Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 233. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Damn guys, Bittrex had a higher volume of Naut than Mintpal today. I wonder if Mintpal really is on the way out, or if it's a temporary hiccup? Will be fun to see what happens in the next few weeks Smiley For some reason one very, very rarely see big buy- and sellwalls on Bittrex, even during high volume. Seems to me that coins that are predominately traded there are much, much more volatile. I'm not just talking about the shitcoins, but pretty much every coins that's mostly traded there. Anyone noticed to same thing?

you are right and i have a proof: last night someone filled my order on naut at 11k(sold down to 10k) while the price on cryptsy and mp was 18/19, me and few others got few cheap nauts(thanks to bittrex volatility)
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Yeah so the DGB devs are not doing this PoS upgrade I asked them. Who is?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is this suitable for a NAUT multipool? http://multipoolmining.com/
It would certainly work, but I think that we should have our own, sort of like Blackcoin has this (I know it's been posted a million times before, but it's really cool) http://blackcoinpool.com/dashboard It looks more professional, and we'd be able to tailor it to Naut a lot more.
Just thinking about POS and the possibility that your wallet will need to be unlocked for minting.

What about a simple security feature that lets you lock the nautilus app while your wallet is unlocked and earning NAUT?

I think I read something about creating a batch file for your PPC wallet which allows you to stake with a locked wallet.

A few other wallets have a feature that allows you to Unlock your wallet only for staking. So a PW will still be needed to send, but will stake.

Looks like this: http://puu.sh/aix0n/00b5294408.png

The current Naut wallet is up to date so I'd imagine the POS wallet will have that feature. All POS should.
Very important post. Thanks!
Activity: 1036
Activity: 534
Just thinking about POS and the possibility that your wallet will need to be unlocked for minting.

What about a simple security feature that lets you lock the nautilus app while your wallet is unlocked and earning NAUT?

I think I read something about creating a batch file for your PPC wallet which allows you to stake with a locked wallet.

A few other wallets have a feature that allows you to Unlock your wallet only for staking. So a PW will still be needed to send, but will stake.

The current Naut wallet is up to date so I'd imagine the POS wallet will have that feature. All POS should.

Ah! cheers for posting that.  good news. hoping the new naut wallet has this.

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Damn guys, Bittrex had a higher volume of Naut than Mintpal today. I wonder if Mintpal really is on the way out, or if it's a temporary hiccup? Will be fun to see what happens in the next few weeks Smiley For some reason one very, very rarely see big buy- and sellwalls on Bittrex, even during high volume. Seems to me that coins that are predominately traded there are much, much more volatile. I'm not just talking about the shitcoins, but pretty much every coins that's mostly traded there. Anyone noticed to same thing?

I was thinking the exact same thing, I love mintpal but perhaps it's time to focus on trading at bittrex. Coins tend to be fairly stable by the time they hit mint (in crypto terms) and people will dump stable coins to get on the next "X10 coin" on bittrex. I like their limit orders but not sure about leaving too much on there, mintpal seemed pretty secure until VRC fail.

He said he wanted people to be rewarded for blocking trolls on social media. That's the excuse governments use to shut down fair criticism, just call them trolls. It sets a dangerous precedent as we've seen with NSA revelations and look what happened to reddit.

Crypto is the wild west and doesn't look very self regulated to me, would be nice if people called out proven scammers but many don't and they continue scamming.

Some regulation stops real slimeballs robbing people blind. I'm not saying I agree with the proposed bitcoin regulations but that's a sweeping statement to make.

OK, I accept your point. But its a very careful line to walk on, and I don't trust people with connections to what is undoubtedly the world's biggest source of problems to guide a very important regulatory process.

By this point self-regulation has proved very fruitful for bitcoin. There's no need to drag the system back to an outdated, destructive way of doing things. This isn't just rhetoric, it is fact- and evidence-based history.

The banking system and basically 10 third parties having to get a cut in order for you to exist is an unsustainable way of doing things, thusly bitcoin and cryptocurrency was necessitated.

And Andreas wasn't asking for the government to enact regulation on his behalf. He was talking about implementing a coin with "Proof of Blocking" or whatever method of distribution he was using as an example, which you can take it or leave it.

If world governments begin to enact regulation with regards to bitcoin, you can bet there will be developers on top of the issue finding ways to skirt the regulation on Day 1. There already are. This is because regulation is the antithesis of cryptocurrency.

I believe in free speech even though it's illegal in my country. I don't see much difference between a proof of blocking reward and government paying mods to censor things they don't agree with. Someone comes up with "well meaning" technology and it ends up being used by people that want control over us, that's how it works. "won't somebody think of the children" and "save the poor women from the trolls" are two of our governments favorite arguments for censorship and surveillance of innocent people. They'd probably end up paying their army of mods in that coin.

If btc was traded here with no regulation criminals would use it to their advantage, the police would end up getting pissed off and they'd just ban it. The press would make out it's strictly for criminals and the country would swallow their lies. I know how regulation leads to monopolies but you don't have to follow their rules with crypto. I can see a middleground we can all live with, who cares about regs unless you want to use centralized exchanges or shift hundreds of thousands of dollars worth?

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

He said he wanted people to be rewarded for blocking trolls on social media. That's the excuse governments use to shut down fair criticism, just call them trolls. It sets a dangerous precedent as we've seen with NSA revelations and look what happened to reddit.

Crypto is the wild west and doesn't look very self regulated to me, would be nice if people called out proven scammers but many don't and they continue scamming.

Some regulation stops real slimeballs robbing people blind. I'm not saying I agree with the proposed bitcoin regulations but that's a sweeping statement to make.

OK, I accept your point. But its a very careful line to walk on, and I don't trust people with connections to what is undoubtedly the world's biggest source of problems to guide a very important regulatory process.

By this point self-regulation has proved very fruitful for bitcoin. There's no need to drag the system back to an outdated, destructive way of doing things. This isn't just rhetoric, it is fact- and evidence-based history.

The banking system and basically 10 third parties having to get a cut in order for you to exist is an unsustainable way of doing things, thusly bitcoin and cryptocurrency was necessitated.

And Andreas wasn't asking for the government to enact regulation on his behalf. He was talking about implementing a coin with "Proof of Blocking" or whatever method of distribution he was using as an example, which you can take it or leave it.

If world governments begin to enact regulation with regards to bitcoin, you can bet there will be developers on top of the issue finding ways to skirt the regulation on Day 1. There already are. This is because regulation is the antithesis of cryptocurrency.
I just got an email that AGX.io is closing. That's too bad... it was a good exchange with responsive team. I just don't think they ever recovered from the hack shortly after they went live.

Shame they didn't stick it out, seemed a legitimate setup.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I just got an email that AGX.io is closing. That's too bad... it was a good exchange with responsive team. I just don't think they ever recovered from the hack shortly after they went live.

Watching this video, he thinks being rewarded for censoring social media is a good thing. Anti regulation guy wants to regulate social media... Reddit must love him.

What? I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Anyway, decent, honest, hardworking people don't need the regulation. We will regulate the community ourselves.

Only slimeballs who insist on tilting the rules in their favor need regulation.

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

Watching this video, he thinks being rewarded for censoring social media is a good thing. Anti regulation guy wants to regulate social media... Reddit must love him.

What? I don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Anyway, decent, honest, hardworking people don't need the regulation. We will regulate the community ourselves.

Only slimeballs who insist on tilting the rules in their favor need regulation.
http://multipoolmining.com/ has two spare slots for coin payouts.

It might be worth using them until we get a dedicated one built. Their hashrate isn't too high so we could make a difference if we rented some rigs. They also pay out in sync and are currently only scrypt and X11.

Not sure what the bounty we'd need for a dedicated multipool, the price seems to vary a lot.
It could be the new mintpal  Cheesy

Jump to: