Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 236. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
PoS Update

Hi all, its late on Thursday and I thought that we would have the final PoS product by now.  Actually, I was told we would have it by Tuesday, but I gave us a few more days since there have been issues already.

Since I set a (loose) date of today, I wanted to make sure I posted so that you all knew I was here.

We do not have the final product and I am extremely frustrated.  Integrity is the most valuable asset we have, especially in crypto - I do not like having to write that we are delayed...again...but this is the case.

I apologize for continually missing self imposed deadlines.  I will continue to update on the progress.

-BK

Sounds good to me, will allow me to get some more coins cheap until then.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
PoS Update

Hi all, its late on Thursday and I thought that we would have the final PoS product by now.  Actually, I was told we would have it by Tuesday, but I gave us a few more days since there have been issues already.

Since I set a (loose) date of today, I wanted to make sure I posted so that you all knew I was here.

We do not have the final product and I am extremely frustrated.  Integrity is the most valuable asset we have, especially in crypto - I do not like having to write that we are delayed...again...but this is the case.

I apologize for continually missing self imposed deadlines.  I will continue to update on the progress.

-BK

BK, I get the impression that when you speak to the "Dev" for feedback, instead of giving you the truth, he is telling you what you want to hear. Now I know it can be problematic moving over to POS, hell I even said that it would not be ready before the fight, but the Dev should be aware of this as well. I would have thought at this stage of the project, he would be giving you a more accurate time line.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

People don't get rich by getting interest from a bank, they get rich by being highly productive and adding huge value to the economy.

I'm sorry, I disagree with this. This is the lesson that Wall Street and Uncle Sam wants you to learn. However, having been an adult involved with "real business" for over a decade now, I am quite certain there is extremely little correlation between _actual_ productivity and wealth.

If there was, plumbers, farmers, construction workers, miners (who work in actual mines) and garbage men would get paid the most. These are people who really bust their ass and _actually_ work hard all day long performing _actual work_.

Most business is a fucking joke. I work as a healthcare fraud analyst and I'll be the first to admit the entire healthcare industry (in America) is a sick joke where people die at the end.

If you work in an office or sit in front of a computer all day, you know nothing of hard work, stop pretending like you do.

Moving around numbers from one bucket to another, lunch meetings with people with plastic smiles and fancy suits, trying to out-think, out-maneuver or out-sleazeball your competition -- none of this is ACTUAL work.

Its "new work" we made up for ourselves to make ourselves feel important as we slowly collapse the rest of society which we ironically need to sustain inordinately spoiled lifestyles.

I'm still waiting for your solution?! How do we solve the "rich get richer problem"?
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

People don't get rich by getting interest from a bank, they get rich by being highly productive and adding huge value to the economy.

I'm sorry, I disagree with this. This is the lesson that Wall Street and Uncle Sam wants you to learn. However, having been an adult involved with "real business" for over a decade now, I am quite certain there is extremely little correlation between _actual_ productivity and wealth.

If there was, plumbers, farmers, construction workers, miners (who work in actual mines) and garbage men would get paid the most. These are people who really bust their ass and _actually_ work hard all day long performing _actual work_.

Most business is a fucking joke. I work as a healthcare fraud analyst and I'll be the first to admit the entire healthcare industry (in America) is a sick joke where people die at the end.

If you work in an office or sit in front of a computer all day, you know nothing of hard work, stop pretending like you do.

Moving around numbers from one bucket to another, lunch meetings with people with plastic smiles and fancy suits, trying to out-think, out-maneuver or out-sleazeball your competition -- none of this is ACTUAL work.

Its "new work" we made up for ourselves to make ourselves feel important as we slowly collapse the rest of society which we ironically need to sustain inordinately spoiled lifestyles.
Activity: 1036

OK. You're a billionaire. You put a billion dollars into a Bank of America savings account. They give you an interest rate of 2% per year. You close the account after 1 year with an extra $20,000,000 interest.

You now are rich on 2% a year.

$20,000,000 IS rich. Even next to 1 billion. Its not a matter of relativity. Its already been scientifically demonstrated that money stops buying happiness at about $70k a year; everything after that is just people attempting to make up for their personal shortcomings.

If you accumulated too much NAUT people would abandon the currency as it wouldn't be decentralized. It has to work for all of us or it won't work at all, nobody is forcing us to use it like they do fiat.
legendary
PoS Update

-BK

Sorry to hear that. As I said, you couldn't win by giving a date. In the long run, another 1 day or 10 days won't make too much of a difference.
legendary

OK. You're a billionaire. You put a billion dollars into a Bank of America savings account. They give you an interest rate of 2% per year. You close the account after 1 year with an extra $20,000,000 interest.

$20,000,000 IS rich. Even next to 1 billion. Its not a matter of relativity. Its already been scientifically demonstrated that money stops buying happiness at about $70k a year; everything after that is just people attempting to make up for their personal shortcomings.

whether rich get richer has nothing to do with goal of crypto which is decentralized currency(my opinion)

I disagree. What good is crypto if it maintains the greatest disparity in wealth that the world has ever seen?

So, what do you propose. If the interest is HIGHER, those with more money just get more. Or, do you think people with less stake should get higher rewards?
legendary

I submit if you had a billion $'s to put into the bank, you were rich already. So, while 2% of that is a huge amount to someone that is poor, it is nothing to someone that has a billion $'s.

So, your example is flawed. People don't get rich by getting interest from a bank, they get rich by being highly productive and adding huge value to the economy. (I'm not counting people that fell out of a rich crotch or won the lottery. This is why I favor the 0% tax rate btw).
Activity: 210
PoS Update

-BK
legendary

whether rich get richer has nothing to do with goal of crypto which is decentralized currency(my opinion)

I disagree. What good is crypto if it maintains the greatest disparity in wealth that the world has ever seen?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

legendary

legendary

No one is getting rich on 2% a year.

You're absolutely wrong.
legendary
but you have to admit seaman is fond of it speaks up and tweets about it and that is good , more eyes on it, but we really need this POS ann and transition asap.. well isn't Thursday tomorrow? let's hope we wont have wait another 2-3weeks

True dat. I suppose any press is good press.

Not that it matters but I'm not on board with the whole PoS fad... So... you're just paying out interest, rewarding people for holding their coins... How is this any different from our current financial system where the rich get richer by virtue of being rich?

I thought the point of crypto was to get away from the obviously unfair playing field that had been created by the dollar.

I like NAUT based on the simple fact that its connection to Brian Kelly makes it more likely to get noticed by Wall Street. On the other hand, I kind of hope Wall Street keeps its distance from crypto and doesn't try to lobby for legislation that would once again give them the upper hand in a field of finance. All the novelty and usefulness of cryptocurrency would go right out the window.

I know its a paradoxical stance but such is life.

No one is getting rich on 2% a year.
but you have to admit seaman is fond of it speaks up and tweets about it and that is good , more eyes on it, but we really need this POS ann and transition asap.. well isn't Thursday tomorrow? let's hope we wont have wait another 2-3weeks

Not that it matters but I'm not on board with the whole PoS fad... So... you're just paying out interest, rewarding people for holding their coins... How is this any different from our current financial system where the rich get richer by virtue of being rich?

I thought the point of crypto was to get away from the obviously unfair playing field that had been created by the dollar.

I like NAUT based on the simple fact that its connection to Brian Kelly makes it more likely to get noticed by Wall Street. On the other hand, I kind of hope Wall Street keeps its distance from crypto and doesn't try to lobby for legislation that would once again give them the upper hand in a field of finance. All the novelty and usefulness of cryptocurrency would go right out the window.

I think POS is a small part of what BK wants NAUT to be, it's just been a real issue with the digishield/inflation problem.
legendary

Activity: 448
The NAUT has some matter?
Can not transfer coin .................................

please correct it soon.

it's just a slow network so don't worry coins will get to their destination, it should be fixed with transition to POS
Activity: 119
The NAUT has some matter?
Can not transfer coin .................................

please correct it soon.
Activity: 406
honestly support doesn't mean much to me, usually it gets dumped on.

Books look like someone is ready to run it up a bit.

If you go to wisdom and turn on your mac d, start with the 1 week chart, then click 3d and then 1 day, I assume thats the path the 1week macd will follow
Jump to: