Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 690. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
If you are willing to share some MINT with us poor folks

MnAFFJ8aQS2D7X7gMeAAxWXaD52MKKrA6A

Thank you.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
this is decentralized currency ya'll

there is no need for an authority figure to hold your hand and tell you it will be ok.

im behind mint 100% and fuck satoshis i plan to see it hit 1+ USD

I also hope for dollar parity someday

Cool
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Guido
Why do you guys think this coin is going to increase in value? I wan't to know where you guys look at before you guys speculate. I am a noob and I am really new to this market so I really want to hear it from someone who has been in this market for a while.
you do not need the price of the currency rise....Requires that the price is stable!!! that happen in 9 days
do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

Well it is just there to clear things up. I believe the core dev team isn't asking for 5M more, they got 1% already. Maybe it's David asking for community funds. Besides, a mintcoin/USD exchange won't happen soon. A CNY exchange is up at bter though.

I do agree though a simple poll would be enough.

The dev clearly states that they have the USD exchange planned for the future and if the community wants it sooner they can pay for it.

Read what it says carefully, without any prior assumptions to cloud understanding of what he says.

Activity: 210
I wonder if it's going to be a solid coin.

It's nice that all the tech is a-okay and that this coin will be POS in  2 weeks, but in the mean time you have the miners dumping the sh*t out of this coin. I wonder what is left after the POW has ended. Let's hope it will regain some value, but who knows?

20% interest sounds nice, unless you bought in at 39 (like I have) and the coin stays in the lower twenties...

I have only POS crypto's, with mainly NXT and some MINT (and stakes at NEM and eXo). All for different reasons.

We are working towards a long-term development that is branded and works well for people new to cryptos who don't want to setup miners in order to get the benefits of mining.

Instead of mining, everyone holding will be minting, and they will help secure the network.

Cheers.

Sure, but dude those logos your getting excited about on mintcointalk are pretty damn boring and more suited to leafcoin. Just being honest.
Mint coin is not simply about a mint leaf, geez! Your forgetting the whole minting process.
Please someone with an ounce of creativity design a proper logo better than a damn leaf and I will give them 150k coins myself.

The mint leaf was the direction taken because that's the direction we were given. Doesn't matter how many "ounces of creativity" you have if people disagree about the art direction.

That being said, is this getting any closer for you?

I like the silver. Makes me think of money more than the green one.

Edit: the font is PERFECT
Activity: 332
Merit: 252

The mint leaf was the direction taken because that's the direction we were given. Doesn't matter how many "ounces of creativity" you have if people disagree about the art direction.

Great work ... I really like these.
Activity: 182
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

Brand new pool, need miners!  Smiley

mint.charityminingpools.com

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.5% Pool Fees, 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
I wonder if it's going to be a solid coin.

It's nice that all the tech is a-okay and that this coin will be POS in  2 weeks, but in the mean time you have the miners dumping the sh*t out of this coin. I wonder what is left after the POW has ended. Let's hope it will regain some value, but who knows?

20% interest sounds nice, unless you bought in at 39 (like I have) and the coin stays in the lower twenties...

I have only POS crypto's, with mainly NXT and some MINT (and stakes at NEM and eXo). All for different reasons.

We are working towards a long-term development that is branded and works well for people new to cryptos who don't want to setup miners in order to get the benefits of mining.

Instead of mining, everyone holding will be minting, and they will help secure the network.

Cheers.

Sure, but dude those logos your getting excited about on mintcointalk are pretty damn boring and more suited to leafcoin. Just being honest.
Mint coin is not simply about a mint leaf, geez! Your forgetting the whole minting process.
Please someone with an ounce of creativity design a proper logo better than a damn leaf and I will give them 150k coins myself.

https://i.imgur.com/6ebkZcN.png
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Why do you guys think this coin is going to increase in value? I wan't to know where you guys look at before you guys speculate. I am a noob and I am really new to this market so I really want to hear it from someone who has been in this market for a while.
Activity: 308
Wait when full PoS kickes in. Multipools just screwing the price atm.

That's just useful for buying more.

Yep, I'm stocking up.
Activity: 213
Wait when full PoS kickes in. Multipools just screwing the price atm.

That's just useful for buying more.
Activity: 23
It looks like people have had a similar issue but something weird appears to be happening with my wallet:

1)   I unlock the wallet for about an hour
2)   Coins are minted and show up in stake
3)   Stake coins transfer to balance after some time
4)   At what appears to be a random time, coins from the balance transfer back to stake
5)   Process repeats
6)   This also just happens to occur while at transaction # 666 . . . . yes I’m serious

Is this the normal minting process?

Is there a legitimate reason for coins to ever transfer out from the balance?

I just noticed this and haven’t been able to pay attention enough to notice if there is any net loss from the overall balance or if it’s just a ping-pong of the coins back and forth. . . .

Thanks

Coins showned as stake are coins from your balance that are held (or locked) for the minting process.
When minting is done they are transferred back to your balance along with the coins that they minted.

That is how i understand it...

If only I would have seen your post while editing my original ! lol Smiley

I believe you are 100% accurate. Thanks!
Activity: 210
It looks like people have had a similar issue but something weird appears to be happening with my wallet:

1)   I unlock the wallet for about an hour
2)   Coins are minted and show up in stake
3)   Stake coins transfer to balance after some time
4)   At what appears to be a random time, coins from the balance transfer back to stake
5)   Process repeats
6)   This also just happens to occur while at transaction # 666 . . . . yes I’m serious

Is this the normal minting process?

Is there a legitimate reason for coins to ever transfer out from the balance?

I just noticed this and haven’t been able to pay attention enough to notice if there is any net loss from the overall balance or if it’s just a ping-pong of the coins back and forth. . . .

Thanks

Coins showned as stake are coins from your balance that are held (or locked) for the minting process.
When minting is done they are transferred back to your balance along with the coins that they minted.

That is how i understand it...
Activity: 165
i have around 25k in my wallet from last 5 days but i did not got any POS coin...do i have to some command to start POS mining...i have not encrypted my wallet

Have they been untouched in your wallet for more than 20 days? That's how long it takes for the process to start.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006
i have around 25k in my wallet from last 5 days but i did not got any POS coin...do i have to some command to start POS mining...i have not encrypted my wallet

Do you read the first page???

PoS will start after at least 20 days of holding of the coins in the wallet.
Activity: 145
Activity: 23
Edited - removed initial post

*** I have been able to watch the minting process more:

When a new transaction from minting occurs it does indeed move a subset of funds from the wallet balance to stake and then back. I assume this is how minting works and the subset of the balance is the actual coins that the POS is being calculated against and that plus the new minted coins are returned to the wallet increasing the net wallet balance by the total of what was just credited for minting (with the "staked" coins replaced as well).

Huh
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
Wouldn't it be nice if we had a chat on the mintcointalk forum for faster discussion?
According to the fact that dev is speaking there, I'd second this.

Still, there should still be some traffic here, for the page count. I guess a progressive transition will help. If mintcoin is active, there will alway be newcomers to post here, anyway.

or to get everything out in the air in one whack ... how about an AMA on reddit for the dev ...
Jump to: