Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 781. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
http://tuckfheman.com/post/77855087228/nxt-users-be-aware

RIP NXT, Mintcoin has done it better than you.

So can you explain how Mintcoin is better than NXT since we wuld all like to know... both are fully POS coins but NXT offers transparant forging, instant messaging and DNS address etc and more... its a different codebase but mint is based off of bitcoin codebase.... what does mintcoin do better than nxt? Does mintcoin even have secret phasephrase protection that you refer to cause NXT to go RIP? I dont expect you to answer this since it's probably out of your realm, but someone feel free to offer their analysis.

NXT is not decentralized and forging is useless for most investors so no reason to support network, except to not be charged NXT for not supporting it.

LOSE/LOSE for everyone but a few

Sounds like this Mintcoin 5 week mining period

MINT is waay more evenly distributed. At the very least, that means it passes NXT.

Yeah, that guy doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm not debating Mintcoin over NXT. Regardless of the denial you feed on, a 5 week mining period with insane block reward deflation is ridiculous. However, it is great for huge pumping and dumping, pretty damn sure we're in the former because another clone of Peercoin does not need to be valued this high.

Do you really want a coin where
1. You have a very limited window to earn Mint
2. You're encouraged to hold(that lack of economic stimulation)
3. And if you have more Mint you will make more Mint through the shitty PoS algo

Seems very fair, well distributed, and economically sound to me guys. Take a second to put your feelings aside and review the facts.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
So do you think the price will go up when the POS will start?

Or it's better to sell before the POS?

No, you need to hold this coin as it pays 20% interest for first year. That's minting.

So can you explain how Mintcoin is better than NXT since we wuld all like to know... both are fully POS coins but NXT offers transparant forging, instant messaging and DNS address etc and more... its a different codebase but mint is based off of bitcoin codebase.... what does mintcoin do better than nxt? Does mintcoin even have secret phasephrase protection that you refer to cause NXT to go RIP? I dont expect you to answer this since it's probably out of your realm, but someone feel free to offer their analysis.

NXT is not decentralized and forging is useless for most investors so no reason to support network, except to not be charged NXT for not supporting it.

MINT is waay more evenly distributed. At the very least, that means it passes NXT.

Yeah, that guy doesn't make any sense at all.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
So after the PoW phase, (3 weeks) then block reward is only 1 coin.  And then all PoS minting.  But to mint PoS you only need to turn on your wallet once every 20 days.  So who will be running the block chain (securing transactions) after PoW phase?

this is what i was wondering too.
i assume its still PoW from miners, but with no one mining (or very few) it would be very easy to 51%.

someone please correct if I'm wrong

PoS takes over as the dominant mining process, and as coins age at from the point they were mined, someone will always be minting somewhere to generate new network blocks. To 51% attack with PoS you'd need to hold 51% or more of all Mint,

False.

This is not true. Similar to PoW
That's a false statement. Proof-of-Stake isn't similar to Proof-of-Work because it's cost-free. Unlike Proof-of-Work, you can retry attack attempts multiple times using the same coins.

that’s subject to a 51% attack, the PoS will need to hold 51% coins in order to be able to attack the coin. But holding 51% and then attacking your own coin normally is not in your interests.
You don't need 51% of coins to perform a successful attack. You only need less than 15% of active weight here.

Code:
ATTEMPTS = 1 / STAKE ^ CONFIRMATIONS

If you have 25% of active weight then you need ~256 attempts;
If you have 15% of active weight then you need ~1975 attempts;
If you have 10% of active weight then you need ~10000 attempts.

Note that active weight has no direct relation with total supply. It's calculated as (volume * timeweight) for coins participating in the network protection. E.g. if there are only 50% of coins @ maximum timeweight used for stake generation,  then you need ~7.5% of total coins volume in order to perform double-spend attack for the reasonable time.

Please elaborate for us newbs, for example what is active weight? Or timeweight?
Coins participating in the network protection = mining plus opened wallets?
So when PoW is "done", there will be 20 billion coins total. 7.5% of that would be 1.5 billion. That would be enough to successfully doublespend? Still big but not impossible numbers.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
where are you trading?
I'm using BTER and have all my coins there.
Use my referral to get 10% off discount on all your trading fees for 6 months.

https://bter.com/signup/123782

Use Mintpal.  Cheaper, and more volume.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
So do you think the price will go up when the POS will start?

Or it's better to sell before the POS?

Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

NXT was a scam from the start and this proves it. Plenty of videos/forum comments calling this a scam.

RIP NXT.

It's a good protocol, but they won't be getting much support for their network because forging is useless for most users. That is a fatal weakness imho.

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
do you you currently own this domain?

lol

U know he does  Cool but he's still right the dev needs to buy that domain do something usefull with the premine

Best giving the cash to charity and having a . something else
Activity: 332
Merit: 252
Is there a graph anywhere showing the price of MintCoin kind of like BitcoinWisdom.com?

WTS mintcoinwisdom.com for 6k USD

speaking of domains, mintcoin.com seems to be for sale for $6500 ...
Activity: 238

Activity: 332
Merit: 252
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Activity: 210
I have never seen before a crypto so steady after a rise from 7 to 63 satoshis...! Mint is the new Bitcoin, admit it. Everything has just been so smooth.

Don't jinx it  Wink
Activity: 429
I'm still in Mint for the long haul.
I'm sure I'm not the only one  Wink
Activity: 172
where are you trading?
I'm using BTER and have all my coins there.
Use my referral to get 10% off discount on all your trading fees for 6 months.

https://bter.com/signup/123782
Activity: 210
Just found mint and thought i'd give it a try, any suggestions on the best pool?

I would use miningpool.co. I don't have any scrypt hardware, but the pools work nice for my asic and they have Mint. Also it's pay for share, and show's your percentage of block reward after 1 confirm. It's slick.
Activity: 196

http://mnt.allpoolz.com
- Always 0% mining fees!
- Miner Notifications
- Port 3333 mining
- VARDIFF
- Stratum
- DDoS Protection
- Database off-loading (faster more reliable)
- Email support
- US Server

We are making our way towards a 200MH/s push.  Join the fun!
Jump to: