Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NERVA: Cryptonight for solo CPU miners. ASIC, GPU, NiceHash resistant - page 10. (Read 28281 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
OP is it accurate to say this is GPU resistant when you've based your implementation on Monero, Masari and Alloy - all of which are GPU minable? What CPU specific functions have you implemented that make a GPU miner difficult to implement? Would a solo GPU miner not be possible?
Activity: 83
When did XNV appear in tradeogre?
Waiting???
Activity: 103
3 days and 1 hours 0 blocks
speed 100h/s
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
you said what now?
how many coins can you get with a cpu i5 and 8gigas of memory the project is recent someone has the link to pool for windows

You'll probably land a block every couple / few days if the hash & diff stay stable. As for a pool; this is a solo mined coin only (and CPU only for that matter as well). The 'Cryptonight Adaptive' PoW algorithm is unique to Nerva and encourages serious decentralization.

Download the wallet (listed in the 1st post in this ANN), open the Daemon and start mining Smiley Best of luck and welcome to Nerva!
you said what now?
tradeogre.com
This exchange can not be considered

Why would TradeOgre not want to be considered? They do some pretty good volume and are a great next-step for young coins such as Nerva.
Activity: 83
tradeogre.com
This exchange can not be considered
Activity: 24
how many coins can you get with a cpu i5 and 8gigas of memory the project is recent someone has the link to pool for windows
Activity: 12
Block explorer:
http://explorer.getnerva.org

The high hashrate is because a couple of people have pointed big servers at it.

Youpool.io does not have a pool for it.

Feel free to join us on the discord if you have any queries. You will get a faster response there

200KH/s - impossible to solo mine from daemon now - someone has a pool
Please help us out dev

J

it's 868Kh/s now
Activity: 266
Devs are the leading researchers in France and China, they have the best ideas to make them, good luck!
Egretia
you said what now?
copper member
Activity: 23
Hi

I'm new to mining (starting this week) just a bit of hobby to pass the time. I have started mining NERVA and followed the simple guide post earlier for win 10. It has been going for about 24hrs and my wallet shows 0.0000000000. I get that solo is a slow process but compare to other mining i have tried this week normally after a day at least some of the zeros have changed.

Admittedly i am using win 7 not 10 but it seems to be working. I have triple checked the wallet address. Is they a way i check its doing the right thing other than the status option?

Cheers!

Hey there! What is your hashrate it shows when you type status? If you have a hashrate it should be working as far as I know. Don't get discouraged; the thing with mining this coin is that you won't find blocks very often, but when you do it's a big payout; the current block reward is ~65 coins (and total supply is 18 mil). My hashrate is about 370 h/s and I'm finding pretty much 1 block a day on average. So from there you might be able to get an estimate of how long to expect to find a block (for example, with 185 h/s or half of my hashrate, you might expect roughly 1 block every 2 days. Remember this is an average so luck plays a factor; you could easily go a few days without a block, and then find a few in one day sort of thing.

That being said, I just checked and the network hashrate is currently at 1.2 mh/s, which is roughly twice what it was when I wrote the guide a couple days ago.. though it tends to fluctuate a fair bit, the network is definitely growing fast. This just means there are twice as many people trying to mine the same amount of available coins, so you might only find blocks about half as often as I said above, because your portion of the networks hashrate is less, therefore your portion of the rewards will be less.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions consider joining the discord channel, there are plenty of people who know much more than me who are willing to help people out, and the dev is very active there and helpful as well  Wink

Thanks for this explanation... if i mine with 2 computers on one i.p. that have each about 60 hashes (old computers from 2006) how are my changes?..can i count it as one worker with 120 hashes or 2 workers with 60 hashes?
I hope that u know what i want to say..it's hard to explain because my english is not that great
In theory it should be the same chance to find blocks whether its 1x120 or 2x60. Based on my estimates above, I would expect very roughly 2 maybe 3 blocks a week on average for you, or 1 every 2-3 days (across both machines together not each), also the network hashrate dropped a bit and is only 800kh now, so it should be slightly easier to find blocks atm.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Is there any link to your website or some whitepaper that we can learn about this project?
As I can say that understanding more about a project could give another strength to work with the project Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I think XNV can open up a new field with its own advantage algorithm, just like XMR, open the initial state of the algorithm.
you said what now?
copper member
Activity: 23
Hi

I'm new to mining (starting this week) just a bit of hobby to pass the time. I have started mining NERVA and followed the simple guide post earlier for win 10. It has been going for about 24hrs and my wallet shows 0.0000000000. I get that solo is a slow process but compare to other mining i have tried this week normally after a day at least some of the zeros have changed.

Admittedly i am using win 7 not 10 but it seems to be working. I have triple checked the wallet address. Is they a way i check its doing the right thing other than the status option?

Cheers!

Hey there! What is your hashrate it shows when you type status? If you have a hashrate it should be working as far as I know. Don't get discouraged; the thing with mining this coin is that you won't find blocks very often, but when you do it's a big payout; the current block reward is ~65 coins (and total supply is 18 mil). My hashrate is about 370 h/s and I'm finding pretty much 1 block a day on average. So from there you might be able to get an estimate of how long to expect to find a block (for example, with 185 h/s or half of my hashrate, you might expect roughly 1 block every 2 days. Remember this is an average so luck plays a factor; you could easily go a few days without a block, and then find a few in one day sort of thing.

That being said, I just checked and the network hashrate is currently at 1.2 mh/s, which is roughly twice what it was when I wrote the guide a couple days ago.. though it tends to fluctuate a fair bit, the network is definitely growing fast. This just means there are twice as many people trying to mine the same amount of available coins, so you might only find blocks about half as often as I said above, because your portion of the networks hashrate is less, therefore your portion of the rewards will be less.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions consider joining the discord channel, there are plenty of people who know much more than me who are willing to help people out, and the dev is very active there and helpful as well  Wink
you said what now?
As we seem to be a rapidly growing community, feel free to visit us and subscribe to our subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nerva/
Activity: 12
Solo mining only is a great way to promote Decentralization. Really excited about this project - plus the Dev has submitted applications to TradeOgre and Altex, so it'll be nice to see an exchange listing soon!
Is solo mining not just the opposite of decentralization? because a few people getting more coins?
Activity: 2
Hi

Cheers!
Activity: 98
I have not seen any blockchain software company before. Lets see if it will be succesful
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
behind the success there is hard work of the team. It proves that nothing better than seal.seal provides the best ease and solution on the authenticity of the product because it is safe and effective. good project, success always for seal
Pages:
Jump to: