Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Mjollnircoin - MNR - Ultra-secure, Fast Transactions & ASIC resistant - page 66. (Read 80182 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
waiting  Grin hope it wont be like HVC.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 149
On many levels this thread just keeps getting more interesting.  Roll Eyes

Nice to see you here too.

Are you thinking about doing what some of us hope you are thinking about doing?

Unfortunately with the slightest bit of effort with some parties things could have been a lot different in the past, maybe it will be a little different this time  Wink

Nice to see you here too.

Are you thinking about doing what some of us hope you are thinking about doing?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
^^ Oh!!! Embarrassed    Cheesy

In that case!! Reorder dont mind me... Throw all the ego ya want at it man!! lol

ROFLMAO, good one

lol, I didnt know what to say.. that was the last thing i thought you were gonna say!

Activity: 149

In that case!! Reorder dont mind me... Throw all the ego ya want at it man!! lol

ROFLMAO, good one
legendary

Edit: Now im embarrassed.. somehow i should have known that. Thanks for cluing me in cayars .
 Grin
( Can someone patch this miner to work with MNR )

http://hvcdl.1gh.com/cgminer-heavy-2014-04-01.zip

Perhaps the person who posted right before and after your message? lol

whats wrong with his name and why does his post order matter?

Because the person who had posted right before and right after your question is Reorder.

Reorder is the author of that software (or person who added Hefty1 to CGMiner to be more accurate) as well as one of the pool operators of 1GH.

Carlo

PS nothing wrong with his name.  Grin
legendary
I really liked Heavy and im keeping an eagle eye on this coin. 

A proactive dev that is open to suggestion and addresses issues as they come up is a +!

MNR -    "                                 "

Do we have a tag line to put in between the quotes above!
Millionaire god?

I was thinking of something with less ego... lol,
like,

MNR  " the resistance "

whats wrong with his name and why does his post order matter?

Activity: 462

A proactive dev that is open to suggestion and addresses issues as they come up is a +!

MNR -    "                                 "

Millionaire god?
legendary

MNR -    "                                 "

Actually I have peeked at escrow address just to find out how much should I invest to get a better position on that tan-curve Smiley The zero transactions was surprising at least, as the coin has all the potential to become *the* GPU coin for the summer.
I have bad feeling that Mjollnircoin dev is the same person as HVC dev (keccak512) who abandoned HVC ship long time ago and is now trying the same IPO scam. It's worth trying to create another clone if couple of tens (if not hundreds) of BTCs can be earned so easily. HVC story has proven that there are always hordes of greedy fools who are willing to invest in some shitcoins even before they are launched so why not try the same concept once again.

Highly doubtful as Mjollnircoin is "talkiing" to me. Smiley   Keep in mind HVC was like 10% ipo/premine and MNR is only 0.5% and the devs make basically nothing.  Where is the scam in that? Read the OP message for more info on allocation of funds.

We NEED/WANT an HVC clone that fixes the problems with HVC.  EVERYTHING that I can think of that was wrong with HVC is NOT WRONG in MNR and IS DONE CORRECTLY!

What more can we ask for at this point in time?

Carlo

PS I was sort of skeptical myself and you can probably get this from the tone in my first message on page 1. But the dev embraced ideas in the thread and is making them happen.  That's a great first step if nothing else and something keccak512 never did (even when people were begging for changes). Keccah512 was always "my way, or the highway".  Even with not using escrow back before the IPO.  Everything was always done his way and not the communities way.  Different story here as you can read.

So if the IPO scares you, then just don't invest, but keep your options open and start mining it when it launches.  This way you are out nothing and stand a chance of earning some good coins from day one.

Due to this coin using Hefty and the high IPO % of HVC I think most people will be leery of investing in any IPOs for a while (especially those using Hefty).  That is understandable, but that also doesn't make a coin that has a very small IPO a scam either.

Activity: 925
Merit: 1000
I have bad feeling that Mjollnircoin dev is the same person as HVC dev (keccak512) who abandoned HVC ship long time ago and is now trying the same IPO scam. It's worth trying to create another clone if couple of tens (if not hundreds) of BTCs can be earned so easily. HVC story has proven that there are always hordes of greedy fools who are willing to invest in some shitcoins even before they are launched so why not try the same concept once again.
Activity: 126
Look price HVC . deny invest Grin

You don't need to invest.  But you know you're going to mine it.  Tongue

But escrow address is still empty? Looks like no luck for non-PoS coins anymore.

I think POS is just a current trend because it's "new". Although it does for sure have some unique advantages too.  But new POS coins definitely get much of the attention.

HVC was one of the NON-POS coins that had promise but due to a combination of events went down hill fast.  MNR on the other hand is EVERYTHING HVC originally set out to be without the gimmick of voting.

HVC originally had a strong community behind it (forums and IRC).  There was good communication and people were excited.  People had or put to much faith in the devs and took what they said as "gospel".
But then things started unraveling as the coins implementation and marketing were slowly ripped apart. The devs slowly lost all credibility and things got shaken up.

1) Coin was STRONGLY poised to be CPU only with no chance of GPU mining.  They even did a paper on it.
2) REORDER put a halt to that (strike 1) with release of CGMINER (amd/ati)
2) Chris further put a nail in that coffin with ccminer (nvidia) release
3) I posted the flaw in the voting algorithms (doomsday message) and how it affects the timeline, block reward especially going into Sustain Phase, and security if hashing dropped (strike 2) - however could have been fixed
4) Devs went into hiding and basically stopped communicating (strike 3)
Besides the "strike" items above it also had a HUGE premine/IPO which effectively is about 10% of minting. They did not use escrow and basically forced everyone to do things there way.

MNR on the other hand is billed from day one (rightfully so) as both a CPU and GPU coin. No illusions or denial.
Has a solid timeline and unique slow downward block reward that should allow the value of the coin to easily increase as block reward drops.
Seems VERY OPEN to discussing and even implementing changes offered by the community.  No pre-notion of "our way or the high-way" mentality.
Very small premine of only 0.5%

Basically the BEST of what HVC should have been!

BTW, I know this is a completely different coin then HVC but since it uses the HEFTY algorithm it will likely be a candidate to mine by the people originally involved with HVC so...

Reorder.  The devs might be trying to change the IPO a bit due to a suggestion I had made a few message up.  This could be why the escrow address is empty?.?.?  Maybe mjollnircoin can comment.
Reorder, are you planning on setting up a pool for MNR and releasing a version of CGMINER to work with it?

If so, could I suggest something maybe controversial? Could you not release source code for the first week and only binaries?  Have the binaries only work with your pool or a couple of pools but "hard" code 10% of mining to a special wallet address.  Take the profit from this wallet and split it with mjollnircoin.  This way you each get a bit of compensation for your work. If anyone doesn't like that they can use the CPU miner until the GPU miner is out of the 1 week "testing/proving" test. Smiley  Don't know how you feel about something like this but I for sure wouldn't mind seeing you guys get a bit of compensation for what you bring to the table!

If Chris comes on board with a version of CCMINER he could do the same or similar.

Carlo

Activity: 364
Look price HVC . deny invest Grin
But escrow address is still empty? Looks like no luck for non-PoS coins anymore.
Pages:
Jump to: