Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 724. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with the premine. If I was thinking long term to support my coin I wouldn't spend it all the first month of existence. You need to be smart with your funds and not find yourself having to borrow money in the next couple of months for future development.

It's about transparency . Being transparent is being honest. Since they are not being transparent it's safe to assume they are being dishonest ie. selling for BTC for their own pockets.

My main point is that it should not be the right of the dev to not disclose such info. The point it that the premine is PUBLIC funded money, not PRIVATE. So why are the funds being treated as a private bank account? What is there to hide?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I'm not sure what the fuss is about with the premine. If I was thinking long term to support my coin I wouldn't spend it all the first month of existence. You need to be smart with your funds and not find yourself having to borrow money in the next couple of months for future development.

It's about transparency . Being transparent is being honest. Since they are not being transparent it's safe to assume they are being dishonest ie. selling for BTC for their own pockets.
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

The fuss is about being transparent with the funds ... and how much have they sold off already?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 168
three days later, no PoS for me. grrrr

edit: I suck, only two days. point is still the same though.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Those asking about minting I just got 110 coins from my first 10000 coins, which by calculations is correct. I had the wallet opened tho (no lag or anything on my 8 years old PC). The 10110 coins were put to stake part of the wallet till enough confirmations and then transferred back to normal balance.

Will report tomorrow how it goes when the wallet is closed.

Thanks.  Glad to know its working for you.  My lag didnt start til day 2.  Running it on an i7.

Edit:  Fidna try the bitch on another pc.  I'll post the 411.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Those asking about minting I just got 110 coins from my first 10000 coins, which by calculations is correct. I had the wallet opened tho (no lag or anything on my 8 years old PC). The 10110 coins were put to stake part of the wallet till enough confirmations and then transferred back to normal balance.

Will report tomorrow how it goes when the wallet is closed.
Activity: 350
Let's stop asking about the premine. They don't answer, so we can just accept the worst scenario. It won't affect much.
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
They will do it, just wait few days until all of them will be sold out  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
When do you guys think a mint-usd market is formed?

We can have it any time, this is just a question of price. If the community wants to pay to get it sooner, it's up to you guys!

How much? Lets see if we can get some donations going if it's not too costly.

We won't disclose the price, but if the community gives 5M Mint, we will happily pay for the rest. (This is at the current price, of course, if the price goes up, less is needed) Remember, we don't ask for anything regarding that, it's just up to you, and the more you give the faster it will happen, because we may choose to pay with less than that.

I know you guys are doing an awesome job at managing this coin but you guys premined for a reason right? Why don't just spend a measly 5 million out of your massive 700 million premine for such an important thing. Mintcoins would become independent from Bitcoin once we have a Mint/USD exchange. Try to explain why the community has to pay for this?

I have been posting repeatedly in this topic that the dev needs to give us a transparent list on what the pre-mined funds have been spent on.

So far only 1 million of the 699 million MINT has been accounted for.

I'm guessing since the dev says 5 million MINT is needed for a mint-usd market that most of that 699 MINT was dumped for BTC. I think that's a fair assumption.

hahaha, there's no logic in that, why would we be there if that was the case?
We just find the price asked is too much. Period.
We use the coins wisely, and we want to develop MintCoin on the long term. Period.

Then give us a list of what the pre-mined MINT have been spent on. Why is that so hard to do? Enough people have asked about it.
Activity: 112
Sold my mint at 50 the other day but think I may buy back in with these low prices. What to do what to do

Do you not believe in the coin or was this part of your plan? If you read the markets correctly then well done, but I can't see it going lower than it is now. Maybe by 5 satoshi or so, but not much lower than now.

Honestly? I don't know if it's possible to believe in an altcoin right now? I sold my MINT because I'm new to this whole cryptoworld and it was my first whole BTC lol so I couldnt resist selling. I mean we are all in this to make a profit correct? I do like the coin and I like how there's an active community behind it but from what I've seen in the cryptoworld is the majority of people just pump and dump altcoins for a quick profit and move on to the next one. Not sure what I believe will happen once POW is over I hope the coin succeeds but only time will tell.

Another FUD haha I bought some more Mints @26

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

We can have it any time, this is just a question of price. If the community wants to pay to get it sooner, it's up to you guys!

We won't disclose the price, but if the community gives 5M Mint, we will happily pay for the rest. (This is at the current price, of course, if the price goes up, less is needed) Remember, we don't ask for anything regarding that, it's just up to you, and the more you give the faster it will happen, because we may choose to pay with less than that.

I know you guys are doing an awesome job at managing this coin but you guys premined for a reason right? Why don't just spend a measly 5 million out of your massive 700 million premine for such an important thing. Mintcoins would become independent from Bitcoin once we have a Mint/USD exchange. Try to explain why the community has to pay for this?

I have been posting repeatedly in this topic that the dev needs to give us a transparent list on what the pre-mined funds have been spent on.

I'm guessing since the dev says 5 million MINT is needed for a mint-usd market that most of that 699 million MINT was dumped for BTC. I think that's a fair assumption.

No, the dev said that 5 million coins donate would help.

You are mis-reading what he wrote.  

Settle the fuck down
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

I'm guessing since the dev says 5 million MINT is needed for a mint-usd market that most of that 699 MINT was dumped for BTC. I think that's a fair assumption.

hahaha, there's no logic in that, why would we be there if that was the case?
We just find the price asked is too much. Period.
We use the coins wisely, and we want to develop MintCoin on the long term. Period.
Activity: 826

ill sell al of my coins immediatly if that were the case. It would be a great shame if such a great coin like this turns out to be a scamcoin.
Here's my problem:  Minting only works for me if my wallet is open.  I get new Mint every 20 min or so.  If I close the wallet for a day, I get nothing for the time it was off.  I thought the wallet could just be opened occasionally, but it doesn't work for me.

If the wallet is open, it runs really slow, constantly hangs, and makes my pc so slow I can't use it for anything else.  Apparently I'm the only person this is happening to.  It's probably something on my end.

Anyone else seeing this?  The wallet has worked fine since launch.  I've upgraded, uninstalled, re-installed.  This started when minting started.
And i keep wallet opened and unlocked all the time and no minted coins ever
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

I'm guessing since the dev says 5 million MINT is needed for a mint-usd market that most of that 699 million MINT was dumped for BTC. I think that's a fair assumption.
Here's my problem:  Minting only works for me if my wallet is open.  I get new Mint every 20 min or so.  If I close the wallet for a day, I get nothing for the time it was off.  I thought the wallet could just be opened occasionally, but it doesn't work for me.

If the wallet is open, it runs really slow, constantly hangs, and makes my pc so slow I can't use it for anything else.  Apparently I'm the only person this is happening to.  It's probably something on my end.

Anyone else seeing this?  The wallet has worked fine since launch.  I've upgraded, uninstalled, re-installed.  This started when minting started.

I have not experienced this yet, because I have not started minting.

Can you post your experiences also on the www.mintcointalk.com forums as well, this would be helpful to the devs

Yep, just posted it there.
Activity: 826

legendary

No offense, I am here since day one, but you've got the 700 million MINT premine exactly for things like this. To ask the community for 5 million is really strange. I know you have given a lot to the extended dev team and other people, but you refuse to tell us how much the people got and how much of the premine has been spent.

Given the fact that the 1% premine is effectively something around 3-5% premine if you consider minting/PoS, this is really shaking anyones trust in this coin.

Read with your finger, we don't ask for anything

Cheers

legendary

I have not experienced this yet, because I have not started minting.

Can you post your experiences also on the www.mintcointalk.com forums as well, this would be helpful to the devs
Jump to: