Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 723. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Strange, were you mining on day 1-3?

I had been opening my wallet over the past few days wondering where my minting was, but I had only opened my wallet for around 5-10 mins at a time. It seems like you need to keep it open for a while for it to work, but I have no idea why yours has not shown if you have been holding since day 1-3.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Activity: 168
I've left mine open since 4 am on the 27th and nothing...
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I left my wallet open for one hour and these appeared. It appears I have been given back-pay. So if any of you have not received minting that have been here since day one then I suggest you leave your wallet open for an hour or two.
i kept it open for 24hours and still nothing
Activity: 238

I left my wallet open for one hour and these appeared. It appears I have been given back-pay. So if any of you have not received minting that have been here since day one then I suggest you leave your wallet open for an hour or two.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with the premine. If I was thinking long term to support my coin I wouldn't spend it all the first month of existence. You need to be smart with your funds and not find yourself having to borrow money in the next couple of months for future development.

It's about transparency . Being transparent is being honest. Since they are not being transparent it's safe to assume they are being dishonest ie. selling for BTC for their own pockets.

My main point is that it should not be the right of the dev to not disclose such info. The point it that the premine is PUBLIC funded money, not PRIVATE. So why are the funds being treated as a private bank account? What is there to hide?

Public money my ass. This is the wild west of cryptos bitch! There is no PUBLIC money. No one is entitled to jack shit here, this isn't mommy and daddy or the government. This shit is totally unregulated. Public funds he says. Oh my sides.

+1 lol, don't dream about "transparency", no single coin did that, it's to shoot himself in the foot and give enemies munitions, only stupids will do it.

It's to the best is to satisfy people's curiosity, basically everyone wants to know how much dev took for themselves, the worst will be endless complain about how greedy devs are and how badly the bounty spent, how stupid the dev team's vision, look at x coin, y coin how great they do, why not do this, why not do that, all these craps.

Come on guys, if you don't like it, don't mine or own it, or do your own coins.

this is exactly why I won't hold any of these altcoins long term. Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I love the reverse psychology in this thread  Roll Eyes
Activity: 195
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with the premine. If I was thinking long term to support my coin I wouldn't spend it all the first month of existence. You need to be smart with your funds and not find yourself having to borrow money in the next couple of months for future development.

It's about transparency . Being transparent is being honest. Since they are not being transparent it's safe to assume they are being dishonest ie. selling for BTC for their own pockets.

My main point is that it should not be the right of the dev to not disclose such info. The point it that the premine is PUBLIC funded money, not PRIVATE. So why are the funds being treated as a private bank account? What is there to hide?

Public money my ass. This is the wild west of cryptos bitch! There is no PUBLIC money. No one is entitled to jack shit here, this isn't mommy and daddy or the government. This shit is totally unregulated. Public funds he says. Oh my sides.

+1 lol, don't dream about "transparency", no single coin did that, it's to shoot himself in the foot and give enemies munitions, only stupids will do it.

It's to the best is to satisfy people's curiosity, basically everyone wants to know how much dev took for themselves, the worst will be endless complain about how greedy devs are and how badly the bounty spent, how stupid the dev team's vision, look at x coin, y coin how great they do, why not do this, why not do that, all these craps.

Come on guys, if you don't like it, don't mine or own it, or do your own coins.
Edit:  Now I'm having the same problem again.  Really slow, slowing everything else down, constant "Not responding" message, and doesn't reopen if I minimize it.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Sorry, no idea. I'll ask some people.

Thanks.  I'll keep playing around with it post any resolution.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Can you make a sticky post on the mintcointalk.com with a donation address for a USD/MINT market

These are just some ideas that modify your logos a little, I am not a graphic designer but I have some aesthetic sense.
I believe the font must be changed to something evoking more lightness that power. And since we are talking about removing the "coin" part also...

Someone to create a poll?
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
We need something like this:

Hi, this is my proposal enjoy.

VERY NICE Crindon, would you change the word Leaf to Mint?

oops, thought it was your artwork!
We need something like this:

Hi, this is my proposal enjoy.

VERY NICE Crindon, would you change the word Leaf to Mint?
Monero Core Team
Edit:  Now I'm having the same problem again.  Really slow, slowing everything else down, constant "Not responding" message, and doesn't reopen if I minimize it.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Sorry, no idea. I'll ask some people.
Hi everyone,

(cross-posted from http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=249.msg690#msg690 - http://www.mintcointalk.com/ should become more active, to give incentive to people to actually be in the mintcoin community)

The mintcoin logo could be much better. Here are some proposal. We need both you opinion and new logos

A fourth proposal (only consider the second line, not the logo). This one conveys a feeling of lightness and accessibility, which is, quite literally, refreshing (pun intended).

I need you to propose other logos. This is important for crypto adoption, since the logo is one of the things people will notice first!

Oh, one more thing: remember there is a bounty attached to it.

Thanks.

David, at a glance I can't read the word Mintcoin in any of the logos except the bottom one posted. Bottom one is simple and clean. Though possibly something a little fancier might be nicer. After focusing on the first logos, you understand the word is " Mintcoin ". But it's doesn't hit you immediately. I do like the first logo design with the word coming out of the coin. That being said, view-ability, as you point out, is paramount to a logos success. If I had a gun held to my head and had to choose one you've posted, simple and clean wins - bottom logo. But given time, top design with bottom logo font or something a little fancier.
Monero Core Team
the majority of people just pump and dump altcoins for a quick profit and move on to the next one. Not sure what I believe will happen once POW is over I hope the coin succeeds but only time will tell.
You are right. Majority of coins. Mintcoin has the potential for more but we have to fight against inertia. We are devoted to make it work and for this we need support. We have several merchants already, a great website, quite a community... but we also have tons of FUD.

The best way to fight FUD is to give example. Unfortunately, so far there is not such thing people can buy with the present value of mintcoin. We have to obtain trust for price to grow up and then attain the critical mass where stuff can actually be bought with mintcoins.
Monero Core Team
David,

The Contrast between Green and White is too much.

Fill in the background with silver/ light grey and the logo looks much better

I edited it with a couple ideas,

PM me your email address and I will send it to you
Thanks tokyo, I sent you a PM. But I think we must no make incremental change, we have to change the whole thing. Lightbulb was not invented by improving upon candlestick.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Do not forget about the giveaway that is running right now.

!!! Blog about Mintcoin Giveaway !!!
You can get 35 000 MINT

All info here : http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=242.msg601#msg601

Already more then 250k given away
Hard to say, without knowing for sure.
Jump to: