Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant - page 58. (Read 80182 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
By the way, someone was solomining at about 20MHs on the abandoned fork  even while cgminer was broken. Perhaps a private cudaminer Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
when exactly is the coin launch ?
and where can I find wallet and password (actually I have a wallet but no password) ?

Forget about that wallet, the blockchain is forked. Preliminary new launch is 00.00 CEST, but I hope DEV will change it to somewhen tommorow. We will first test everything properly. Everybody should have new CGMiner ready and start at the same time. It makes no sense to just start mass-testing after launch and finding out it's crashing. There is also some option that everybody starts with CPU-miner but that's not what I think most miners would like as most miners have tons of GPU cards which they would like to utilize. Most of the mining rigs have just some basic CPU's so it wouldn't be attractive for them to mine with CPU.
CEST ? when is it int UTC/GMT (sorry...) ?
In principle cudaminer should also be ready by then.
I see the wallet is working, is it possible to test the miners on it ?
Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
and where can I find wallet and password (actually I have a wallet but no password) ?

Forget about that wallet, the blockchain is forked. Preliminary new launch is 00.00 CEST, but I hope DEV will change it to somewhen tommorow. We will first test everything properly. Everybody should have new CGMiner ready and start at the same time. It makes no sense to just start mass-testing after launch and finding out it's crashing. There is also some option that everybody starts with CPU-miner but that's not what I think most miners would like as most miners have tons of GPU cards which they would like to utilize. Most of the mining rigs have just some basic CPU's so it wouldn't be attractive for them to mine with CPU.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
REORDER: How is it going? I'm drinking second beer and I doubt I will be able to test after fifth one so hurry up. :-) Just kidding, take your time so that we make MNR the royal coin of your pool. It's just so much fun testing new coin while trading BC currently. Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Errrrr, I have multiple dev machines all of which have mining GPUs but are 1.5 hour drive from where I'm at.
Just went into to play with both cgminer and ccminer to only discover:

My Visual Studio environments have AMD cards in them and my MinGW environments have an nVidia card in it.  Couldn't not have setup video cards any worse based on the compiling environments!

Well at least with the relaunch I've got time to re-setup both environment based on the hardware. Smiley

Felt like venting as I think it's going to be "one of them days!".

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Reorder happen to have a EXE for windows?

My MinGW environment is hosed and I can't seem to fix it. Sad

+1
Reorder happen to have a EXE for windows?

My MinGW environment is hosed and I can't seem to fix it. Sad
The countdown timer got me.  I just woke up as I thought we still had close to 4 hours before the launch.

Timer got me too. I will be ready for the relaunch, I think....

I've got linux and windows I can test on....
Please pull the latest source from github and test it.
Activity: 126
The countdown timer got me.  I just woke up as I thought we still had close to 4 hours before the launch.

Timer got me too. I will be ready for the relaunch, I think....

I've got linux and windows I can test on....
REORDER: Now as the coin blockchain is broken, I suggest we could at least use it for testing CGMiner before second re-launch. What do you think? Second failure would be unacceptable. So let's create a group of testers who will test on various computers and we provide you all the logs which you need. CPU mining is anyway a joke, I don't believe anybody would mine with CPU alongside GPUs, it's just non-sense.
Source is already fixed just recently, not sure about Windows build. I will make an update shortly and ask you to test Smiley

Sure, no problem, I will test. Let's do some serious testing so that this un-pronounceable coin can fly to moon. Smiley
REORDER: Now as the coin blockchain is broken, I suggest we could at least use it for testing CGMiner before second re-launch. What do you think? Second failure would be unacceptable. So let's create a group of testers who will test on various computers and we provide you all the logs which you need. CPU mining is anyway a joke, I don't believe anybody would mine with CPU alongside GPUs, it's just non-sense.
Source is already fixed just recently, not sure about Windows build. I will make an update shortly and ask you to test Smiley
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
00:00 CEST is just fine for me (I'm from Europe).

Now will there be a working GPU miner from the start? I'm a bit unsure whether the crashing 1gh GPU miner is by design to only allow CPU mining at the start or if it is a bug that will be fixed - ie whether I should look out for a new GPU miner until midnight?
But I like relaunches to be honest. All the miners and config files prepared and tested more or less. ;-) This was a good drill once again hehe.
Well if somebody was interested to mine this coin but didn't like the launch time, there has always been opportunity to complain on this forum. So I mean that nobody complained out of the group of people who were aware about this coin and it's launch date. If nothing else, we can vote when we relaunch. Obviously, DEV must be confident that he doesn't screw this up again. There won't be a third chance I think.
Pages:
Jump to: