Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant - page 63. (Read 80182 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Hey guys, maybe stupid question. It was mentioned that wallet password will be the hash of genesis block. Should I find it then somewhere on github or it will be just posted on first page? Where should people look first to have the password asap?

Hi,

Yes, it is the hash of the Genesis Block for Testnet. After it is pushed to the repository, it will be posted here in this thread and on the website
Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
Hey guys, maybe stupid question. It was mentioned that wallet password will be the hash of genesis block. Should I find it then somewhere on github or it will be just posted on first page? Where should people look first to have the password asap?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
To confirm, the pool mnr.1gh.com will be available shortly after sources are released. The AMD GPU miner - shortly after that, first Windows version, then the source.
Activity: 168
shouldnt miner be release before launch ? Or maybe developer wanted to premine at launch before releasing miner because he is the only one with miner

If you have read the thread you will see everything is on the up and up here so far and the Dev has been very open to suggestions and have implemented many community based suggestions.  This coin is about the fairest coin I've seen in quite a while. The Dev is not providing or working on GPU miners that I'm aware of.  So he will not be doing any GPU mining before anyone else or getting an advantage on anyone.  With that said, please don't make accusations that aren't warranted against the Dev.

From my personal observation. The coin will initially launch with CPU Miner from the DEV.  Reorder (different person), I believe, has an AMD GPU version ready of CGMINER. It should be available right around launch time but I'll leave this to Reorder to comment on.  However, I'd imagine that since this is a "3rd party" project he will need to test it for a bit after the launch to make sure everything is working correctly before releasing it.  Keep in mind Reorder also runs the 1GH pool so it's probably in his best interest to launch it as soon as he feels comfortable with it as it probably benefits his pool. Reorder is not the type of person who would take advantage of others by holding onto it for himself.  Keep this in mind when selecting a pool to use (within reason).

Reorder is providing both a mining pool and the AMD GPU mining software.  So in a way he is serving MNR two-fold which is GREAT!

The Chris(s) will most likely release an nvidia release of ccminer at some point with the tweaks needed for MNR. But they have not confirmed this in the cudaminer support forum even after being asked many times about supporting MNR.  If the Chris(s) do not make a release, then I'm sure the community will.  I know a couple of people from the forum are going to take a shot at it. This too will not take long but will need a bit of testing.  Either way, no one is going to have much of an advantage over anyone else as the objective is to get the GPU software available ASAP.

Keep in mind this is a modified version of the HVC coin algo wise so it's not a straight copy/paste operation as this coin is semi-unique code wise (not hard but slightly different).  But the devs of the GPU software will need some time to test things before they can release it.  Won't take long but will take a bit of time.

Carlo
Activity: 210
password for .7z

It will be released at launch. Right now as I type this: 10 hours, 50 minutes to go.

Countdown timer can be found here: http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/

Real time help, support and general community chatting will be available a few hours prior to launch on IRC.

Network: freenode.net
Channel: #MNRCOIN

If you don't have an IRC client just use the web client located at: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Carlo

shouldnt miner be release before launch ? Or maybe developer wanted to premine at launch before releasing miner because he is the only one with miner
password for .7z

It will be released at launch. Right now as I type this: 10 hours, 50 minutes to go.

Countdown timer can be found here: http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/

Real time help, support and general community chatting will be available a few hours prior to launch on IRC.

Network: freenode.net
Channel: #MNRCOIN

If you don't have an IRC client just use the web client located at: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Carlo
auy
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
where to download miner ?
there aren't really any yet - coin hasn't even launched.  There's wallet software here: http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/wallet.html
It's password protected - read up for details.  When the coin launches, I'd imagine the GPU miners will be announced pretty quickly.
Activity: 210

But at least he could pronounce Valhalla Smiley

One of the worst articles ever.
b9c3a5c0763fa90f56105e75f111cbb9c71ee02a doesn't work for me to unlock the Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip with 7zip:

Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\libwinpthread-1.dll
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoin-qt.exe
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoin.conf
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoind.exe
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\README.md

Try again in 21.5 hours when the coin launches.

You can use 7zip to decrypt the files, using Mjollnir's Genesis Block hash as the password. The Genesis Block is committed to our git source code repository when the countdown timer ends.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
b9c3a5c0763fa90f56105e75f111cbb9c71ee02a doesn't work for me to unlock the Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip with 7zip:

Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\libwinpthread-1.dll
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoin-qt.exe
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoin.conf
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\mjollnircoind.exe
Downloads\Mjollnircoin-Win32.zip: Contraseña incorrecta para Mjollnircoin-Win32\README.md
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
pools?
At least two that should be ready to go at launch - read the thread
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Approximately 1 day 14 hours to launch!

Getting closer.  Can't wait!
CGminer will be available on launch.

CCminer may be available on launch
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Traveling in subspace

Password protected wallets have arrived!

http://brokkir.github.io/mjollnircoin/wallet.html

Will you use the same github repo for the source, and will you push the updated source at launch time? Just asking, because binaries are of little use for services Smiley

Yes, all commits will be pushed there. At launch time the Genesis Block is pushed yes

The binaries will be released through sourceforge,
Pages:
Jump to: