Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 73. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 250
MINT has just a 30 second block time, so how would increasing the drift time to 60 seconds be any more helpful here? There is nothing essentially wrong with orphans anyway, so guess I don't see why that's such a big deal. You might want to consolidate your 1 million coins into a single transaction, as that will revamp the weight for a single minting, so you will will mint more successfully, yet less often.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the new wallet? I am curious, did you guys manage to incorporate the change to the GUI so that is says "Minting" instead of "Stake"?

design hasn't gone through yet... we are testing the code side of it first... after code passes alpha, then the design gets put in
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
MINT has just a 30 second block time, so how would increasing the drift time to 60 seconds be any more helpful here? There is nothing essentially wrong with orphans anyway, so guess I don't see why that's such a big deal. You might want to consolidate your 1 million coins into a single transaction, as that will revamp the weight for a single minting, so you will will mint more successfully, yet less often.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the new wallet? I am curious, did you guys manage to incorporate the change to the GUI so that is says "Minting" instead of "Stake"?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Updated mine today and everything looks to run smoothy.

Same here, but still too many orphans when trying to mint.

Cool

What kind of block sizes are you using? Smaller inputs generate weight at a much slower rate than larger inputs, which could indeed lead to excessive orphans.

Blocks of 1 million, they mint with 1 confirmation and then fail to get the 2nd and become an orphan,
problem is it does it like 5 or more times before it is a success, try it with 2 different ISPs and PCs.

The problem first appeared after the last presstab update, so it is either being caused by the timedrift being so low or the code so mint does not stake the entire 60 seconds.
ZEIT adjusted our Time drift to a 1 minute max and we still stake the entire 60 seconds, Mint went down to a 30second time drift and does not stake the entire 60 seconds.
ZEIT is not seeing the multiple orphan issue like Mint , so it is one of those 2 changes that is causing all of the orphans in Mint.

Cool
Activity: 750

Cool

What kind of block sizes are you using? Smaller inputs generate weight at a much slower rate than larger inputs, which could indeed lead to excessive orphans.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Cool
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Activity: 770
Just updated and get ("error reading blkindex.dat") also, version 2.0.1 worked fine.
Activity: 301
After updated my wallet on windows from v2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I have "error reading blkindex.dat"  Huh

Sounds like your datadir is corrupted... I would suggest downloading the bootstrap and replacing those files.

This likely happened either due to app crash, forcefully closing the app without letting it complete the exit process or a complete system crash

I downloaded the bootstrap from mincoint official and replaced data dir, and get some error  Sad

With v2.0.1 all OK

I'm also having the same issue ("error reading blkindex.dat"). My 2.0.1 wallet is fully sync'ed to block #2371004 and has been working perfectly. I run it every day. I can tell you that in my appdata file there is no sub-file named blkindex.dat. Maybe this helps.

I believe the correct file name is "blk0001". At least that is what I have.

Ok, I just tried renaming this file "blkindex" but it still didn't help.

I wonder if something needs to be changed in the properties.
After updated my wallet on windows from v2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I have "error reading blkindex.dat"  Huh

Sounds like your datadir is corrupted... I would suggest downloading the bootstrap and replacing those files.

This likely happened either due to app crash, forcefully closing the app without letting it complete the exit process or a complete system crash

I downloaded the bootstrap from mincoint official and replaced data dir, and get some error  Sad

With v2.0.1 all OK

I'll get my chain up-to-date again with 2.0.2 and upload bootstrap for you that should work exactly... there should be no reason that it continues to do that, because we didn't change bdb version.
Guys do I need to download the 2.0.2 wallet?
Because when I start my wallet now it says:
Warning: checkpoint is to old. Wait for the blockchain to download or Contact developers.

So I Fully downloaded the blockchain and it still says the same.
Will the new wallet fix that or is something wrong?

2.0.2 fixes that issue plus a few other issues
Activity: 62
After updated my wallet on windows from v2.0.1 to 2.0.2 I have "error reading blkindex.dat"  Huh

I downloaded the bootstrap from mincoint official and replaced data dir, and get some error  Sad

With v2.0.1 all OK
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Guys do I need to download the 2.0.2 wallet?
Because when I start my wallet now it says:
Warning: checkpoint is to old. Wait for the blockchain to download or Contact developers.

So I Fully downloaded the blockchain and it still says the same.
Will the new wallet fix that or is something wrong?

Activity: 336

RECOMMENDED  UPDATE - v2.0.2

This is a security and maintenance patch for the 2.0 branch of MintCoin. As work towards the 2.1 overhaul is being extended, we are continuing to make adjustments and forward compatibility patches to our current release branch (2.0). Included in this release are a number of updates related to security. Though mostly edge cases, we feel it is important to include such patches for completeness.

SUPPORT FOR 3RD PARTY TRANSACTION URLS

Included in this release is optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs (Block explorer links). The setting is accessed from within the GUI's options window in the "Display" tab. Users can enter URLs to as many Block Explorers Transaction pages as they like and each entry (after restarting the client) will then be a clickable item in the transaction history's context menu.

This eliminates the need to manually copy/paste a TXID into a block explorer's search field. Some example URLs to include in this field are:

Code:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/tx.dws?%s.htm
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?id=240&txId=%s

SECURITY / DEPENDENCIES UPDATES

• [f21ebad] Guard against OpenSSL's new strict DER checking
  • [1696dc1] Miniupnpc 1.9 API compatibility
  • [a5d130c] Fix invalid signature with crafted length (PPC)

CLI / GUI UPDATES

• [470bfb4] Optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs
  • [2215305] Display the Berkeley DB version used in debug.log and RPC Console UI
  • [e8e2d96] Clean up GUI Tooltips and status message handling

MISC UPDATES

HOW TO UPDATE

Since this release still runs on the single-file database format, updating is a simple process of replacing your binary executable from one of the downloads from the downloads page. Please make sure that no MintCoin processes are currently running before replacing this file! Once the file has been replaced, start up your wallet/daemon as usual.

WINDOWS INSTALLER RETURNS

Windows clients now again have the option of using a self-contained installer (available below) to install MintCoin on their systems. The installer places the binaries in your Program Files folder and adds a handy Start Menu Icon for easy launching.

NOTE FOR SELF-COMPILERS

This release is NOT contained in the master branch of the MINT repository, it is in the 2.0 branch exclusively! The 2.0 branch contains backports from our development repos that were custom tailored specifically for the 2.0 branch of MINT. Rather than deal with a chain of rebases, we decided to branch off the 2.0 tree from master. The process for compiling this release yourself contains the additional step of making sure you have the correct branch (or tag) checked out.
Code:
 git clone https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet.git 
Then either
Code:
 git checkout 2.0 
or
Code:
 git checkout tags/v2.0.2 

All startup and RPC commands from previous versions, as well as conf file format remain the same.
All Images, Logos, and GUI elements remain consistent with previous 2.0 branch releases.

I just updated and wallet runs fine but when i click on the links in the wallet the won't work.
If domains don't exist anymore they really shouldn't be listed in the wallet i think.

http://mintcoinfund.org/
http://www.mintshops.com/

Other then that keep up the good work
Activity: 62
Activity: 750
Does anyone know if all of the Mintcoins from Cryptsy are lost forever? Wasn't it like 2 billion coins or something? On that exchange..

This client Update is not mandatory right? Looks like good updates, keep em coming Smiley

2.0.2 indeed is not "mandatory", but is "highly recommended" as it fixes some attack vectors (miniupnp/crafted sig) as well as adds support for newer versions of OpenSSL in signature verification. Not upgrading your client will still leave you open to at least 2 of these 3 issues needlessly
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Does anyone know if all of the Mintcoins from Cryptsy are lost forever? Wasn't it like 2 billion coins or something? On that exchange..

This client Update is not mandatory right? Looks like good updates, keep em coming Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 511

RECOMMENDED  UPDATE - v2.0.2

This is a security and maintenance patch for the 2.0 branch of MintCoin. As work towards the 2.1 overhaul is being extended, we are continuing to make adjustments and forward compatibility patches to our current release branch (2.0). Included in this release are a number of updates related to security. Though mostly edge cases, we feel it is important to include such patches for completeness.

SUPPORT FOR 3RD PARTY TRANSACTION URLS

Included in this release is optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs (Block explorer links). The setting is accessed from within the GUI's options window in the "Display" tab. Users can enter URLs to as many Block Explorers Transaction pages as they like and each entry (after restarting the client) will then be a clickable item in the transaction history's context menu.

This eliminates the need to manually copy/paste a TXID into a block explorer's search field. Some example URLs to include in this field are:

Code:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/mint/tx.dws?%s.htm
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?id=240&txId=%s

SECURITY / DEPENDENCIES UPDATES

• [f21ebad] Guard against OpenSSL's new strict DER checking
  • [1696dc1] Miniupnpc 1.9 API compatibility
  • [a5d130c] Fix invalid signature with crafted length (PPC)

CLI / GUI UPDATES

• [470bfb4] Optional support for 3rd party transaction URLs
  • [2215305] Display the Berkeley DB version used in debug.log and RPC Console UI
  • [e8e2d96] Clean up GUI Tooltips and status message handling

MISC UPDATES

HOW TO UPDATE

Since this release still runs on the single-file database format, updating is a simple process of replacing your binary executable from one of the downloads from the downloads page. Please make sure that no MintCoin processes are currently running before replacing this file! Once the file has been replaced, start up your wallet/daemon as usual.

WINDOWS INSTALLER RETURNS

Windows clients now again have the option of using a self-contained installer (available below) to install MintCoin on their systems. The installer places the binaries in your Program Files folder and adds a handy Start Menu Icon for easy launching.

NOTE FOR SELF-COMPILERS

This release is NOT contained in the master branch of the MINT repository, it is in the 2.0 branch exclusively! The 2.0 branch contains backports from our development repos that were custom tailored specifically for the 2.0 branch of MINT. Rather than deal with a chain of rebases, we decided to branch off the 2.0 tree from master. The process for compiling this release yourself contains the additional step of making sure you have the correct branch (or tag) checked out.
Code:
 git clone https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet.git 
Then either
Code:
 git checkout 2.0 
or
Code:
 git checkout tags/v2.0.2 

All startup and RPC commands from previous versions, as well as conf file format remain the same.
All Images, Logos, and GUI elements remain consistent with previous 2.0 branch releases.

Ok so this is the new update for the new windows wallet?
Because it isn't updated in the main post yet?
There it still says 2.0.1, but if this is the new wallet.
Really nice that you made it a little faster because this wallet is so slow.

And I really don't see a lot happening with this coin anymore, new coins have entered the playing fields.
Took over our share we should take it back guys, Minting is still really good for the envoirment!
Pages:
Jump to: