Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] More added to Wallet UPDATE PLEASE PosEx PEX Hybrid POW/POS [ANN] - page 51. (Read 74299 times)

Activity: 1302
Merit: 504
Damn you people ruining my Green on yobit  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets (headless and Qt) for Posex v2.3.0.0 Beast on Raspbian Jessie (v8) as well as a bootstrap.dat file.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallets were built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image of the OS. NB! It is important that if you do a fresh install from a Jessie image, that you first expand your file system with raspi-config. It is the first option in the menu. The default image they provide installs a partition of about 3.5GB and it needs to be expanded to 8GB or you will not have enough space for the installation.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/posex or /home/pi/opt/posex
4) To run the wallets go to the directory with the wallets and run the wallet file - ./Posexd for the headless wallet at the command line or click on the Posex icon on the desktop or run the Posex-qt wallet.
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
7) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi.
8.) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
9) The installation script enables the ufw firewall by default, but does not force any special rules. If you want to enable it, uncomment the ufw lines in the script and add the ports you want open (default 9911 for Posex) and run it again or enable it manually by running the ufw commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/posex folder and execute sha256sum and md5sum and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file.
13) The installation script also installs a bootstrap.dat file up to block 596850.

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an Posex.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/posex and enter ./Posexd in a terminal window or at the command line to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been downloaded you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./Posexd eg. ./Posexd getinfo.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./Posexd encryptwallet
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain downloaded and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./Posexd walletpasshprase 99999999 true

Instructions to use the Qt wallet:

1) The wallet works exactly the same as the one in Windows.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/posex/downloads/posex_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x posex_installation_pi.sh && ./posex_installation_pi.sh && rm -f posex_installation_pi*

Let me know if there are any issues.

Direct links:
Link to Posex wallet installation script
Link to Qt wallet
Link to headless wallet
Link to virustotal scan for Posexd
Link to virustotal scan for Posex-qt
Link to bootstrap.zip
Link to bootstrap.tar.gz
Link to checksums.txt
Activity: 1050
Merit: 256
nice, I'll try to get it Cool
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
block explore is minimum requirement any coin.  if unable for providing block explorer something not right  block explorer easy to make  not making is reason for caution and suspicion

exactly what i posted here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13916117
thx, that you lighted it up again.

after a few minutes of 100.000% interest, wallets 2 to 11 will dump on nearly all the existing buy orders.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
Anyone else out of sync/potentially forked? Not too many ways to tell right now..

Nevermind, looks like it was just me  Wink

Deleted and resynced. All looks good.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Price has gone a bit down.
Should it be a good moment to buy now?

It possibly is, depends if the price rebounds. Hopefully it should
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Price has gone a bit down.
Should it be a good moment to buy now?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
Anyone else out of sync/potentially forked? Not too many ways to tell right now..
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting
Hmm... starting to think this may not be worth it. Price should crash drastically as soon as PoS earnings fly through the roof. Anyone with a sitting buy order will be wiped away by the first guy to get his coins to the exchange. The yobit wallet will be gigantic unless it is not staking and actually moving coins up from cold storage for each handout.

Maybe it is best to wait for the first guy to sell off his pile of PoS earnings and buy in then?

people get them for free, most dont even read here they just dump. so many people dont even know about the high pos rewards that ar comming

I'm not sure high PoS rewards are coming at block 10,000.  Have you staked again?

The "dev" says that rewards are supposed to be 100,000% right now but based on the reward you got for your first stake and the growth of the coin supply from whoever else has staked, the interest is clearly not 100,000%.  If anything, it is more like 1000% and gonna fall to 900% at block 10,000.  My knowledge is limited when it comes to programming and looking at the code, I really can't say for sure.
Now is 10% after block 10.000 begins high Pos.

That's what I said a couple of days ago.  Looking at the code again, I am not so sure.  Based on the reward Klassje received for his first stake, I estimated that we were at 1000% interest.  One thing is for sure, nothing about reality matches what our "dev" tells us, despite his claims that the coin was tested and working before release.
Activity: 742
Hmm... starting to think this may not be worth it. Price should crash drastically as soon as PoS earnings fly through the roof. Anyone with a sitting buy order will be wiped away by the first guy to get his coins to the exchange. The yobit wallet will be gigantic unless it is not staking and actually moving coins up from cold storage for each handout.

Maybe it is best to wait for the first guy to sell off his pile of PoS earnings and buy in then?

people get them for free, most dont even read here they just dump. so many people dont even know about the high pos rewards that ar comming

I'm not sure high PoS rewards are coming at block 10,000.  Have you staked again?

The "dev" says that rewards are supposed to be 100,000% right now but based on the reward you got for your first stake and the growth of the coin supply from whoever else has staked, the interest is clearly not 100,000%.  If anything, it is more like 1000% and gonna fall to 900% at block 10,000.  My knowledge is limited when it comes to programming and looking at the code, I really can't say for sure.
Now is 10% after block 10.000 begins high Pos.
Activity: 882
MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

Awesome, someone made a block explorer, Im interested to how you make it seems like there would be a lot of code and moving parts and apis but good job thanks for doing that, every coin especially pos coins need a block explorer.

Not make block explore for public.  just setup local machine for looking.  as explain earlier post it is easy for making block explorer.  why would OP not make block explorer for $5 USA? 

I will not open local to outside  if someone want block explore for looking coin I setup if pay $5 for vps.  pm if want 

Ohhh I just figured it was public, it would make sense for every crypto to have a block explorer and I believe it is the guidelines of Yobit that every coin on their exchange must have a block explorer, so I don't understand how it is listed there.  The dev should deff do that though because a block explorer is 100% necessary in the crypto world, without it there is no record of any transaction and no way to trace transactions back, it is very dangerous to use a coin with no block explorer.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Awesome, someone made a block explorer, Im interested to how you make it seems like there would be a lot of code and moving parts and apis but good job thanks for doing that, every coin especially pos coins need a block explorer.

Not make block explore for public.  just setup local machine for looking.  as explain earlier post it is easy for making block explorer.  why would OP not make block explorer for $5 USA? 

I will not open local to outside  if someone want block explore for looking coin I setup if pay $5 for vps.  pm if want 
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Umm, stupid question I guess, but the no.1 wallet is the yobit wallet where the undistributed coins are, right? Interesting to see that there are actually quite a few left. I would have guessed most of it would have gone by now.
The price has already fallen 67% in 1 day, there is no block explorer to see the pos rewards or the block sizes, what a disaster.

I'm not too worried, I have like $2 of free btc in this lol. Nothing wrong with having a little fun  Smiley

I agree I like having fun with coins like this too and I like the distribution method it was very unique.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
block explore is minimum requirement any coin.  if unable for providing block explorer something not right  block explorer easy to make  not making is reason for caution and suspicion
Activity: 742
Shit this is disappointing...  Sad
Activity: 916
The price has already fallen 67% in 1 day, there is no block explorer to see the pos rewards or the block sizes, what a disaster.

Took five minute make block explorer.  cost is $5 American month for vps if not local machine that free  OP not be bothered with simple block explorer?  Just more talking for pumping coin to sell..  Talking android wallet but no block explore.  Is not making sense. 

Look distribution.  few big wallets get all staking

advice=pass

don't buy  take free coins and sell

Well there you go guys, I bet you that is why the dev was hesitant of setting up a Block explorer, why did YoBit even list it if it didn't have one ?

I've always seen the total coins balance in the wallet as 1877.49177789 but now it shows you what has really happened with the distribution and the buys/sells on the market.

I knew it from the start he's (dev) hiding something from everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

Took five minute make block explorer.  cost is $5 American month for vps if not local machine that free  OP not be bothered with simple block explorer?  Just more talking for pumping coin to sell..  Talking android wallet but no block explore.  Is not making sense. 

Look distribution.  few big wallets get all staking

advice=pass

don't buy  take free coins and sell

Well there you go guys, I bet you that is why the dev was hesitant of setting up a Block explorer, why did YoBit even list it if it didn't have one ?

I've always seen the total coins balance in the wallet as 1877.49177789 but now it shows you what has really happened with the distribution and the buys/sells on the market.
Pages:
Jump to: