Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 235. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Im in the process of getting some BTC so i can get some Naut, just getting setup at this point.
I downloaded the OSX wallet yesterday and it synced relatively quick then i encrypted it (have no coin in there so not sure if i should have even bothered).

This is very important, and it is good that you did it. While you have no coin now, the wallet.dat file is the keys to your kinddom. You must protect it by:

1. Encrypting it with a strong password. Protect this password. Don't put it in a text file on your PC. If you do store it somewhere, make sure that is encrypted with another password, like in a password manager like LastPass or 1Password or Keepass.

2. Backing it up.

It sounds like you did step 1. Also make sure you do step 2.

So, yes, you are doing the correct things. Also, make sure you do step 2 often. Normally the wallet.dat isn't modified, but it might be if you do a spend. (I'm not sure if this wallet has additional change address pre-generted or not.) But, I re-back mine up after I do any spend and after I add any receive addresses or send addresses.

Also you can double-check your password is correct before sending coins, just try to send and it asks for your password. Might sound stupid but I saved the wrong password for my ltc wallet and it took me two days to figure out.

If you can unlock the wallet, then you have the correct password. But, yes, verify you can do that before you send any coins to one of your addresses.

Damn you guys beat me to that tip Smiley
Also make sure you backup every time you send something from your wallet. (This is has to do with how change addresses are managed)

are you sure? i don't think you have to back up after each transaction

yes back up after every transact.  or at least the first 3
Activity: 406
the 1 week and 3 day chart look magnificent
Activity: 448
Im in the process of getting some BTC so i can get some Naut, just getting setup at this point.
I downloaded the OSX wallet yesterday and it synced relatively quick then i encrypted it (have no coin in there so not sure if i should have even bothered).

This is very important, and it is good that you did it. While you have no coin now, the wallet.dat file is the keys to your kinddom. You must protect it by:

1. Encrypting it with a strong password. Protect this password. Don't put it in a text file on your PC. If you do store it somewhere, make sure that is encrypted with another password, like in a password manager like LastPass or 1Password or Keepass.

2. Backing it up.

So, yes, you are doing the correct things. Also, make sure you do step 2 often. Normally the wallet.dat isn't modified, but it might be if you do a spend. (I'm not sure if this wallet has additional change address pre-generted or not.) But, I re-back mine up after I do any spend and after I add any receive addresses or send addresses.

Also you can double-check your password is correct before sending coins, just try to send and it asks for your password. Might sound stupid but I saved the wrong password for my ltc wallet and it took me two days to figure out.

If you can unlock the wallet, then you have the correct password. But, yes, verify you can do that before you send any coins to one of your addresses.

Also make sure you backup every time you send something from your wallet. (This is has to do with how change addresses are managed)

are you sure? i don't think you have to back up after each transaction
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

2. Backing it up.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

2. Backing it up.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

2. Backing it up.

legendary
Hey all.

Complete beginner to crypto's here so be gentle.

Opened it today to sync it up again and it won't sync. It has been stuck on the same amount of blocks processed for quite some time.

My question:
Is this normal? Is it not syncing because i have encrypted it? I honestly have no idea and I'm the type of person who likes to always know what is going on.

Sorry if it a dumb question but any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks all

It's nothing to worry about, give it a while and it'll sync. We're going proof of stake to remedy this problem.

Thanks Doging, much appreciated

I hoping to buy some naut before proof of stake comes in….will it make a difference if i buy before or after?

It doesn't make a technical difference. Coins you buy now will also be yours after the fork to PoS.
legendary

2. Backing it up.

Hey all.

Opened it today to sync it up again and it won't sync. It has been stuck on the same amount of blocks processed for quite some time.

My question:
Is this normal? Is it not syncing because i have encrypted it? I honestly have no idea and I'm the type of person who likes to always know what is going on.

Thanks all

It's nothing to worry about, give it a while and it'll sync. We're going proof of stake to remedy this problem.

I hoping to buy some naut before proof of stake comes in….will it make a difference if i buy before or after?

We're dealing with high inflation while people are mining, tens of thousands of coins a day are pushing down the price.

Mintpal is probably your best bet now. Buy orders should still fill but if you want to get in and out wait for a low sell order and grab it.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
PoS Update

Hi all, its late on Thursday and I thought that we would have the final PoS product by now.  Actually, I was told we would have it by Tuesday, but I gave us a few more days since there have been issues already.

Since I set a (loose) date of today, I wanted to make sure I posted so that you all knew I was here.

We do not have the final product and I am extremely frustrated.  Integrity is the most valuable asset we have, especially in crypto - I do not like having to write that we are delayed...again...but this is the case.

I apologize for continually missing self imposed deadlines.  I will continue to update on the progress.

-BK

No pressure, BK.  We all know it's coming.  Don't listen to the loud minority that wants PoS RIGHT NOW.  These people need to take a deep breath.  Have a nice and relaxing weekend, BK.
Activity: 154
Hey all.

My question:

Thanks all

offcourse it makes a difference prices change all the time, i think most of us think POS will afect price in a positive way cause currently we are dealing with slow netword and supply vs. demand issue(actually not to put words in anyone's mouth this is my opinion)
Agreed. Also the addition of a PoS multipool will help push the price upwards, rather than downwards as is happening now. With the orderbook as thin as they are, a multipool providing even as little as 5 BTC of buying pressure every day will have quite a significant effect after a little while.
Hey all.

My question:

Thanks all

offcourse it makes a difference prices change all the time, i think most of us think POS will afect price in a positive way cause currently we are dealing with slow netword and supply vs. demand issue(actually not to put words in anyone's mouth this is my opinion)
Activity: 46
Hey all.

My question:

Thanks all

I'm still waiting for your solution?! How do we solve the "rich get richer problem"?

Well, greedy people don't get rich by not being evil, so yes that is a dilemma. But first of all we need to stop putting so much god damn societal importance on $$$$WEALTH$$$$.

Wealth is not the end all, be all of anything. It means nothing. I've met too many rich idiots in my lifetime to believe it means something. If you think money infers any sort of personal value, intelligence or force of righteousness in the universe, I have 2 words for you:

BERNIE MADOFF.

BTW -- ripping off other people is not "intelligent" behavior. If the world is a stupider place around you because of YOU, you're an idiot. I don't care how much money it makes you, you're a stupid human as you failed to advance environmental conditions for your species to thrive at a time when the norm was to try to do so.

Society has OK'd any bullshit behavior so long as its not flat out illegal and it nets you a profit. This has lead to a failure of capitalism. Instead of rewarding people for doing good, we reward them for figuring out how to make money, regardless of how its made... even if it kills us all (as is happening in the healthcare industry).

I had an idea for a coin where hashpower is capped and only has up to a certain positive correlation with successfully mining a block, meaning more hashrate /= more mined blocks and the playing field would be equalized a bit. Of course someone would eventually figure out a way to game the system but their profit would be minimized by having to run however many IP addresses, CPUs and miners in parallel.

The reality is there is no simple solution. Either the system will fix itself, or it will break or collapse. We ought to know anywhere between 6 months and 3 years from now.
Why are you posting here if you have nothing constructive or positive to say? Instead, you make rash generalizations that are irrelevant to the conversation. I disagree with much of what you say, but I have the decency to not hijack this thread for my own personal agenda. Nautiluscoin has a lot of good things going for it. Let's keep it that way.

yeah that guy picked the wrong forum "crypto is not claiming to save the world issues but only to try to better one of them"  said my "me" 7/18//2014 Smiley
Hey all.

My question:

Thanks all

Activity: 46
Hey all.

My question:

Thanks all

In the meantime lets focus on the multipool. Would promoting it on this thread be enough to encourage someone to set one up?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
PoS Update

Hi all, its late on Thursday and I thought that we would have the final PoS product by now.  Actually, I was told we would have it by Tuesday, but I gave us a few more days since there have been issues already.

Since I set a (loose) date of today, I wanted to make sure I posted so that you all knew I was here.

We do not have the final product and I am extremely frustrated.  Integrity is the most valuable asset we have, especially in crypto - I do not like having to write that we are delayed...again...but this is the case.

I apologize for continually missing self imposed deadlines.  I will continue to update on the progress.

-BK

BK

I think most of us here realize that your skill set is not in coding, nor micro managing programmers.  

We know you're learning as you go.  This is fine.  The value you bring to the table is of a different kind.    

I would suggest locking in a hard date at Block XXXXX.  Give it some time.  Say a fortnight?  This gives you time to test the product and all exchanges to be fully ready for the fork.  As you are quickly learning switching POW to POS is not easy.  There are a lot of ducks to line up.

Go with safe, rather than risk another sorry.      

Post a hard date, and then let us know the new 'specs'.

Wink
Activity: 29
I'm still waiting for your solution?! How do we solve the "rich get richer problem"?

Well, greedy people don't get rich by not being evil, so yes that is a dilemma. But first of all we need to stop putting so much god damn societal importance on $$$$WEALTH$$$$.

Wealth is not the end all, be all of anything. It means nothing. I've met too many rich idiots in my lifetime to believe it means something. If you think money infers any sort of personal value, intelligence or force of righteousness in the universe, I have 2 words for you:

BERNIE MADOFF.

BTW -- ripping off other people is not "intelligent" behavior. If the world is a stupider place around you because of YOU, you're an idiot. I don't care how much money it makes you, you're a stupid human as you failed to advance environmental conditions for your species to thrive at a time when the norm was to try to do so.

Society has OK'd any bullshit behavior so long as its not flat out illegal and it nets you a profit. This has lead to a failure of capitalism. Instead of rewarding people for doing good, we reward them for figuring out how to make money, regardless of how its made... even if it kills us all (as is happening in the healthcare industry).

I had an idea for a coin where hashpower is capped and only has up to a certain positive correlation with successfully mining a block, meaning more hashrate /= more mined blocks and the playing field would be equalized a bit. Of course someone would eventually figure out a way to game the system but their profit would be minimized by having to run however many IP addresses, CPUs and miners in parallel.

The reality is there is no simple solution. Either the system will fix itself, or it will break or collapse. We ought to know anywhere between 6 months and 3 years from now.
Why are you posting here if you have nothing constructive or positive to say? Instead, you make rash generalizations that are irrelevant to the conversation. I disagree with much of what you say, but I have the decency to not hijack this thread for my own personal agenda. Nautiluscoin has a lot of good things going for it. Let's keep it that way.
Activity: 201
PoS Update

-BK

Thanks for the update.  Curious to hear your thoughts about NY's proposed bitlicense and if it may change anything about your approach for the coin which is aiming towards Wall St.  I am very discouraged by Lawsky's proposal and feel it will drive most crypto innovation out of New York.
Jump to: