Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant - page 3. (Read 80149 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Be aware of other Exchange platforms that seem to be trading in MNR

Recently we have been added to a fake exchange platform, Coin Cubess

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-alert-fake-exchange-coincubess-scam-alert-702513

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
Pools, hash rates and miners
pool
24h Ghash/s
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Hey people .. Ive been caught up with some life stuff and im catching up reading this thread and i cant believe mintpal wont respond to mjollnircoin.

What a bunch of BS! I really like mintpals interface but ever since soul mention the issue ive been looking into it and it turns out he was right! That said its beyond sleazy and for sure not professional in any sense of the word to not respond to take down request from the owner .. Its dam near malicious!

It would be kinda messed up to vote for other coins just to bring us down the ranks.. as that would possibly affect the said coins in the same to the very fate we are trying to avoid!

Does mintpal not have reps here at bitcointalk! ??  
---

On a side note i was talking to my buddy about some UFC access and its just as expensive as a slot on bittrex dashboard at the minimum (500-1000$). Tho the airtime would be great but im not so sure its worth the minimum exposure via in-ring prefight banner! Some of the big name fighters only have one sponsor like anderson silva who has one sponsor like "Mcdonalds" or something and so big name fighters bring in $100,000 plus for sponsors so big name fighters are out the question.

Now some of the smaller names like (Chris Camozzi) are figuring it out ! (pictured above with qrcode on shorts! UFC 175)

Anyway.. not so sure if we can take advantage ..

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
OH SH**!  I wasn't paying attention.  It's at no. 10 now!  I think we should just vote for every other coin that's near it.  If I find the moron who's doing this.....

Don't worry about it, it will go away eventually. Let's get voting for the others!

I've set a stopwatch on my computer so that whenever I'm there I can vote every hour.  It's a lot easier than trying to remember the time.
OH SH**!  I wasn't paying attention.  It's at no. 10 now!  I think we should just vote for every other coin that's near it.  If I find the moron who's doing this.....

Don't worry about it, it will go away eventually. Let's get voting for the others!
legendary
legendary
Yes, if at all possible. There has been no response to our request yet to take MNR voting down. I'll try to track them down on this forum and contact them directly.

It is possible this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Mjollnircoin; The vote count has rapidly increased since we started discussing this and it is obvious that MNR does not have the Volume required to sustain itself at MintPal. Your character profiling may be correct.

But as you know, Exchange platforms can list any coin they like for the Market; Like said before, MintPal should not be interested in a low volume coin as MNR is now.
When MNR does get the Volume, Exchanges will be quick to add it to the Market simply because they do not want to miss a piece of the pie.

We have been accepted to Bittrex through a GiveAway, while true we did buy votes for (the now late) CryptoAltTex we have since not payed for any exchange related service.

I've tried them (Mintpal) and they never respond.  I don't think theres much more we can really do except hope that MNR doesn't get on.  On a more positive note whilst investigating multipools for another coin I'm into (BRIT) - I've found a potential Multipool which we can get running for not very much cost (assuming people want the coin to go POS only).  Will test it out on BRIT and see how it goes.  Have lost a lot on coins lately but if I can make some money back in the next few weeks I could use some BTC to give it a try with Mjollnir, maybe? I have no idea how to run a pool so might be a total failure.  

Well, technically we can always vote for the other coins to keep them ahead of us Smiley

Didn't think of that.  Obviously make it a coin that has a decent chance.  We don't want to kill someone else's coin.
Yes, if at all possible. There has been no response to our request yet to take MNR voting down. I'll try to track them down on this forum and contact them directly.

It is possible this is a deliberate attempt to sabotage Mjollnircoin; The vote count has rapidly increased since we started discussing this and it is obvious that MNR does not have the Volume required to sustain itself at MintPal. Your character profiling may be correct.

But as you know, Exchange platforms can list any coin they like for the Market; Like said before, MintPal should not be interested in a low volume coin as MNR is now.
When MNR does get the Volume, Exchanges will be quick to add it to the Market simply because they do not want to miss a piece of the pie.

We have been accepted to Bittrex through a GiveAway, while true we did buy votes for (the now late) CryptoAltTex we have since not payed for any exchange related service.

I've tried them (Mintpal) and they never respond.  I don't think theres much more we can really do except hope that MNR doesn't get on.  On a more positive note whilst investigating multipools for another coin I'm into (BRIT) - I've found a potential Multipool which we can get running for not very much cost (assuming people want the coin to go POS only).  Will test it out on BRIT and see how it goes.  Have lost a lot on coins lately but if I can make some money back in the next few weeks I could use some BTC to give it a try with Mjollnir, maybe? I have no idea how to run a pool so might be a total failure.  

Well, technically we can always vote for the other coins to keep them ahead of us Smiley

legendary

legendary
Hello
I would like to start mine MNR on http://mnr.1gh.com/

Which rig from this site: https://www.betarigs.com/ is proper for this coin?

Any of the GPU mining rigs will work - ignore the ASICs.  The faster the GPU the more hashes you will get with MNR.  If you are only renting you will need to make sure that the people who are running it for you set it up right to mine mjollnircoin (see the settings at the start of this thread).
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hello
I would like to start mine MNR on http://mnr.1gh.com/

Which rig from this site: https://www.betarigs.com/ is proper for this coin?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I'm gonna clean up this town
You definitely don't want to be trading on MintPal until you are doing at least 25+ BTC in average daily volume elsewhere. The smart play would be de-listing it as right now there are over 500 bot votes/day - at that pace it could be listed in 3-4 weeks unless the other competition doing bot-voting starts to catch up. Is it a sabotage attempt? I mean if this cracks the top 5 I would sell whatever you have before it hits because it will be dead within 2 weeks of trading on MP. It blows my mind how little people understand economics - it's probably a wealthy 16-year-old Chinese kid that is stubborn enough to believe he knows better than everyone else (I've had a lot of run-ins with kids like this and they just kill coin after coin over and over). Stop supporting these scam voting services and stop scamming your way onto exchanges - it actually just hurts your investment.

Exactly. All-to-often a coin that's flying a bit under the radar that I am acquiring gets bot-voted onto MintPal and it's dead within a couple weeks. Threads die, value goes through the floor, etc. Happens over and over. Slow growth is key to long-term success and trading on the NYSE of altcoin exchanges too soon is a kiss of death. I have nothing against MintPal - it's great for high-volume coins in high demand - but grinding things out on the smaller exchanges first while building a base of support/etc is the key. Just fail to understand the logic. It's like nobody pays attention to history.
You definitely don't want to be trading on MintPal until you are doing at least 25+ BTC in average daily volume elsewhere. The smart play would be de-listing it as right now there are over 500 bot votes/day - at that pace it could be listed in 3-4 weeks unless the other competition doing bot-voting starts to catch up. Is it a sabotage attempt? I mean if this cracks the top 5 I would sell whatever you have before it hits because it will be dead within 2 weeks of trading on MP. It blows my mind how little people understand economics - it's probably a wealthy 16-year-old Chinese kid that is stubborn enough to believe he knows better than everyone else (I've had a lot of run-ins with kids like this and they just kill coin after coin over and over). Stop supporting these scam voting services and stop scamming your way onto exchanges - it actually just hurts your investment.

I have requested MintPal to take down MNR Voting through a support ticket.

It would be great if other people can send the same message or report the bot activity (is this in compliance with mintpal policy ?)

Also, MintPal will take down their coin voting on September 1st 2014;

If at all, we will do this problem as it comes - development will not stop by getting delisted.

Thing is they never listen but I'll give it a shot.  It probably won't get to the top in time anyway.

That's right
legendary

It would be great if other people can send the same message or report the bot activity (is this in compliance with mintpal policy ?)

If at all, we will do this problem as it comes - development will not stop by getting delisted.

Thing is they never listen but I'll give it a shot.  It probably won't get to the top in time anyway.
I see MNR is still flying up the voting list due to purchased bot voting on MintPal - I think this pretty much sums up the future of this coin: doomed. No coin that bought it's way onto MintPal illegitimately ever sustained it's pre-MintPal value for more than 72 hours. It's a death sentence for a low-volume coin. Who would be dumb enough to continue paying for these votes? Unless it's a deliberate sabotage it's senseless. Blows my mind that people actually think just getting listed on MintPal will cause the coin to spike in value and volume. Take a look at Yellowcoin for an example of how that works out (or any of the others that bought their way on). Stupid. So much more profit could be had with smaller exchanges.

I see MNR is still flying up the voting list due to purchased bot voting on MintPal - I think this pretty much sums up the future of this coin: doomed. No coin that bought it's way onto MintPal illegitimately ever sustained it's pre-MintPal value for more than 72 hours. It's a death sentence for a low-volume coin. Who would be dumb enough to continue paying for these votes? Unless it's a deliberate sabotage it's senseless. Blows my mind that people actually think just getting listed on MintPal will cause the coin to spike in value and volume. Take a look at Yellowcoin for an example of how that works out (or any of the others that bought their way on). Stupid. So much more profit could be had with smaller exchanges.
Activity: 274

There is now a new wallet released https://sourceforge.net/projects/mjollnircoin/files/releases/0.8.7.1/

This is a bugfix release for version 0.8.7.0

Changes:

The checkpoint for block 42742 was wrongly added in 0.8.7.0, this prevented (new) users to synchronize with the block chain
(The wallet starts with checkpointing enabled)

Thanks to rgm108 for reporting the problem! 

Windows wallet is released, Mac OS X and others follow soon.

This worked perfectly.
Thank you very much for the fast response and fix Smiley

PS: Thanks for the bounty. That just doubled my day's farming activity  Wink

There is now a new wallet released https://sourceforge.net/projects/mjollnircoin/files/releases/0.8.7.1/

This is a bugfix release for version 0.8.7.0

Changes:

The checkpoint for block 42742 was wrongly added in 0.8.7.0, this prevented (new) users to synchronize with the block chain
(The wallet starts with checkpointing enabled)

Thanks to rgm108 for reporting the problem! 

Windows wallet is released, Mac OS X and others follow soon.
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org