Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 784. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1120
@The owner of mnt.ALLPOOLZ.COM

Can you change or modify the token whitdrawal system.

I, for the life of me, cannot get the coins whitdrawed because every option is darkened - tried everything it's a dead end road. I cannot "Unlock" nor the Automatic Payment option nor the Manual Payment.

(I am aware of the "Spam folder" emails, but that's not the issue here)
Activity: 171
Some people just want to watch the world dance.
So I think if say 10 years from now there is alot of transfering of coins through trading or spent by sending to businesses etc then the amount of coins growing that year may be less than 5% because of the 20 day delay after each transaction. The max growth would be 5% per year but in reality it would be much much lower as this is assumign there are no transactions and everyone is HODLING?

I think I got it right. Anyone?

That sounds perfectly logical to me. I would say you are correct.

well shit.

The question I posted a couple pages back about the block explorer not showing me the right balance in my wallet has me worried I wont get credit for the last 18 days some have been sitting there.
I've held some since the 7th, never transferred them out, block claims I did, but they are still there.

PoS is confusing.

Can we verify coin age via the wallet somehow?

That's actually a great idea! But in order to do that we would need to know the status of each coin I think in terms of age... if this is already stored in the blockchain through POS then it is possible to simply add the GUI hook to show the age... but im guesing its not as thats why its not done, probably not easy to do..blockchain bloat et al. I think long term that would be nice to have so users will know the status of their coins (investments).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a wallet upgrade after the minting starts, with some new features. There's a lot of scope for community developed tools for providing information such as this (coin age etc). The POS stuff sets Mintcoin apart and it's certainly something I'm excited about following.
Activity: 686

This is really looking good for MINT
awe i was hoping itd stick alot longer for $1mil liquidity
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Whoever is making MINT in MINT better buy the domain.  First person to cash out with profits of $6500 has to buy the domain name:  http://www.afternic.com/domain/mintcoin.com

It looks like that domain is no longer available for sale   http://www.afternic.com/domain/mintcoin.com

Hmmm.  Posted here a few hours ago and now gone.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

This is really looking good for MINT
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
So I think if say 10 years from now there is alot of transfering of coins through trading or spent by sending to businesses etc then the amount of coins growing that year may be less than 5% because of the 20 day delay after each transaction. The max growth would be 5% per year but in reality it would be much much lower as this is assumign there are no transactions and everyone is HODLING?

well shit.

The question I posted a couple pages back about the block explorer not showing me the right balance in my wallet has me worried I wont get credit for the last 18 days some have been sitting there.
I've held some since the 7th, never transferred them out, block claims I did, but they are still there.

PoS is confusing.

That's actually a great idea! But in order to do that we would need to know the status of each coin I think in terms of age... if this is already stored in the blockchain through POS then it is possible to simply add the GUI hook to show the age... but im guesing its not as thats why its not done, probably not easy to do..blockchain bloat et al. I think long term that would be nice to have so users will know the status of their coins (investments).
My wallet won't sync.  Any ideas?
But you stated "Mint will not replace BTC" which is an opinion, not a fact. It's unlikely sure but nobody knows the future in the crypto game. We're all waiting for Bitcoin 2.0 to come along, hopefully will be on that train.

Well, hopefully DOGE or MINT are BTC 2.0. Too much saturation in the market for anything new to come along anytime in the coming months, imo.

Seriously guys?  SERIOUSLY?   If you are really looking for BTC 2.0, it is going to come from Johns Hopkins in the form of Zerocoin!  

http://zerocoin.org/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2014/01/13/bitcoin-anonymity-upgrade-zerocoin-to-become-its-own-cryptocurrency/

That is the real deal right there that is more anonymous and done correctly.... that is the train guys.  
Activity: 168

well shit.

PoS is confusing.

legendary
Activity: 1484
a smart question ? i must deposit wallet and next unlock it or  unlock next deposit ?or not important ?
What are you asking about? Your smart question seems so confusing or i must be so dumb to understand it  Grin
Activity: 672
Banned: For Your Protection

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
QUESTIONS TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS (no guessing please)

1.  If I mined 10 million coins in first few days and intend to keep them for the POS minting, but I have also mined more since then, how does the wallet know which coins I transfer out to sell?  Does it take first in /first out or how does it really know? My guess is that there is no possible way and this is a major hiccup in the code.

2.  If it pays POS before mining is complete (down to 1 coin per block) how does it know if coins have already been paid the POS or not?   If I buy 1 million from someone who got their POS payment, those have been paid the first payment.  But if I am still mining 1 million also, how does the system know which coins are new and which are old?  Another serious flaw I am thinking.  Uless the POS starts after the reward drops to 1 coin.  

I realize everyone here is a genious and has their belief, but I want an accurate answer as the answer is very importnat and depending on it, there is a potential HUGE arbitrage situation in the making.

I believe the coins have a coin age for each coin.. I see there is a coin age variable but dont know if this is per coin... if there is age for each coin then you would take over payments if its over 20 days old...

But reading the faq it says you need to wait 20 days so I dont know if coin age is per coin.. and if so Im not sure how 5% global inflation is forced after 4 years.

The coins have to be setting in a wallet, (not transferred to new wallet) for a least 20 days to be eligible to try and mint coins.  If you bought coins it would reset the timer on the day the coins were sent to you wallet.  If you bought the coins from someone who had them sitting in his wallet for 19 days, then no interest would be earned until they sit in your wallet for 20 days.

Feasible?: It does not matter about the date of each coin. It only matters that the wallet keep track of the balance that has been in the wallet. For instance, you deposited 1000 on 2/08. On 2/15 you xferred 500 out. On 2/17 you xfer 800 back in. You have a current balance of 1800. On 2/28 (or 20 days from initial deposit) wallet checks lowest balance from 2/08 - 2/28, and derives PoS on this quantity.

I know that this doesn't account for accurate times and is quite simplistic, but couldn't each "coin" have a time/date bit/byte(s) attached/embedded within itself? Seems like that would not be that difficult, and it would adjust according to the individual wallet address, ie., reset.

Just thinking out loud.

Activity: 770
We're all waiting for Bitcoin 2.0 to come along, hopefully will be on that train.

We hope Mint IS that train! lol!

It could be Smiley Your guess is as good as mine buddy.

Look how long it took BTC to get all this attention and being accepted by some mainstream merchants.

Mint is way too young to replace BTC, one day maybe? Who knows but it is way in the future before BTC gets replaced by any alternative currency.
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
Anyone interested in trading MINTfor USD/CAD?

Lets start shooting some emails at Vault of Satoshi www.vaultofsatoshi.com   It's a fantastic site.

Send any emails to [email protected]

Subject:      Request: MINTcoin‏

Let's get the cash flowing!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
But you stated "Mint will not replace BTC" which is an opinion, not a fact. It's unlikely sure but nobody knows the future in the crypto game. We're all waiting for Bitcoin 2.0 to come along, hopefully will be on that train.

Well, hopefully DOGE or MINT are BTC 2.0. Too much saturation in the market for anything new to come along anytime in the coming months, imo.

I hold some Doge too as it has a huge community backing which is why I think it will succeed in the long run. Yeah I think that's true, nothing revolutionary in cryptos has come yet but I think something may within the next few years but who knows, many clone coins being created at the moment :|
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jump to: