Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 70. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 500
With regard to the new client update, on gitgub, what's the difference for Windows users between the .exe and the .zip files? Will it still run well if I have a 64bit? I think that's what I have.

The zip file is just the binaries, put them wherever you like and create your own shortcuts for the start menu & desktop.
The exe installer file will put the same binaries in your Program Files folder and create a start menu shortcut for you (similar to what the BTC installer does).
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
With regard to the new client update, on gitgub, what's the difference for Windows users between the .exe and the .zip files? Will it still run well if I have a 64bit? I think that's what I have.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Hey guys,

I am the only active moderator for the MintCoin subreddit, so that's why I changed my title on there to say Chief Moderator and because I am currently the most recent moderator that was added (this generally means lesser position in the chain of command). Unfortunately, I was never given "full permissions" so I cannot add additional moderators. The user "mintcoin" is the only one with "full permissions" and that account I believe is still controlled by cryptomommy... so we need to get in contact with her to get her to transfer over the credentials to URSAY or myself, or some other long-time community member...or at the very least, she just needs to login to Reddit long enough to go over to http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/about/moderators and grant me "full permissions" (ideally also delete the other inactive mods listed there), and then I can take care of it all from there.

Just sent her an email asking for that info.  Because she delivered admin access to me for other social media, I think it could be wise to give full admin to you on Reddit and it would be your choice on how that channel is run and which persons you choose to give similar admin access.

Mintcoin is open source and does not belong to one person or institution.  MINT is a community coin defined by it's users.  Considering this ethos, I'd like to continue working towards an even more decentralized model for mintcoin's social channels and important assets.  My current thinking is something like each asset has an admin leader and that leader does their best to work for the community and handle the full duties of that asset.  Admin password would be broken up into 2-3 parts and sent via PGP or snail mail to other leader holders.  Those holders would have an ability to organize and take over an asset without the permission of the main leader if needed.

Currently I believe things are running smoothly but we should always be working towards a more decentralized model.   Kiss
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
I'd like to thank cryptomommy for handing over the mintcointeam account now that she is currently too busy for updates.  I've already started updating the op with current info.

I'm looking forward to helping improve things and continuing to help build an even fresher and smoother mintcoin.   Smiley

MINT MINT MINT

coin coin coin

^

Did you get the account that controls Mintcoin's Reddit page too? I think it's important to make sure we have control of the subreddit. We could probably use a couple more moderators...the other day there was some inappropriate spam on there, took several days before it was removed.

coolbeansMINT is the chief mod.  I sent msg asking for mod status.  Tongue

Hey guys,

I am the only active moderator for the MintCoin subreddit, so that's why I changed my title on there to say Chief Moderator and because I am currently the most recent moderator that was added (this generally means lesser position in the chain of command). Unfortunately, I was never given "full permissions" so I cannot add additional moderators. The user "mintcoin" is the only one with "full permissions" and that account I believe is still controlled by cryptomommy... so we need to get in contact with her to get her to transfer over the credentials to URSAY or myself, or some other long-time community member...or at the very least, she just needs to login to Reddit long enough to go over to http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/about/moderators and grant me "full permissions" (ideally also delete the other inactive mods listed there), and then I can take care of it all from there.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
right on so it'll continuously strengthen the network, I noticed mine have been broken into a bunch of smaller chunks...  good stuff.

I can't wait for the update that brings down cpu usage of the MINT wallet, then I'll have my wallet running all the time. but for now I just load it every 30 days and close it when it's done minting.

so far one of the most stable with the least amount of cpu usage in a wallet that I've seen is Primechain, it's wallet uses a mere 40-60 mb's of memory and my wallet is staking 30+ times a day. If you guys are looking for good code to use you should check it out lol you guys would know better than I.

Cheers and much love to the MINT community
Any idea's why my wallet is only minting very small amounts? I never transferred small amounts to the wallet.
It's minting 70/100 at a time. Previously this was between 600 and 15000.
It starting doing this with wallet 2.0.1.0 and i just updated to 2.0.2.0

Check wallet and repair wallet say everything is good.

everytime your wallet mints, it splits into more parts... turn on coin control, and go to send coins and see how many transactions you have
It only splits it if you MINT within 20 days of your coins being mature. If you MINT after 20 days of them being mature, it won't split it anymore.

So for example, day 1, you deposit 1,000,000 coins to an address. On day 20, you will probably mint and it will split it into two transactions. Day 40, all the transactions will start trying to mint again; if they do mint before day 60, then they will be all split again. but let's say for the sake of argument, that it takes until day 63 to mint, then it will not be split further.

The whole point of the feature is to smooth out the difficulty over time, and create network stability, and help ensure there are always enough minting attempts going on, that blocks will always be found every 30 seconds. ...Like if all mintcoins were placed in 1 transaction, then no blocks could be found for 20 days until the coins matured...that would be a problem. So the splitting feature is good because it helps protect against that sort of thing happening by accident.
Activity: 703
Any idea's why my wallet is only minting very small amounts? I never transferred small amounts to the wallet.

everytime your wallet mints, it splits into more parts... turn on coin control, and go to send coins and see how many transactions you have
Activity: 336

legendary
Kaspa
oh a new wallet  Shocked I'll load it up  Cheesy

lets put a little more detail behind what users can expect:

START WITH WALLET CLOSED

1. drop bootstrap.dat in datadir directory
2. launch mintcoin
3. you will have a loading screen saying "importing bootstrap"
4. import time varies between computers but a modern computer will take about a day and half to import
5. bootstrap will auto rename once completed
6. if bootstrap is renamed and wallet doesn't load, you can force quit and relaunch (we are aware of certain instances where it will hang, and it will be addressed in next release)
Activity: 325
New bootstrap released (link added to op)...

https://link.getsync.com/#f=bootstrap&sz=1E9&t=1&s=PLWY53LWFWGR67POGCCJIB7L2H2UXLVE&i=CRVSHHV6P25RWLX7HDGOPRIHRX2ZMC5VS&v=2.3

Updated bootstrap released 4/5/16

Updated bootstrap released 8/29/16 and now hosted at mintcoinofficial.com

Updated bootstrap released 1/17/17.  Download from mintcoinofficial.com

OR

https://link.getsync.com/#f=bootstrap&sz=1E9&t=1&s=PLWY53LWFWGR67POGCCJIB7L2H2UXLVE&i=CRU6W3X7DMMZ2Q36C4LCTHC25VB3G5CXN&v=2.3

START WITH WALLET CLOSED

1. drop unzipped bootstrap.dat in empty datadir directory called MintCoin.   This is the area where you would normally find your wallet.dat.  Paths listed below.
2. launch mintcoin
3. you will have a loading screen saying "importing bootstrap"
4. import time varies between computers but a modern computer will take about 24-48 hours for import
5. bootstrap will auto rename once completed
6. if bootstrap is renamed and wallet doesn't load, you can force quit and relaunch (we are aware of certain instances where it will hang, and it will be addressed in next release)

MintCoin folder file path
Mac (you may need to show hidden files in the finder)
Users/username/Library/Application Support/MintCoin
Windows Vista and 7
C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\Roaming\MintCoin
Linux
~/.mintcoin
legendary
Kaspa
synced and staked like clockwork last time... I love me some fresh MINT
so are you using linearize.py or something else?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/master/contrib/linearize

not that version, because that is designed for newer versions of BTC which obviously isn't what MINT is based on...but yeah python linearize.
Restructured meaning linearized. The blkxxxx.dat files normally found in a user's datadir contain all sorts of things that are useless or even detrimental for bootstrapping purposes. Things like orphan data, block reconnects, out of order blocks, and chain reorginization data that slow the process down for end users, or in a worst case scenario, contain invalidated conflicting data.

A linearized bootstrap is crafted to only contain a sequential verified chain.
Is everything working fine with the update for those who synced from scratch?

2.0.2 works for me with previously downloaded blockchain (no bootstrap)

Currently doing Q&A on a new bootstrap which was restructured by devs to correct some issues.  This new bootstrap could be available later this evening if all goes as planned.

kiklo, your new bootstrap thread is cool.  Can I get you a test link?  Smiley

Thanks,
My mint bootstrap was created after syncing from the network with the older 2.0.0.1 wallet version,
and then converting the blk0001.dat by using copy /b  .

This wording concerns me,
new bootstrap which was restructured by devs to correct some issues.
So I am going to assume the wording is a little off and hope restructured is the wrong word.
The Guys need to clarify exactly what they are doing to the bootstrap since that will feed directly in the blockchain.

Cool

FYI:
You can PM me a test link , but it will be tonight, before I can start the import.
What was mean by that comment is that the dev team is putting out an official bootstrap that was created from one of their clients to replace the "Fake" bootstrap, which is just a copy of someones datadir minus the wallet.dat file

That comment had nothing to do with your bootstrap.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Someboby, please, release online wallet for Mint with import priv. key!  

Have you tried coinwallet.co?  Not sure if that feature is available there but worth a try.

Currently doing Q&A on a new bootstrap which was restructured by devs to correct some issues.  This new bootstrap could be available later this evening if all goes as planned.

kiklo, your new bootstrap thread is cool.  Can I get you a test link?  Smiley

Thanks,
My mint bootstrap was created after syncing from the network with the older 2.0.0.1 wallet version,
and then converting the blk0001.dat by using copy /b  .

This wording concerns me,
new bootstrap which was restructured by devs to correct some issues.
So I am going to assume the wording is a little off and hope restructured is the wrong word.
The Guys need to clarify exactly what they are doing to the bootstrap since that will feed directly in the blockchain.

Cool

FYI:
You can PM me a test link , but it will be tonight, before I can start the import.

As the dev team works towards a 2.1 release, optimization of resources is being considered so the wallet runs smoother.  I believe as the data directory is optimized thru the recent releases that lead up to 2.1, it requires a corrected bootstrap that mirrors the changes and in turn does not shoot out errors.

I am not a dev.  Restructure may not be the correct language.  Devs are on later today and can speak in more technical terms if needed.  Sending you a link kiklo.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132
Someboby, please, release online wallet for Mint with import priv. key! 
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Currently doing Q&A on a new bootstrap which was restructured by devs to correct some issues.  This new bootstrap could be available later this evening if all goes as planned.

kiklo, your new bootstrap thread is cool.  Can I get you a test link?  Smiley
Activity: 574
Pages:
Jump to: