Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 768. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
For everyone having doubts if the POS intrest thing actually works i just noticed  a POS block when looking in the block explorer.
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/block/3679766561ec99bfe8ab2be6c64ba94b91c14424283b8d9162be849a6c261eb0

All blocks with difficulty 0 are POS blocks
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin

Let the minting begin

Nice, everyone's talking about features. Well this, POS, is a great feature! Just watch upcoming coins and see how many new ones will follow with a PoW ending in a PoS. (then come back and send me mintcoins  Wink )
Activity: 336
For everyone having doubts if the POS intrest thing actually works i just noticed  a POS block when looking in the block explorer.
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/block/3679766561ec99bfe8ab2be6c64ba94b91c14424283b8d9162be849a6c261eb0

All blocks with difficulty 0 are POS blocks
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin

Let the minting begin
Activity: 424
I haven't updated my windows wallet since launch.  Is the new one only for those with syncing issues?  Mine is working fine right now but I'm curious if there were other additions in the wallet.

Cheers
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Hello to the community,

We are looking for translators for mintcoin.cc. Please PM me for application.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
"If they are held on an exchange, the exchange gets the interest."

Well, that sucks ..

That would be the same as my stock broker getting my dividends
rather than crediting them to my account ..

I don't see why an exchange shouldn't be required to pass thru
any income earned by their client's coin holdings ..

They're just functioning as an 'agent' correct ??

Triff ..

No. The exchange does not get the interest. When you mint your coins they are staked down for a period of time making them illiquid, so exchanges could not do this without risking delaying withdrawals.

There is still a lot more volume right now than this time last week. This is just the calm before the storm.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
"If they are held on an exchange, the exchange gets the interest."

Well, that sucks ..

That would be the same as my stock broker getting my dividends
rather than crediting them to my account ..

I don't see why an exchange shouldn't be required to pass thru
any income earned by their client's coin holdings ..

They're just functioning as an 'agent' correct ??

Triff ..

No. The exchange does not get the interest. When you mint your coins they are staked down for a period of time making them illiquid, so exchanges could not do this without risking delaying withdrawals.
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
Iam thinking of this coin for a couple of days.

It this right?:
I think the coin is only / the most interesting for the early adopters or miners.
The biggest shares are divided in the first weeks...

Exactly like any other coin. With which coin do you get more from mining as time and difficulty increases?

Exactly none.

I'll make a Tulipcoin. The block reward halves every 10k blocks for the first 100000 blocks and then doubles every 10k blocks for the next 100000 blocks.

that's a good idea! get at me! Smiley
Activity: 770
Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

DO NOT MINE ON ANY HASH RAPIDS POOL. THEY WILL FUCK YOU OVER AND THEY NEVER REPLY TO SUPPORT EMAILS. THEY USED THE WALLET UPGRADE EXCUSE AND ENDED UP WITH OVER 9K OF MY MINT AS WELL AS OTHERS MINT.

And yes I checked the other ip they listed to only see 1k of my already confirmed 10K Mint when they where having issues.

And these types of things are what Gov's/Banks will use to implement Crypto-Regs - thus destroying the crypto-market , if they can (for everyone but themselves). Unfortunately they have been dumbing down, and removing all sense of personal responsibility from the sheeple for decades now. To the extent where average people think someone else needs to take care of things for them. I know people in here are generally more informed than your average John Q./Suzie Q. Public, but, for anyone just getting into this, please be insanely cautious with whom you deal. This is one of the last unregulated markets there is. We do not want this to go away. If you get screwed - you are screwed. Know that now, and take precautions. This is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility. It's on you. Be careful, and stay free.

Don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I really did feel the need, so I went with it.

Peace!
Fuck the Fed the Government all the greedy asshat Corporations and the politicians who are fed money to create laws in favor of protecting & benefiting them.

They can never regulate open source.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

DO NOT MINE ON ANY HASH RAPIDS POOL. THEY WILL FUCK YOU OVER AND THEY NEVER REPLY TO SUPPORT EMAILS. THEY USED THE WALLET UPGRADE EXCUSE AND ENDED UP WITH OVER 9K OF MY MINT AS WELL AS OTHERS MINT.

And yes I checked the other ip they listed to only see 1k of my already confirmed 10K Mint when they where having issues.

The pool is perfectly fine.   The previous wallet had serious issues, and it is very known.  Just search in the thread, prior to 1.3 many pools experienced CORRUPT blkindex files.  

So contact me here if you have an issue with a private message.

What happened to my 9k mint coins, and why not reply to support emails? I will link you to the thread insinuating the pool is scamming people as I am not the only one that had missing coins, and yes they were all confirmed.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hashrapidcom-pool-scam-carbon-coin-475035
Same thing for me with Hashrapid. I had 31000coins on the old server that never reached my wallet after I cashed them out on the old server.
I just sent an email to them for clarification. I'll post again with an update on that, good or bad.

I switched to HashStrike because of problems I was having with HashRapid about a week ago. Haven't had a problems since.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

It this right?:
I think the coin is only / the most interesting for the early adopters or miners.

Exactly like any other coin. With which coin do you get more from mining as time and difficulty increases?

Exactly none.

I'll make a Tulipcoin. The block reward halves every 10k blocks for the first 100000 blocks and then doubles every 10k blocks for the next 100000 blocks.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

The pool is perfectly fine.   The previous wallet had serious issues, and it is very known.  Just search in the thread, prior to 1.3 many pools experienced CORRUPT blkindex files.  

What happened to my 9k mint coins, and why not reply to support emails? I will link you to the thread insinuating the pool is scamming people as I am not the only one that had missing coins, and yes they were all confirmed.

Same thing for me with Hashrapid. I had 31000coins on the old server that never reached my wallet after I cashed them out on the old server.
I just sent an email to them for clarification. I'll post again with an update on that, good or bad.
Activity: 308
Proud to announce:

9 Stratums available for MINT mining with us (load balanced):

EU STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://mint.poolerino.com:3348
US STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://mint-us.poolerino.com:3348
ASIA STRATUM:   stratum+tcp://mint-asia.poolerino.com:3348

mint.poolerino.com - register now! 0% fee - nothing less.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

It this right?:

Exactly none.

And yes I checked the other ip they listed to only see 1k of my already confirmed 10K Mint when they were having issues.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pool-minthashrapidcom-didt-send-me-my-coins-487892
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
why do people use decimels (.) when they should be using commas (,) !!!

one of the most annoying things about this site, and this community in general... is it a regional thing? what country teaches that 10.000 is ten thousand, and not 10 with digits after the decimal... 10.0001 is ten point 0 0 0 1, not ten thousand and one....

ARAGHAHGAHEGAHEFAHWDHQAWHAHAHGAHGHAHGAHHAHAHAHASAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGG GGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yes regional, most furiners use opposite notition from real mericans.
did anyone sucessfully unlocked the wallet for minting? I've tryed all sort of commands nad nothing works...

Wow! Again? If you added a passphrase encryption then you have to unlock the wallet for the PoS to generate. If you did not fuck with the wallet sit back and enjoy by keeping the mint baking in the wallet.

Reading the OP and the FAQ to better understand the coin you are mining and or holding.
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

And these types of things are what Gov's/Banks will use to implement Crypto-Regs - thus destroying the crypto-market , if they can (for everyone but themselves). Unfortunately they have been dumbing down, and removing all sense of personal responsibility from the sheeple for decades now. To the extent where average people think someone else needs to take care of things for them. I know people in here are generally more informed than your average John Q./Suzie Q. Public, but, for anyone just getting into this, please be insanely cautious with whom you deal. This is one of the last unregulated markets there is. We do not want this to go away. If you get screwed - you are screwed. Know that now, and take precautions. This is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility. It's on you. Be careful, and stay free.

Don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I really did feel the need, so I went with it.

Peace!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Check out the forums if you have not already - mintcointalk.com.

Halving tomorrow Smiley, expect prices to rise.
Approximately at what time, do you know?

mintcoin.cc
Activity: 1036
Merit: 606
Check out the forums if you have not already - mintcointalk.com.

Halving tomorrow Smiley, expect prices to rise.
Approximately at what time, do you know?
Activity: 93
Merit: 10

It this right?:

Jump to: