Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 64. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
I can do a financial summary. However, it does take me time to perform the analysis.
Is there anything specific you or others want me to address?
There are many different angles I could cover the financials from.

For example:
Do we want, just Overall statistics from inception of Mintcoin?
Or just performance so far this calendar year?
Or performance since the last minting reward reduction?
Do we want analysis done in terms valued in USD or BTC or some other currency?

Or dare I say, all of the above?  Cheesy

What financials would be the most useful to the community?

When are you wanting it by, or when are you planning to do another community update?
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Good morning deepcreek &  MarSas!
Nice to see so many familiar faces.

I am on IRC and back on Reddit, Twitter & Facebook.
Feel free to ping me Smiley
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Hi Jessica! I must say im so stoked to see you back in here, and glad that everything is OK,
i must say i havent been that active lately, but i can see Ursay is still on IRC. Maybe we can have a chat there when you have a free moment Smiley

and @coolbeans94, i believe that URSAY currently holds full control on Reddit, i guess you can hit him up if you need any permissions or something like that, im also a moderator but to be honest im not really checking it everyday due to low activity in the last weeks.

Greetings & Salutations my friends Smiley

I am looking to roll up my sleeves and dive back into mintcoin - Would anyone be interested in joining me in a discussion on Mintcoin's future plans?
I will have an agenda here shortly - basically looking to discuss unique value statements, purpose and next steps.

Thanks!
Jessie

Hi Jessica,

Welcome back to the Mint Club!  Ready to dive in for the long haul? I hope things have turned a corner for you for the better lately.
First off, one thing I would like to request is to obtain full permissions on Reddit (or at least the permissions to create new moderators). Do you still have access to the "mintcoin" account?  I have pretty much been the only active Mod on there, so it would be really helpful if you could log on to Reddit, and give me full permissions. It would be nice to have several mods, because I can usually only check in on it from time to time, but I am committed to do a good job as I am able.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/about/moderators

As far as a marketing point of view, one thing I would like to see, which I think would be good, is a solid regularly occurring marketing progress and events activity video. Sort of like what you had going before. But I don't want you to get burned out again, so maybe scale it back a bit less frequently. Like maybe quarterly or triannual or semiannual, (whatever you can handle Smiley).

- There is still work being done on a major wallet/client overhaul to improve performance and give the GUI a facelift.  I am not sure how well this is progressing and coming along though as there is a lot of work.
- The halving for MINT is coming up I believe in December. This will bring MINT to the final 5% annual minting rate, which should be good for the long-run stability and growth.

I'm sure if I am missing anything else, others can fill you in better than I. Looking forward to seeing you around in our community again!
Onwards to MINT MAJESTY! Cool

Good morning!
1) please pm me with your username on reddit - I thought you already had mod access; however I can connect with Ursay on the new password if applicable and offer you that access.

2) I am no longer working 70 hour weeks (yey!) so I will have time again to work on Mintcoin.

I would love to sum up a new release on current development; however need to connect a little more first to get a feel on whats current in the works. On IRC as well trying to get updated.

CoolBeans - would you be able to put together a current Mintcoin financial summary to be featured in the next podcast?

Activity: 750
Without furture development,MINT might be delisted soon from poloniex.

you do realize that Polo has numerous coins listed that have had zero development for over a year...right?

but thats besides the point, try reading up a mere 1 (or 3, or 5) post from yours
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Without furture development,MINT might be delisted soon from poloniex.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

I am looking to roll up my sleeves and dive back into mintcoin - Would anyone be interested in joining me in a discussion on Mintcoin's future plans?
I will have an agenda here shortly - basically looking to discuss unique value statements, purpose and next steps.

Thanks!
Jessie

Hi Jessica,

Welcome back to the Mint Club!  Ready to dive in for the long haul? I hope things have turned a corner for you for the better lately.
First off, one thing I would like to request is to obtain full permissions on Reddit (or at least the permissions to create new moderators). Do you still have access to the "mintcoin" account?  I have pretty much been the only active Mod on there, so it would be really helpful if you could log on to Reddit, and give me full permissions. It would be nice to have several mods, because I can usually only check in on it from time to time, but I am committed to do a good job as I am able.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/about/moderators

As far as a marketing point of view, one thing I would like to see, which I think would be good, is a solid regularly occurring marketing progress and events activity video. Sort of like what you had going before. But I don't want you to get burned out again, so maybe scale it back a bit less frequently. Like maybe quarterly or triannual or semiannual, (whatever you can handle Smiley).

- There is still work being done on a major wallet/client overhaul to improve performance and give the GUI a facelift.  I am not sure how well this is progressing and coming along though as there is a lot of work.
- The halving for MINT is coming up I believe in December. This will bring MINT to the final 5% annual minting rate, which should be good for the long-run stability and growth.

I'm sure if I am missing anything else, others can fill you in better than I. Looking forward to seeing you around in our community again!
Onwards to MINT MAJESTY! Cool

Activity: 574
Hello, Jessie! Nice to see you back after quite a while!

Thanks!
Jessie
Activity: 356
We just don't hype it. Slow and steady. Better and better it will become.
Activity: 703
i was sure this coin is dead - after moolah fiasco Smiley
suprised someobdy still works to make it back

we've been working and test for awhile now trying to get updated core and new block indexing instead of the old clunky way of building a db causing memory bloats, as well as fixing bad datadir for conversions.... when new wallet finally passes internal testing via test group, then we can beta test it followed by release...

p.s. i've only mentioned minor features... there are some major features still being worked on that we aren't ready to release as it is still being worked on and i would hate to state a feature then us having to pull it
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
i was sure this coin is dead - after moolah fiasco Smiley
suprised someobdy still works to make it back

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Hi Wallet still ticking over fine this end, minted silly amount since 2nd march 2014, given away many millions of mint through 'rain' apps on facebook and various other social channels.

FB seems a bit quiet, https://www.facebook.com/groups/mintcoin/  

Is dev still active in the background, see various wallet app details on github.
Poloniex has seen an increase of large mint dumps at 8sats 30mil+

anything that can be advised good/bad going on or link up to future plans?  
have run through https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13798259

This is more directed towards sambiohazrd...with all respect...
I'm seeing lots of recent work on Git in regards to mint.  It's not in the main repository but it's public.  This is a difficult subject.  Volunteer devs should be allowed breathing room or they could walk away based on unnecessary scrutiny.  However, transparency is important for investors and users.  I'm not sure what kind of communication expectations you can hold to a community developed coin without a central organization.  If the devs want to engage with the public then they will.  Rather then require communications that fit your preferences, make time to do your own research or consider the newly launched flavor of the day coin with spoon fed announcements that match your ideas.  Again, just friendly debate.  Smiley

As far as the markets go, I think it's important to look at a year long or all chart and consider what bottom could be.  Exchange manipulation is common as history shows.  I'm a bit concerned about Cryptsy coins and how they could affect the market going forward but I'm guessing some of that recent sell pressure is related to some of the data that users are offering...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/4j4kx7/mintcoin_from_cryptsy/

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi Wallet still ticking over fine this end, minted silly amount since 2nd march 2014, given away many millions of mint through 'rain' apps on facebook and various other social channels.

FB seems a bit quiet, https://www.facebook.com/groups/mintcoin/  

Is dev still active in the background, see various wallet app details on github.
Poloniex has seen an increase of large mint dumps at 8sats 30mil+

anything that can be advised good/bad going on or link up to future plans?  
have run through https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13798259
Activity: 154
I'm not sure I was using any sarcasm.  I am saying that updates have been coming directly from the devs in the form of actual software with release notes, official bootstrap, etc.  The devs have been quite clear that they are moving towards a 2.1 release and activity shows that on Git.  Everyone working on mintcoin is a volunteer with other jobs and projects.  I would prefer the devs focus on coding and doing the work that only their expertise can provide rather then PR, CS, and general admin work.  Perhaps I can help you?  Is there specific info your looking for?  It's quite clear that there has been plenty of communication and software releases within the last 6 months.

But yes...we all miss cryptomommy.  SIGH.  Maybe you can help provide some of the updates that she can no longer do?  What type of info is needed in your opinion?  Are you interested in helping with mint?  Have you seen the history thread?  Just trying to help kind sir.  Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13798259

ah, thanks for the link, its quite awesome! I was looking for something along the link i posted (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.14460950) which updates on progress even if there is no release. Not everyone is familiar with github and how to understand the activity going on there. It is a whole new jargon/language to learn. Probably the problem is that this is a very generic/large refresh of the code and there is no specific thing to let people know about. It will come out and everyone will feel the difference in performance but not so much in UI. To provide updates one needs to at least read the dev disscussions, i do that with DCR & BTC core(i mean read dev chats, not the updates Tongue) but i have only so much time. All big coins have some kind of updates that let people know what devs are thinking & discussing. If someone can do that it would be amazing.

This post from you was 12 days ago.  I'm not sure what types of updates you expect in just under a 2 week time frame.  We don't have funding from an ITO or something similar which could allow for full time employees.  Bugs are being fixed for the next release and another improved wallet will be pushed out once it's stable and ready.  The devs work independently on Git and merge into the main account when it's time for release.

[EDIT] I will speak with devs about documentation of Git activity within the history thread.  Keep in mind that today is a holiday.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I checked the github linked in OP and latest commit was a few months ago. I am not sure what is going on. Am i looking at wrong github? Also some update no matter how technical, will be appreciated.
Activity: 154
lets face it this coin died a while ago and it's not coming back.
To bad i always had high hopes for mint Sad

Dead?  Interesting.  I'm not sure your following too closely.  Wink
Activity: 336
Well i'm out of this coin have been with it from the start and made me quite a few BTC with the big pump a while ago.
Have about 20mil left to catch a pumpwave but lets face it this coin died a while ago and it's not coming back.
To bad i always had high hopes for mint Sad

Hope the devs prove me wrong good luck  Cool
Activity: 181
I downloaded the wallet and bootstrap. It's been on the main screen saying loading boats trap for about 10 hours. Is that normal?

It is likely normal the entire chain already at more than 2.5 million block, will take a while before it fully synced.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Been rather quite here lately. What's going on and happening with this coin? I really like this coin, and want to see it flourish. Glad to see we got a dice game. How are developments coming along? Anything new and exciting?

I'm finally starting to mint some value where it looks like this could really pay off better than mining! Nice to see! This coin has promise. Keep up the good work
Pages:
Jump to: