Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 772. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 272
Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K
Its time to Minting
Waiting to price goes up minimum 100-200 Satoshis + after that this coin is a good coin to play
What sort of hashrate are you guys getting?

I have r9 280x's and the hash is significantly lower than on doge or other scrypt?
Of course its less in mine too
1.5 Mhs of my single card is giving 1.2 in Mint
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
wasamata, its exactly like it says. incorrect password.

dear:
Who can donate some money to you.
MnNn9GWH5R3Akcpc9XaEGQ3RiL5jGphSW5
You mean to me or to you?
 Cheesy
Activity: 83
Merit: 100
dear:
Who can donate some money to you.
MnNn9GWH5R3Akcpc9XaEGQ3RiL5jGphSW5
Activity: 210
Can anyone see if they can solve this I would be appreciative.

1. I downloaded wallet.
2. sent mintcoins my wallet.
3. encrypted wallet
4. put that code in the console walletpassphrase true

That locked my wallet.

Now my wallet is permanently locked.
I cannot unlock it, I cannot change my passphrase, and obviously, I cannot send coins
And when i put that code back in the console I get:

Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect. (code -14)

What is this?

Same as any other scrypt. Your problem is not algorithm difference. Problem is somewhere else.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
I have sapphire Dual0x 280x x 3 and I was also wondering what hash rate and WU I should expect to be normal Also what kh/s / WU is a good ratio

I have one card that spits out a kh/s 720 ish and a WU of 780ish.... in my very limited understanding that doesn't seem right
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
What sort of hashrate are you guys getting?

I have r9 280x's and the hash is significantly lower than on doge or other scrypt?
Activity: 325
Merit: 250
Can I ask about status of my proposal from 2 weeks ago about cooperation with Linux Mint devs to receive donations Smiley? Now they are receiving in BTC but it could be nice to have mints.

Hi koprobo,

they have been contacted, but never replied...
Activity: 562
Merit: 509
Hey guys!! I'm new to the whole cryptocurrency concept but after reading and going through some coins i don't know but i think you guys might have something here with Mint Coin. I know it was probably answered 1000 times but can i mine with a normal I5, ATI Radeon 6850?

I've been reading this topic for some days now and i like how passionate you guys are about this coin. This is one of the reasons i think it will grow bigger because you seem willing to do whatever it costs to make it mainstream!

I hope that you will decide to change the logo because it doesn't stand out nor it looks that good.

Anyway thanks for your commitment and i will be sure to try and spread the word as much as possible.

Also if you are willing to spread some love on me here is my wallet address MkXfFjqWbAF8n4Y7ZyWh5yxYRmgpkhNBQt . I won't mind if you guys decide not to send me Smiley)

Yes you can mine Mintcoins with a ATI Radeon 6850. Smiley
You can find a tutorial on how to mine Mintcoins (and other scrypt-based coins) here: http://www.minedogecoin.com/getting-such-dogecoin-a-basic-guide-to-gpu-mining-with-cgminer/
Also make sure you have installed the latest Catalyst and SDK drivers for your graphics card. You can find a list of mintcoin pools in the first post of this thread. Also I've tipped you some Mintcoins Smiley welcome to the cryptoworld
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hey guys!! I'm new to the whole cryptocurrency concept but after reading and going through some coins i don't know but i think you guys might have something here with Mint Coin. I know it was probably answered 1000 times but can i mine with a normal I5, ATI Radeon 6850?

I've been reading this topic for some days now and i like how passionate you guys are about this coin. This is one of the reasons i think it will grow bigger because you seem willing to do whatever it costs to make it mainstream!

I hope that you will decide to change the logo because it doesn't stand out nor it looks that good.

Anyway thanks for your commitment and i will be sure to try and spread the word as much as possible.

Also if you are willing to spread some love on me here is my wallet address MkXfFjqWbAF8n4Y7ZyWh5yxYRmgpkhNBQt . I won't mind if you guys decide not to send me Smiley)
Activity: 336
Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

I had no problems getting my coins of the old server.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Are you in team or are you just another speculator?
Not in team but we're welcoming new people! PM for list of positions available.
Activity: 154
-> Come on to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com!

To get plenty of fresh MintCoins, just point your miners to:
Stratum: stratum+tcp://mnt.coins4everyone.com
Port: 3445
Algorithm: scrypt
Username: Weblogin.Worker
Password: Worker Password
and then relax... We take care of the rest!

Benefits of Mining @ coins4everyone.com:
* based in Europe
* incredible uptime
* dedicated servers w/redundancy, DDoS protection
* only 1% fee
* pplns
* nice & caring support
* trustworthy & skilled admins

Come on, we need more hash power, point your miners to http://mnt.coins4everyone.com and let’s spread hashrate! ;-)
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Okay Guys - Mint has been very good to me with day trading the past few days and I made a bunch of BTC as I exchanged it out right away and move to my wallet.   With a chunk of the profits for the past few days, I bought the domain www.mintcoin.com
 I won't have control of it for about 7-10 days but, never the less, we have it and can put it to good use.   Being that the dev team is scarce around here, I figure I will post here to help out with getting thing rolling.   Ideas, who to contact, what to do with it, etc??
I am on the extended dev team. I will PM.
Activity: 154
Why is mint holding steady while BTC crashes?

Even though trade volume nearly halved?
'

Mint is traded in BTC so it crashed with it.

I wouldn't call 40 satoshi a crash. More like a correction.

Was expecting 20 sat prices after mtgox tbh.

What are your predictions on the price in a few days?

Why were you expecting that? BTC is going down in flames, mint pow phase is ending. I'd rather have mint than BTC.

Are you a fucking idiot? Mt. Gox is going down and has been, they are being bought out.
Have a peek at Coinbase prices, they are 534.00 USD per BTC as are other BTC exchanges.

I remember when I first heard of BTC it was 10 cents per Bitcoin.

Mint will not replace BTC, without BTC Alt currency is worthless.

You can't say that like it's a fact, it is unlikely but nobody knows what will replace Bitcoin if anything.

No, it is a fact. MINT is directly tied to bitcoin. Until MINT gets it's own usd-to-mint exchange, it cannot "replace" bitcoin.

I'm pretty sure you can trade USD for RMB and RMB for MINT. So yes Bitcoin is not needed.

I think you need a bit more time and experience within the Crypto currency world.  Roll Eyes

some exchanges allow to trade doge/usd or doge/€ without using bitcoin;
you can trade doge/other altcoins on the many exchanges without using bitcoin either.

that very same option might happen to MINT but for that, it must continue to take importance (meaning people bying).
and you must give it some time. the pow-to-pos transition is quite original comparing to many other alcoins, we'll see how mintcoin live it.

but no, bitcoin is not a necessary to the crypto currencies to exist; in my opinion it could be easily replaced.
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager

About automint. This could probably be integrated in qt client and not as a separate application..?

About Testnet. Did you only shorten the periods or did you do more changes? Theres no way to fully simulate PoS+PoW progress with testnet unless you have same parameters and same hash power as in real. Im sure you know that. You can only test if the variables change as they are meant to be.

About Merchant Social Lobby. This is good idea. I like it a lot.

About new wallet look (screenshot posted earlier). I dont fancy the round corners very much. Also the green overlay should be bit darker?  However im not sure how many will agree with me.

Automint. Yes it is to be integrated into qt client.

Testnet. I asked a similar question this morning (to the protocol consultant) and am waiting on a response. I will answer that better with a correct response once I hear back.

New Wallet. Don't worry we were not 100% happy with that design either. We are reworking that last look, also the logo looked out of place on that wallet. You'll see the new design later today as I'll post it up here.
Mikellev, stop. You are getting annoying. Spamming this on each page will create contradictive feelings about your service.
Thank you.
Activity: 308

And the blocks keep coming ! In such a nice est. share % Wink

mint.poolerino.com - 0% Fee - nothing less.
@Bulldog_Duke, good news for the .com (pm sent).

Main Development Updates:

Merchant Social Lobby

Building is well underway for a website that is largely based on kickstarter. We will select a number of merchants and you'll be able to vote with your MINT to purchase products from the merchants website. Once we have a certain number of MINT voters, we will present the information to the merchant and say something along the lines of; right now there are x amount of people willing to spend x amount of Mintcoin on your products / services - this presents x value in $, do you want this business?

Mintcoin Website

SEO optimisations and search engine submissions are being made to increase organic traffic. Banners for advertising are also being designed.
Cloudfare was introduced yesterday with the aim to improve loading times and it seems to be doing the job.

Protocol

Testnet has been built (new genesis block for this purpose) and we are putting the PoS through it's paces. We are trying to stay one step ahead and diagnose / fix bugs before they happen!

Wallets

Newly designed wallet is on it's way. There are extra features being included in the wallet itself such as hyperlinks to the main website or forums. We will add as much cools stuff to the wallet as we can, one step at a time.

Automint

This is also in development. The idea is a kind of wrapper for minting with the wallet. Its purpose is to let you mint occasionally without the hassle of -under Windows- open a dos prompt, going to exe folder, type in the unlock command+passphrase to unlock wallet. I know you can just open the console in the wallet, but you still have to type in the command and passphrase. The goal is: AutoMint=no hassle. You launch it, indicate path to wallet and type in your passphrase only once at the first launch, then it is stored encrypted and no longer have to type it in. Option to set an unlock time, then autoclose.

All these things and many more are being worked on right now.

About automint. This could probably be integrated in qt client and not as a separate application..?

About Testnet. Did you only shorten the periods or did you do more changes? Theres no way to fully simulate PoS+PoW progress with testnet unless you have same parameters and same hash power as in real. Im sure you know that. You can only test if the variables change as they are meant to be.

About Merchant Social Lobby. This is good idea. I like it a lot.

About new wallet look (screenshot posted earlier). I dont fancy the round corners very much. Also the green overlay should be bit darker?  However im not sure how many will agree with me.
Jump to: