on an exponential energy or resource drain. Thus, the value saved from a lack of drain on excess energy and resources can be reinvested back into the coin to produce a higher return overall. Buying more.Mintcoins instead of buying more mining gear. Then those dividends you receive are even a bonus that would have otherwise just been blown on electricity and computer parts which last for but a moment. While Mintcoins will essentially re-invest themselves.automatically. The mints mint more MINT. You see how all the money spent buying mining gear and electricity is all worthless after a matter of months, then it's good for nothing, not even resellable. Where as with buying mintcoins the value holds, as if more and more people buy more coins to get in on the minting action, then the prices go higher, and the coins themselves are the generators of new coins, the value of your initial "minting" investment goes up, rather than down with mining. As more get into mining Bitcoin, the old mining gear goes down in value. But with Mintcoin, as more people get into minting, the old coins you bought to get started with goes up in value.

I hope that makes sense.
Yes sorry lol. Autocorrect doesn't know crypto. Are you invested in mintcoin?
Not for dogecoin.

What makes Montour better than the others?

Hello. I'm thinking of buying and staking some mint coins.  Just curious if the mint coin community thinks it's  a good time now before but coin halving as I think bit coin price will drop. Will this kill mint coin price?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Hello!!!
World Association cryptocurrency supporters launched a project to maintain cryptocurrency MintCoin MINT own currency holders.
This is a very interesting project profitable.
Everyone who uses cryptocurrency agreed to buy any number of MintCoin, thereby to raise the exchange rate.
If you buy today MintCoin in the amount of $ 10, within 30 days, it will cost $ 100.
Buy MintCoin can:
https://poloniex.com/
or on other exchanges
Send this message to all who deal with cryptocurrency to as many people as possible could to earn some money

So if I buy mintcoin on Poloniex worth about $10 today, it will be worth $100 in just 30 days?  Will this work if I buy on any other exchange or is this just an exclusive deal with Polo?   Wink

Roll Eyes
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello!!!
World Association cryptocurrency supporters launched a project to maintain cryptocurrency MintCoin MINT own currency holders.
This is a very interesting project profitable.
Everyone who uses cryptocurrency agreed to buy any number of MintCoin, thereby to raise the exchange rate.
If you buy today MintCoin in the amount of $ 10, within 30 days, it will cost $ 100.
Buy MintCoin can:
https://poloniex.com/
or on other exchanges
Send this message to all who deal with cryptocurrency to as many people as possible could to earn some money
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
The nodes is not workable in my network.

what version?
what OS?
firewall?
new install or upgrade?
steps you've taken to resolve the problem?
pastebin of your debug.log?

cmon, you gotta provide SOME information beyond "it isn't working"
Pages:
Jump to: