Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 804. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Then there will be no more Dumps as all will keep their coins forever and watch them GROW!
how is a coin supposed to grow when everyone is holding and doing nothing with them?

All jokes aside. You're absolutely right.

Yeah but there will never be a coin that everybody holds forever, people want profit Smiley

Yeah man, we don't live forever either. lol

The point he makes is that we need to spend some coins in order to generate value. There need to be a use for it, otherwise it will get to a certain point and folks will just start dumping it. The last ones out will then be the losers. However, if you build an economy around it, where goods/services can be exchanged for MintCoin, then you create lasting value.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one who understand what PoS truly is. This is not PoW. Learn the difference!!
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
You guys are missing the point; even if there are merchants, what is the fucking incentive to use mint if they are in your wallet generating interest?

lol Are you serious? Products and services offered are also incentives. Fiat money also generates interest, but even a kid knows a portion of it needs to be spend occasionally. The same is true here. If you cannot spend it on something useful, it becomes a waste.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
You guys are missing the point; even if there are merchants, what is the fucking incentive to use mint if they are in your wallet generating interest?

What's the incentive of spending money rather than leave it in the bank accruing interest? Apart from the lower interest rates, a currency will attract both spenders and investors. The PoS, if nothing else increases distribution.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
anyone have a 32 bit version of the linux client?

because i get this:
Code:
zsh: exec format error: ./mintcoind
zsh: exec format error: ./mintcoin-qt
everytime i try to run it

I am running a crunchbang 32 bit computer
which distro are you using?

I've made available an Ubuntu PPA.

Worst case, you can download the .deb files and extract the binaries out of them, they should probably work.
Then there will be no more Dumps as all will keep their coins forever and watch them GROW!
how is a coin supposed to grow when everyone is holding and doing nothing with them?

Yeah but there will never be a coin that everybody holds forever, people want profit Smiley

The point he makes is that we need to spend some coins in order to generate value. There need to be a use for it, otherwise it will get to a certain point and folks will just start dumping it. The last ones out will then be the losers. However, if you build an economy around it, where goods/services can be exchanged for MintCoin, then you create lasting value.

right. Are there any merchants yet?

That's the million dollar question.
Activity: 126
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

right. Are there any merchants yet?

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

except me. I want world peace
Activity: 112
every 20 days 1.1% of youre total comes as interest, keep youre base and sell the interest
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015

it is spelled "hodling". idiot...
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Activity: 364
i mean where do i have to put that phrase and exactly like this?

mintcoind walletpassphrase true

thanks!!!

read the thread, this has been answered every few pages
Activity: 420
Not much support in the 30's on mintpal. If you have a profit and  have invested what you can't afford to lose, be sure to take some of that and enjoy yourself. I think we will be at 20-25 for awhile until things relax. Going afk on this coin for a bit. tootles.
Activity: 90
i mean where do i have to put that phrase and exactly like this?

mintcoind walletpassphrase true

thanks!!!
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
well.

apparently hashrapid just stole my 9k coins.

I withdrew them from their "old" server but they never landed in my wallet, even after almost 24h. now the "old pool" shows 0 coins and that a transaction took place but again, nothing arrived in my wallet.

https://i.imgur.com/3F4sIgC.gif

no reply to my mail too, of course.
Activity: 70
I care if the coin dies or not. It must die after re-pump to make space for new pump and dump coins.

I can't wait till the PoS kicks in. Then there will be no more Dumps as all will keep their coins forever and watch them GROW! 50 billion more to come to all who hold and wait. Get in now before they are all gone and locked away in wallets to grow baby Mints!!!
Jump to: