Author

Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!! - page 962. (Read 2085654 times)

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
Why NAV price is still slowly dying?
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
legendary
just to be sure: os x version is still 2.0.3 even after update?
it's staking and works, but it tells me to be 2.0.3...

thx in advance...

Where did you download? Sure you have the new downloaded? Strange because when I started it says 2.04

i downloaded from the link posted here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kaoipph7yp2ima/Navajocoin-Qt.dmg?dl=0 .

the wallet changed sligtly and is working flawlessly, but shows in the "about" segment the following: NavajoCoin Version v2.0.3.0-UT-ZAH

hope everything is how it should

Mine is NavajoCoin Version v2.0.4.0-UT-ZAH

Same here 2.0.4.0 UT ZAH Downloaded from link in this thread (Not website)

just to be sure. could you please post the link here?
thx.

WINDOWS WALLET LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9l59fp2npg3yhn/NavajoCoin%202.0.4%20Windows%20Wallet%20HARDFORK%20Update2.zip?dl=0
Activity: 134
Merit: 100

thx in advance...

Where did you download? Sure you have the new downloaded? Strange because when I started it says 2.04

i downloaded from the link posted here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kaoipph7yp2ima/Navajocoin-Qt.dmg?dl=0 .

the wallet changed sligtly and is working flawlessly, but shows in the "about" segment the following: NavajoCoin Version v2.0.3.0-UT-ZAH

just to be sure. could you please post the link here?
thx.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
They walk among us...

thx in advance...

strange.

and you downloaded the wallet from the website?

thx
legendary

thx in advance...

thx in advance...

legendary
Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

thx in advance...

thx in advance...
legendary
Activity: 1050

Also who ever has not updated to the new wallets this is a must http://navajocoin.org/wallets as old old wallets do not work now.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9698029

Latest version

Activity: 794
Merit: 510
NavCoin Founder
I've just had a play from command line and it seems like the steps are the same as above, except for step 8 you can run the following command from the initial navajocoin directory:

8. qmake NavajoCoin-qt.pro -r -spec linux-g++-64 USE_UPNP=-

9. make -f Makefile USE_UPNP =-

I think you'll need to install QT creator to get the qmake command to work, as well as the QT default libraries. I can't quite remember, it's been ages since i setup a fresh environment.

Have a crack at it and if you can't get it working, we'll get Shahim on the case and write up some official guides for the website.

Cheers

NavCoin Founder
That's a great idea to sign the zip files. I'll discuss it with the other guys and try work this into our next release cycle.

In terms of compiling for linux, there's no zip, you can clone the source from Soopy's github: https://github.com/sherlockcoin/navajocoin

Here's some compiling instructions Shahim wrote for Raspberry Pi, which should hopefully be similar to what you require:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9545993

The main guts of the instructions are:

Quote from: Shahim
1. apt-get update

2. apt-get install libdb++-dev

3. apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev libboost-all-dev git

4. git clone http://www.Github.com/sherlockcoin/navajocoin

5. cd navajocoin/src

6. mkdir obj

7. chmod 755 leveldb/build_detect_platform

8. make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

That should make the navajocoind daemon. Never tried on a arm but should work.
You should have now a file called "navajocoind" in src folder. That is your wallet.

You need to create a ".summercoinv2" folder in (I guess) /root/ and put the summercoinv2.conf there. You can also try to copy the blockchain data into that folder... could work out. Just try to start. If it works you can try with your wallet.

I'm not entirely sure what the steps are to compile the GUI wallet from command line like this. I use QT editor to compile the GUI on Ubuntu. If you use QT editor, make sure you go into the project build settings and in the build steps drop down, add the additional argument "USE_UPNP=-". I've also found it necessary on my setup to loosen the permissions of the whole navajocoin folder and its recursive directories so that when the project compiles it can make directories and over write files if necessary.

I'll talk to Shahim when he's online and see if he can write some steps to compile the linux GUI wallet from command line for you since he's our resident linux expert.

Hopefully this helps for now.

Cheers,
Pakage.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Thanks, Pakage. You must have been answering while I was editing in that last line (gnu/linux, ubuntu, trusty, openbox, 64 bit). I'm not scared of compiling. I'm a cryptocurrency-noob, not an IT-noob. But I am a little surprised, and a wee bit concerned, that there is no gpg/pgp signed hash for the zip. I would think a community interested in this kind of software would be more security conscious. Not just because it's dealing with something very similar to money, but also because it is something that threatens the self-interests of the powers that be. Am I missing something?
NavCoin Founder
Total noob to cryptocurrencies here. I've skimmed through this thread a bit and couldn't find what I'm after. But it is a reeeeally big-ass thread. [For those of you not familiar with SRM (Standard Redneck Measurements) units "big-ass" is twice the size of "humongous".] I have spent hours with a search engine too. Is there a straight forward step-by-step set of instructions on how to get set up and running with this?

You know, something like:
   1-Get so-and-so's pgp public key at somewebsite.org
   2-Download the wallet blah, blah.
   3-Get the signed hash somewhere.
   4-Verify.
   5-Extract in this directory.
   6-Run these commands.
      . . . etc.

I haven't found a wiki or anything like that. I want to support this as more for moral/ideological/political reasons than any other. Thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

Hi Sam, we're more than happy to help. And yes this thread is really 2*humongous  Grin

Installation is pretty straight forward. What operating system are you using? Mac OSX, Windows (XP,7,8) or a Linux distribution?

You can download the wallet for your particular operating system from our website: http://www.navajocoin.org/wallets

If you're on Windows, all you should need to do is to extract the downloaded file to whichever file location you choose on your local machine and then run the navajocoin-qt.exe file.

If you're on Mac, just open the Navajocoin-Qt.dmg file and drag the NavajoCoin-Qt application from the dmg to whichever file location you choose on your local machine then double click the application to run it.

The wallet may instantly crash when it is first run on a new system if it can't find the navajocoin database file. This will be created on first run, so if it crashes, just open it a second time and it should work.

Once the wallet is running, it will take some time (probably hours) to fully synchronise with the Navajo network. It has to download and verify every transaction in the block chain till it is up to date which does take a while.

If you're on Linux, there is a lot more work to do as you have to compile the wallet for your particular system. I wouldn't recommend this option for new users.

Perhaps it would be a good idea if we were to write up some basic instructions on this page of the website for new users like yourself.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,
Pakage
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Total noob to cryptocurrencies here. I've skimmed through this thread a bit and couldn't find what I'm after. But it is a reeeeally big-ass thread. [For those of you not familiar with SRM (Standard Redneck Measurements) units "big-ass" is twice the size of "humongous".] I have spent hours with a search engine too. Is there a straight forward step-by-step set of instructions on how to get set up and running with this?

You know, something like:
   1-Get so-and-so's pgp public key at somewebsite.org
   2-Download the wallet blah, blah.
   3-Get the signed hash somewhere.
   4-Verify.
   5-Extract in this directory.
   6-Run these commands.
      . . . etc.

I haven't found a wiki or anything like that. I want to support this as more for moral/ideological/political reasons than any other. Thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

I'm on a 64 bit gnu/linux btw. Ubuntu Trusty without all the usual bling. Plain openbox environment.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Well said man and you are right with everything you say!  I just wanted to make sure this was being taken seriously and then got a little bit offended at a couple of the rah rah posts right after saying everything was "PERFECT" with the wallet.......it was not too long ago I was brand spanking new to this or as most people call us.....a noob.  With all the viruses and people trying to rip others off all over the place, keeping our offline wallets locked up tight with really good passwords, keeping fresh backups of our wallets etc., is huge deal.  This minor issue with the wallet leaves novices to this tech a bit unprotected and so although this is NO problem or big deal for me and most others here......I wanted to make sure we were looking out for them.

The dev handled this well and PM'ed assuring this was being taken care, my responses were more towards the people brushing this off as nothing with their responses.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Everybody take a breath Tongue

@IMJim - Im sure the team has the button fix on the list. Crypto is still in it's infancy and requires due diligence on the users part. The button issue has been mentioned many times and hopefully anyone with a significant amount of coins is keeping up with the thread. NAV has a great community of which you are a part of so thanks for looking out for others.

@cactus jack - Seriously, don't waste your times fudding up this thread. All of us that are into NAV are way in and consider the dev team one of the best in the business. Your fud is seriously falling on deaf ears. Be smart jack, buy a 100k or so and check back in a year Smiley
legendary
Just stop posting man, you are speaking nonsense dude!  I have NEVER had any of my posts deleted here and have brought MANY uncomfortable to talk about "talks" on here as you put them.  As I said, show some god damn respect and MAYBE people would want to "discuss" things with you.

You do realize just how STUPID you look making posts like you are with a BRAND NEW account right.....in case you don't, REALLY REALLY stupid!  It's also a COMPLETE waste of your time as NOBODY will listen to anything like this from a brand new account.

Just go away, you have made it VERY clear you don't like the dev team or the coin......WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN......dumb, dumb and dumb again!
legendary
Dude, you are outline pal!!  Come on here with your brand new account calling the dev a moron.......you are the moron with your single little one post.

You're not helping anyone including yourself........just be gone man.  As anyone can quite CLEARLY see, these devs do NOT do what you claim they do.  You see my previous posts, they are not exactly positive and are they are NOT being deleted, show some fucking respect at least or your posts SHOULD be deleted!
Jump to: