Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 231. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 1009
Merit: 261
rat4, the principal BlackCoin dev, has helped out a number of coins with the POW/POS transition. It might be worth seeking him out if the NAUT dev is having difficulties.

BlackCoin is about to hit the block that sees it transfer to rat4's POS2.0 upgrade. It might be worth NAUT looking into the implications of these changes and adopting them. I think it would be helpful to both parties to advertise as widely as possible the adoption of a more secure protocol.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
*drums*announcing*

Today, my investment in NAUT reached the epic loss of 33%.

Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
ive sold out this shit is ridiculous

for posterity...

Current price .10 USD
Activity: 195
I would be willing to do the community manager stuff.

You are active enough, that is for sure.

That is why I offered

i support this notion
Activity: 238

That is why I I offered

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)
NftgUJjAWDcbCHNpEQD2ASGG5PhP36yVuk

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

Activity: 238
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
In the interest of transparency, why are the actual Dev's for this coin still unknown?  I could understand if this was like RZR, but for a coin that was started by Brian Kelly who appears to be on board with the whole notion of Bitlicenses, I find it very counter intuitive that we don't know the specific devs working on POS.  What are the specific technical issues preventing POS conversion?
+99

"very counter intuitive that we don't know the specifics"

1. what are the specs
2. who are the coders
3. when does it happen

I see nothing since "sorry" says BK, correct? 

Digibytes adds, "If all else fails we will be here to support NAUT."  digibytes also adds, 1. fight the power 2. learn to code 3. have some patience ... okay ... but that reads like "Help can any one in NAUT code???"

But the kicker is Seaman, he is being public and yet the reply is "-nada-"

And the idea of a community manager is a must.  BK and digibytes still need to speak in regular intervals, but if they have answered the question already the CM can restate it.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
i can see 2 ghs hitting the network!! where are those pools? are there any active pools with more than 400mhs?
Activity: 448
In the interest of transparency, why are the actual Dev's for this coin still unknown?  I could understand if this was like RZR, but for a coin that was started by Brian Kelly who appears to be on board with the whole notion of Bitlicenses, I find it very counter intuitive that we don't know the specific devs working on POS.  What are the specific technical issues preventing POS conversion?

we know who is behind the coin , it's Brian and he hires devs, why should we care who works on as long as it's done...

Because it's not done, and the developer sounds like he is just stringing BK along with false deadlines

i do think he's getting runaround from dev and he's frustrated as well which makes me think he's working on a solution.
hey what can we do but wait, i don't like it that weeks keep passing but i still like the fact that we have a person behind a coin unlike most other shitcoins..
Activity: 78
Merit: 10

we know who is behind the coin , it's Brian and he hires devs, why should we care who works on as long as it's done...

Because it's not done, and the developer sounds like he is just stringing BK along with false deadlines
Activity: 448

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

I agree. I am wondering the same thing. While switching from pure PoW to pure PoS on the same chain is difficult it shouldnt be this time consuming. The amount of time and false confidence on release dates makes me think this dev doesnt know how to do it specifically and it resorting to trial and error.
Activity: 201
This is just my personal opinion, but i think we should find the best working pOs code that ALREADY exists (blackcoin?)  and straight up copy their code.   Then, get weiner, yapp, and the devs to comb through the code, clean it up, check for bugs, and add improvements.
It's a little more complicated than that unfortunately Sad Since we're on a PoW chain we need to transfer everything over to a PoS chain, and I suspect that is what's so complicated.

Well all you would need to do is fork some coin like BC, and start a brand new coin with it. That is easy. The harder part is taking a snapshot of this NAUT chain and having people transfer their balance. Not as hard as this dev is making this. I know devs that have done it multiple times.
Interesting. Which devs are we talking about?

I would like to ask the devs before I mention them but you should check out things done with PTS they do what I am talking about often. If BK wants to try this instead I will happily find the right people. Before that we just need an update on the progress to be honest.
Activity: 1036
I just wanted to post this tweet from David here, as I think it's absolutely brilliant:
https://twitter.com/d_seaman/status/490867452578758656
David Seaman
@BrianKellyBK Bitcoin has MIT. Why not give some Yale or Harvard freshmen a certain # of NAUTs? Or, more egalitarian, any college student

Imagine if everyone in a computerscience\business\etc class was given 1000 Naut. First of all it would be a nice little PR move, secondly it would get several of them interested in working to build the Naut infrastructure, and thirdly it would just be a very nice thing to do Smiley Maybe this could be our next community project?

I would love to see that happen, this project needs new blood.
This is just my personal opinion, but i think we should find the best working pOs code that ALREADY exists (blackcoin?)  and straight up copy their code.   Then, get weiner, yapp, and the devs to comb through the code, clean it up, check for bugs, and add improvements.
It's a little more complicated than that unfortunately Sad Since we're on a PoW chain we need to transfer everything over to a PoS chain, and I suspect that is what's so complicated.

Well all you would need to do is fork some coin like BC, and start a brand new coin with it. That is easy. The harder part is taking a snapshot of this NAUT chain and having people transfer their balance. Not as hard as this dev is making this. I know devs that have done it multiple times.
Interesting. Which devs are we talking about?

Jump to: