Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 726. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
after some time i guess trading crypto is a pretty risky business, they say only 10% of the traders win, this is something everyone should think about
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I don't want to cut my losses and bail at this point, and I don't want to be a bagholder if this ship goes down. Bought in at 40.

Such a sad time for investors  Cry Cry Cry

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Anyone else having wallet problems while minting?  Mine seems to be using a lot of resources and hangs quite a bit.  I even tried reinstalling.  Any ideas?

Edit:  I reinstalled with 1.4.  Works fine now.

Edit:  Now I'm having the same problem again.  Really slow, slowing everything else down, constant "Not responding" message, and doesn't reopen if I minimize it.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Well the main reason I got in the cryptocurrency market was because I want to earn some serieus money.
legendary
Activity: 812
I am 14 years old and I own around 10 million coins. Would you guys think that I should wait for a few weeks or just sell now and take my loss?

I personally would put those coins in a wallet and forget about them for a few weeks, at least they will be eligible for minting.

But, I can afford to lose money.

If you don't need the money, then why not just stash them away?  You will be earning interest on them soon.

I would not recommend cutting and running at this point!
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
I am 14 years old and I own around 10 million coins. Would you guys think that I should wait for a few weeks or just sell now and take my loss?

You hold until next Thursday then you make your decision
Activity: 826
legendary
Sold my mint at 50 the other day but think I may buy back in with these low prices. What to do what to do

Do you not believe in the coin or was this part of your plan? If you read the markets correctly then well done, but I can't see it going lower than it is now. Maybe by 5 satoshi or so, but not much lower than now.

Honestly? I don't know if it's possible to believe in an altcoin right now? I sold my MINT because I'm new to this whole cryptoworld and it was my first whole BTC lol so I couldnt resist selling. I mean we are all in this to make a profit correct? I do like the coin and I like how there's an active community behind it but from what I've seen in the cryptoworld is the majority of people just pump and dump altcoins for a quick profit and move on to the next one. Not sure what I believe will happen once POW is over I hope the coin succeeds but only time will tell.

That's awesome that you made a profit.  Congratulations. 

But you should be grateful to the community and reinvest some of your BTC in Mintcoin and tip some folks.

I guarantee you won't always have successful trades like that. 

I personally am in this to learn.  I have lost some money and made some money.  I don't make a living in altcoins so this is really just about having fun for me!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Sold my mint at 50 the other day but think I may buy back in with these low prices. What to do what to do

Do you not believe in the coin or was this part of your plan? If you read the markets correctly then well done, but I can't see it going lower than it is now. Maybe by 5 satoshi or so, but not much lower than now.

Honestly? I don't know if it's possible to believe in an altcoin right now? I sold my MINT because I'm new to this whole cryptoworld and it was my first whole BTC lol so I couldnt resist selling. I mean we are all in this to make a profit correct? I do like the coin and I like how there's an active community behind it but from what I've seen in the cryptoworld is the majority of people just pump and dump altcoins for a quick profit and move on to the next one. Not sure what I believe will happen once POW is over I hope the coin succeeds but only time will tell.

Another FUD haha I bought some more Mints @26

FUD?!? Please explain where there was any FUD in that post! I bought at 6sat and sold for 50. Sorry you didn't!
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
Now its mintcoin still too expensive to buy in and too cheap to sell. Bad price for everyone  Sad
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future

Another FUD haha I bought some more Mints @26
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

legendary
David,

The Contrast between Green and White is too much.

Fill in the background with silver/ light grey and the logo looks much better

I edited it with a couple ideas,

PM me your email address and I will send it to you
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Some people just want to watch the world dance.
Looks excellent Crindon Smiley Something like this for Mint, would be lovely.
Activity: 133
Merit: 11
We need something like this:

Hi, this is my proposal enjoy.

impressive, really like this!

I really like too! You need to change the word "Leafcoin" to "mintcoin" though
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Cany anyone list all the differences between this and peercoin?

Peercoin is a mixture of proof of work and proof of stake for mining. Mintcoin will be 100% proof of stake in less than two weeks now. Eventually one day Peercoin will switch over to 100% proof of stake, but no-one knows when... probably not for a long while.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I had a dream that there was a pump and Mintcoin gained tons of exposure and the price of Mintcoin had gone up to 3,000 satoshis on http://www.mintpal.com:

Buy Orders

Price (BTC)               Mint              BTC
0.0003299             65509028      21611.4283
0.0003101             91000000      28219.1000
0.0003000             99000000      29700.0000
0.0002999            120005289     35989.5861

We should not be targeting Merchants. We should be targeting Charities and Non-Profit Organizations. These are the ones that need money. They are more forward thinking when it comes to free money. Merchants are not as forward thinking. Merchants think more about profits and their balance sheets. Charities think about where to get more free resources.

Dogecoin rose because of this, among other things, but it was one of the big exposures that brought Dogecoin into public view, when the community supported the Jamaican Bobsled team.

We need to reach out to the charities in our local communities. We need to tell them about Mintcoin, just a quick email will do. Then we need to tell them how it can gain exposure for their charities and how we will make an effort to get our Mintcoin community to donate to them with Mintcoin. We can take this further by contacting the local news agencies to report on these charities and this growing cryptocurrency trend.

We need to target some green projects IMO since its a green coin
Activity: 332
Merit: 252
if you guys could team up with http://www.mint.com that would be like the golden ticket
Jump to: