Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 899. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 250
Go higher if we'll doing the good community job.
You give us a good resume of why it will go higher.

Smaller supply every day + higher demand = magical receit

Let's go to the Moon before the Dogecoin  Wink

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
6 Exhanges already, everyday we are getting more stuff for our coin!
This is really going somewhere, i am wondering if i should sell my coins if they are 300 sathoshi's now!
Because it would suck if they go much higher, what do you guys think?
Because after no one can mine the coins anymore, not alot of people can get in to mint, because most people will want to hold them, and the rewards to mine them are so low.
So would the price drop after pos or go even higher?
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Think prices are good now?

Wait until the next block halving.  Smiley

When exactly is the next halving?

No, wait until PoS blocks start taking PoW block spots.  Cheesy This will drastically cut PoW supply per day.
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000

When exactly is the next halving?
Activity: 532

Activity: 518
When you look through threads of coins that have 'blown up and seen a price explosion' you can see how MINT is in the beginning of that process now.  Grin

Community support
Exchanges adding
Volume building

It's all here

And on top of that, the PoS could well make MINT worth holding onto for much longer than most 'here today gone tomorrow' coins.

MINT to the moon and stay there!

I've got a brand new website to demonstrate for MINT tonight! Going to look good!  Cool

Cant wait to see the website !!!
gonna be refreshing the thread a lot haha
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
When you look through threads of coins that have 'blown up and seen a price explosion' you can see how MINT is in the beginning of that process now.  Grin

Community support
Exchanges adding
Volume building

It's all here

And on top of that, the PoS could well make MINT worth holding onto for much longer than most 'here today gone tomorrow' coins.

MINT to the moon and stay there!

I've got a brand new website to demonstrate for MINT tonight! Going to look good!  Cool
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So basically, this coin is like both Peercoin & Dodgecoin combined and on steroids all rolled into 1 coin. . . Awesome!
Yeah. Too bad I don't have the patience for the PoS!!!
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
So basically, this coin is like both Peercoin & Dodgecoin combined and on steroids all rolled into 1 coin. . . Awesome!
Activity: 770
And now everyone starsts mining and difficulty goes 23+ haha

Not me  Kiss 3458812.832839 MINT

Far from big time miners.

I switched back and forth Mint/HBN, be good.
Activity: 518
And now everyone starsts mining and difficulty goes 23+ haha
Activity: 546
PoS is integrated from beginning. PoS starts ticking after 20 days of maturity. So if you got your coins in day one, then you should see your first PoS blocks in 7-8 days.
Activity: 770
PPLNS Target   79223

Round Shares Submitted shares since last found block (ie. round shares)
Est. Shares   79,052 (done: 118.58%)
Pool Valid   93,737
Your Valid   448
Pool Invalid   1,829 (1.91%)
Your Invalid   0 (0.00%)

MNT Estimates
Block   955.86588007
Fees   9.55865880
Donation   0.00000000
Payout   946.30722127

Network Info
Difficulty   19.29974554
Est Next Difficulty   21.16864877 (Change in 1846 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block   0 minutes 30 seconds
Current Block   38477
So this requires a hard fork?

If not, will PoS already start to work during PoW phase? (Since it's >20 days long)

No hard fork required. PoS is already in the coin as far as I'm aware. Minting may not start until after the block halvings. So 5 weeks from when Mint launched. I believe your coin still mature (age) until then, but the devs would need to clarify these other points.

PoS works by working out how old your coins are. The age resets when they move. Age starts from when the coins enter your wallet.

Coins that have matured will go into Stake in your wallet and you are effectively PoS mining with your stake. Think of it like a hashrate, but the block rewards depend on the size of the stake. After that those coins move back to your balance, their age is reset and it goes on like that. The more you mine now the more frequently you will mint due to the spread of different coin ages,
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
So this requires a hard fork?

If not, will PoS already start to work during PoW phase? (Since it's >20 days long)
So after the PoW phase, (3 weeks) then block reward is only 1 coin.  And then all PoS minting.  But to mint PoS you only need to turn on your wallet once every 20 days.  So who will be running the block chain (securing transactions) after PoW phase?

this is what i was wondering too.
i assume its still PoW from miners, but with no one mining (or very few) it would be very easy to 51%.

someone please correct if I'm wrong

PoS takes over as the dominant mining process, and as coins age at from the point they were mined, someone will always be minting somewhere to generate new network blocks. To 51% attack with PoS you'd need to hold 51% or more of all Mint,

Activity: 131
So after the PoW phase, (3 weeks) then block reward is only 1 coin.  And then all PoS minting.  But to mint PoS you only need to turn on your wallet once every 20 days.  So who will be running the block chain (securing transactions) after PoW phase?

this is what i was wondering too.
i assume its still PoW from miners, but with no one mining (or very few) it would be very easy to 51%.

someone please correct if I'm wrong
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Crap what do I mine Flappy or mint? they are both awesome.
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
mint is climbing steadily!!
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
As 700.000.000 coins was premined wouldn't it be fair if it was publicly reported how these coins are used?
Every bounty payout, giveaway etc together with current balance posted to the community.

I think that would be fair just to show they don't plan to just dump them when trading volume is high enough.....

If you examine the block explorer you see that the premined coins where instantly split between several addresses and then split again multiple times. Why do that? Why not keep them on one address?

Just a thought....

Agreeed. For example, when I just begun to join the MintCoin community, and did a Facebook like, expecting the 10,000 give-away, but never received, and no explanation as well, so I still have some bad impression for the organizer's honesty.
Same here, never got a response to my comment on that giveaway.
Jump to: