Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 983. (Read 1369777 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 250
I'd like to know what pools give bonuses for finding blocks?
I've found 4 so far in the pool I'm in..
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
The mac mintcoin wallet from mega won't start for me. Anybody have it working ?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
You do. The person holding the coin long term gets the POS benefit.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
QUESTION FOR ANYONE IN THE KNOW:

When the 20% begins to be paid out or "minted" by the coin holders, how does it work?  On a particular day and moment in time, does the owners of all coins get the right to mint their extra coins?  If not how will it happen?   If I buy coins on exchange right now and have them in my wallet, do I get the 20% or does it go to the original miner?? 
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
after the first year, Mint will have a maximum of 84 billion coins? (70BB + 20%) or will the maximum always be 70BB?

Yes, 20% inflation (MUCH more than fiat money). Actually a little less cause some people will keep their wallets down.
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
can some people join mnt.allpoolz.com

We only have about 6 mh/sec at the moment.

0% fee.
Activity: 429
Congrats on finding a block Smiley
I like this coin so far, with the 2 exchanges out I'm making more then I would on middlecoin.. Can't complain about that  Grin
So I've been mining mintcoin for a couple of days, and about 2 hours ago I FOUND A BLOCK ALL BY MYSELF WHILST IN A POOOL!! one of the most ecstatic moments of my mining career

http://s28.postimg.org/udwlpcedp/400_K_share.png
free photo hosting

congrads!
What pool site you using?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
So I've been mining mintcoin for a couple of days, and about 2 hours ago I FOUND A BLOCK ALL BY MYSELF WHILST IN A POOOL!! one of the most ecstatic moments of my mining career

free photo hosting

congrats! finding a block with that kind of reward is better than sex!
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

I found a block yesterday but only got 67,000 payout as it took 2.5 hours to mine that particular block in a pool.   Your 400K coins is sweet!  I keep checking who is finding the blocks in my pool.  It would be interesting to know what the payouts are for the finder.

I agree that would be really cool to know but then I feel like I would be on newegg blowing every last dollar I had to build a rig that could actually find a block lol

I found a block yesterday but only got 67,000 payout as it took 2.5 hours to mine that particular block in a pool.   Your 400K coins is sweet!  I keep checking who is finding the blocks in my pool.  It would be interesting to know what the payouts are for the finder.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10

This is on my to do list! I would like to say grats though, that is awesome.
Activity: 56

I share your excitement! Nice surprise
Activity: 133
Merit: 11

free photo hosting
Activity: 210
I'm not a smart man. Can somebody tell me like i'm 5 how many coins will be generated PoW and how many will be generated PoS. You would be doing the community a service as well thanks.

My calculation based on the parameters in OP is that there are about 20 billion coins will be produced by the PoW mining (not including the 1coin per block sustaining). The rest 50 billion should be for PoS generation. This should last 20-30 years at least.

Thanks
Activity: 532
Can someone explain how I can have a secure wallet? When you lock the the thing it stops minting coins.

Please explain if I'm wrong. If I'm right this would be a serious flaw.

Can it mint when it is offline? Maybe putting the wallet on a box that isn't connected to the internet and then unencrypting it?

Wallet has to be unlocked and online to mint, but you could keep it locked and open it once a week to mint new coins.
Activity: 56
Can someone explain how I can have a secure wallet? When you lock the the thing it stops minting coins.

Can it mint when it is offline? Maybe putting the wallet on a box that isn't connected to the internet and then unencrypting it?
Activity: 168
Any plans to update the website, the current one looks bad.
Activity: 210

Activity: 325
As stated in the OP, we have a long term vision for this coin. We're working hard to make it a success, but please do keep in mind it's only 3 days old. And now, I need some sleep, a lot!
Jump to: