Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 778. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Day trading aside, what do you think should be about normal volume level for MINT right now? 200-300 BTC worth?

Sounds about right
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Day trading aside, what do you think should be about normal volume level for MINT right now? 200-300 BTC worth?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Evengelist
So much FUD right now. Makes me want to buy  Cheesy

One guy trolling is considered FUD now? lol.

Honestly things are looking weird. Trade volume has gone from 2300 fucking BTC to 800...and steadily dropping. Wonder what will happen?

people are holding their positions for minting

no pump
no dump

Yep can't wait for minting to start. Low cpu use too, while the gpus can continue to mine anything else that's interesting.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Honestly things are looking weird. Trade volume has gone from 2300 fucking BTC to 800...and steadily dropping. Wonder what will happen?

I keep saying that you guys crack me up.  Here is an example. You just looked at Mintpal and made that statement.  What else happened in the past 24 hours that may have had an effect on this?  Did some of the Mintpal trade volume move to another exchange?  Did Cryptsy go live?  Did you even think before you posted this?  While your post is not meant to be negative, it is a very negative post and made with very little thought on your part.   If nothing I just said makes sense, then you need to stop posting.

I obviously took into account other exchanges that opened up.

Did you think about what you said, prior to making condescending quips? Moving from Mintpal to Crypsty? That's like moving from Amsterdam to Auschwitz. No one in their right mind made that transition. BTer is a non-factor. No, what is happening is that the pump is over and we will see a sharp decrease to the 20-30 range, fueled additionally by multipools dumping MINT all over your aspirations of extending this lil bubble further.

I like the hypocrisy in this thread though. Say it'll reach 100 satoshi and you are revered. Be realistic and predict a normal target and you get labeled a troll. Hilarious.

Anyone thinking a 7 fold increase in price overnight can be sustained because m-muh PoW interest is delusional.

You have no clue what people do!  I will educate you, if that is possible.   The high volume was largely due to the volatility..... DAY TRADING.  It has been very stable at 40-41 satoshi for 16 hours now.  This means that the orders above and below this level will not trade and day traders will trade anothe coin.  I made 100 BTC of trades yesterday alone between 30 and 40 satoshi.  Today I did only 5 BTC due to the narrow range of movement.  Again, if you do not understand, go away!  This is not a game for children who have no clue.  And FYI, the 100 BTC yesterday was the same 5BTC bought and sold 10 times each way for a net 20% return on the day.   Simple fundamental analysis and years of day trading stocks.  Do yourself a huge favor and do not respond and embarrass yourself yet again.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
I've run out popcorn reading this thread so I'll go for a nice relaxing poo instead

Please continue

Isnt therea better way to spend your time?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I keep saying that you guys crack me up.  Here is an example. You just looked at Mintpal and made that statement.  What else happened in the past 24 hours that may have had an effect on this?  Did some of the Mintpal trade volume move to another exchange?  Did Cryptsy go live?  Did you even think before you posted this?  While your post is not meant to be negative, it is a very negative post and made with very little thought on your part.   If nothing I just said makes sense, then you need to stop posting.

Did you think about what you said, prior to making condescending quips? Moving from Mintpal to Crypsty? That's like moving from Amsterdam to Auschwitz. No one in their right mind made that transition. BTer is a non-factor. No, what is happening is that the pump is over and we will see a sharp decrease to the 20-30 range, fueled additionally by multipools dumping MINT all over your aspirations of extending this lil bubble further.

I like the hypocrisy in this thread though. Say it'll reach 100 satoshi and you are revered. Be realistic and predict a normal target and you get labeled a troll. Hilarious.

Anyone thinking a 7 fold increase in price overnight can be sustained because m-muh PoW interest is delusional.

Welcome to the team!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
I've run out popcorn reading this thread so I'll go for a nice relaxing poo instead

Please continue
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

The pump ended long ago and the correction was from 60 to 25, the block reward halves again soon so the price should increase again. Doge shot up 20x and sustained at 10x.. It's not unheard of. 100 is unlikely overnight but in a few weeks? I say it's fairly reasonable.
Activity: 364
more trolling, more FUD
Activity: 420

I keep saying that you guys crack me up.  Here is an example. You just looked at Mintpal and made that statement.  What else happened in the past 24 hours that may have had an effect on this?  Did some of the Mintpal trade volume move to another exchange?  Did Cryptsy go live?  Did you even think before you posted this?  While your post is not meant to be negative, it is a very negative post and made with very little thought on your part.   If nothing I just said makes sense, then you need to stop posting.

Exactly, MINT got added to new exchanges in the last day or so, so it is bound to have taken some of the volume from mintpal.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I keep saying that you guys crack me up.  Here is an example. You just looked at Mintpal and made that statement.  What else happened in the past 24 hours that may have had an effect on this?  Did some of the Mintpal trade volume move to another exchange?  Did Cryptsy go live?  Did you even think before you posted this?  While your post is not meant to be negative, it is a very negative post and made with very little thought on your part.   If nothing I just said makes sense, then you need to stop posting.

people are holding their positions for minting

no pump
no dump
Activity: 420

http://tuckfheman.com/post/77855087228/nxt-users-be-aware

RIP NXT, Mintcoin has done it better than you.

So can you explain how Mintcoin is better than NXT since we wuld all like to know... both are fully POS coins but NXT offers transparant forging, instant messaging and DNS address etc and more... its a different codebase but mint is based off of bitcoin codebase.... what does mintcoin do better than nxt? Does mintcoin even have secret phasephrase protection that you refer to cause NXT to go RIP? I dont expect you to answer this since it's probably out of your realm, but someone feel free to offer their analysis.

NXT is not decentralized and forging is useless for most investors so no reason to support network, except to not be charged NXT for not supporting it.

LOSE/LOSE for everyone but a few

How is it centralized?? Why does it
need to be? What feature makes it centralized that mint doesnt have? Doesnt sound convincing.  Why isnt forging useful for point of sale? Even 30 second block time is too long especially if confirmation is 6 blocks min...

Not really interested in talking about NXT. If you think you can make a profit from forging NXT go for it.

Just trying to understand not buy it

I recommend reading the NXT wiki in it's entirity before you buy in. I read it afterward.

I don't think NXT is a bad deal, just saying understand what the project is doing before you get involved. It's not oriented around people making passive income from forging. They want users to build services etc for their protocol.
legendary

So can you explain how Mintcoin is better than NXT since we wuld all like to know... both are fully POS coins but NXT offers transparant forging, instant messaging and DNS address etc and more... its a different codebase but mint is based off of bitcoin codebase.... what does mintcoin do better than nxt? Does mintcoin even have secret phasephrase protection that you refer to cause NXT to go RIP? I dont expect you to answer this since it's probably out of your realm, but someone feel free to offer their analysis.

NXT is not decentralized and forging is useless for most investors so no reason to support network, except to not be charged NXT for not supporting it.

need to be? What feature makes it centralized that mint doesnt have? Doesnt sound convincing.  Why isnt forging useful for point of sale? Even 30 second block time is too long especially if confirmation is 6 blocks min...

Not really interested in talking about NXT. If you think you can make a profit from forging NXT go for it.

Just trying to understand not buy it seems like there are many misconceptions that can be cleared up by someone who knows inner workings and can contrast objectively instead of subjectively...

need to be? What feature makes it centralized that mint doesnt have? Doesnt sound convincing.  Why isnt forging useful for point of sale? Even 30 second block time is too long especially if confirmation is 6 blocks min...

Activity: 770
Just stop replying to Gingermod and click the ignore button by his stats.
legendary

Jump to: