Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NERVA: Cryptonight for solo CPU miners. ASIC, GPU, NiceHash resistant - page 12. (Read 28288 times)

copper member
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Yes, the difficulty has increased dramatically as this coin is becoming more and more popular.
It is already virtually impossible to find a block as a solo miner on a home pc, even with a decent cpu.

It sounds like one of the goals for this coin is to make it accessible to everyone with a pc, you even said "Everyone with a PC has a CPU, everyone with a PC can mine NERVA."
If that is the goal for this coin, I feel that pools are necessary, because as it is now, the only people who are finding blocks are those with giant cpu mining farms, powerful servers, etc.
Getting 1 nerva a day from a pool would be better than throwing hashes into the air and never finding a block.
I know its still possible to find the occasional block, but this coin is so new, the hashrate/difficulty will only keep increasing if/when it gets more attention, this problem is only going to get worse until only those with cpu farms can bother mining it.

I agree that solo mining is a nice idea to avoid centralization from pools etc, but I feel like it is impractical and will not help the coin in the long run.
The only other option I can see would be to dramatically reduce both block time and reward per block, but I'm not sure if that is an effective solution or even actually feasible, and even if it were, would eventually lead to the same situation we have now anyways once the difficulty increases enough, unless the block time itself was somehow systematically reduced with difficulty..

Anyways I am very excited for this project, and I hope you can take the time to read my thoughts and consider adding support for pools for this coin, or perhaps creating a bounty for someone else to make it possible.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Block explorer:
http://explorer.getnerva.org

The high hashrate is because a couple of people have pointed big servers at it.

Youpool.io does not have a pool for it.

Feel free to join us on the discord if you have any queries. You will get a faster response there

200KH/s - impossible to solo mine from daemon now - someone has a pool
Please help us out dev

J
Activity: 12
Block explorer:
http://explorer.getnerva.org

The high hashrate is because a couple of people have pointed big servers at it.

Youpool.io does not have a pool for it.

Feel free to join us on the discord if you have any queries. You will get a faster response there
Activity: 8
Activity: 541
Merit: 250
In fact, it seems to me that any algorithm can be cracked, if it has enough price and market value, it is worth the risk of the factory to exploit, because it needs strong capital and technology to support it.But the new algorithm can bring short-term or long-term good support.The cryptonight Adaptive variable algorithm is still very novel.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
Is there a way to see your hashrate when solo-mining this?

edit: nvm, found it

(It's the 'show_hr' daemon command for anyone else who might have missed it)

edit2: Also the 'status' daemon command.
Activity: 63
100 kHash. Too much for solo mining and for new project. I think somebody launch the pool and mine it.
Activity: 17
Firstly a block explorer needs to be implemented.
Have you server for build up it?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There is no pool available at the  moment. How to mine the coin?
How to do solomine NERVA?
Please help me if you know how to do solomine, everyone.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
This NERVA coins sound interesting, it offer a single core CPU mining.
Perhaps with this, we could mine while we're working with our computer without getting disturbed with the drop on performance.
Activity: 95
Dear miners, the first XNV mining pool is online now. Welcome! The pool fee is only 0.4%. Set your mining machine to xnv.youpool.io:5558

You can use port 3338(for low-end mining machines), 5558 and 7778(for high-level mining machines).

youpool.io/XNV

If you have any questions, you can ask in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/Rvbu7Cr

Happy mining!
Activity: 322
Reserved, to indonesian translate
let me know, if you interest and confirm  Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
thanks for the information
for a project on mining I believe this project has been successful, because it has prepared a really big supply, I am sure many are interested in this project
Activity: 92
a doubt about mining soil, how will I know when I found something?
The discord is very active right now. For people interested, i suggest checking it out

https://discord.gg/fZfUNw

CPU mining only is best, read Bitcoin white paper, Satoshi wanted everyday people with computers to be able to mine it.

This is part of the reasoning behind it. Besides the threat of ASICs and NiceHash every cryptonight coin faces, Crypto in general has become extremely commercialized. The arms race to build every bigger and faster mining rigs has been ongoing for some time, where the main people profiting are the big companies, like NVIDIA, AMD, Samsung and all the other companies making GPU components.

Meanwhile the electricity produced to run these rigs is getting extremely out of hand. I have read articles that bitcoins estimated power consumption could power some European countries. Mostly dirty power from China. This is bad for the environment and something we don't need as the doomsday clock ticks closer to midnight.

So we need to change the way we think about generating crypto. Or more to the point, we need to rethink if the way we are doing things is sustainable in the long term. I don't believe it is. Everyone with a PC has a CPU, everyone with a PC can mine NERVA with a couple of cores with only a minimal increase in power consumption. No need for expensive GPU rigs with ever increasing ROI. No need to destroy the environment and add to the profits of major corporations. Instead we go back to placing a decentralized currency in decentralized hands. A responsible and sustainable cryptocurrency in the true vision of Satoshi.

Also, nethash has climbed to nearly 30Kh/s since it's launch a few days ago, which is phenomenal for a solo mined CPU coin. Shows me that people agree with the principles of NERVA and i thank all those that have jumped on board and supported the cause
Activity: 95
One of the best projects of 2018...It will get huge success.
Activity: 2
It's so weird. If for you CN is CPU only and GPU-resistant, I think that you must stop to dev this coin.

CPU mining only is best, read Bitcoin white paper, Satoshi wanted everyday people with computers to be able to mine it.
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
A member of the discord channel has built a windows binary and kindly shared it. He has also claimed a bounty for it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8ihd4tymgeu36i/nerva%20w64%20binaries.zip?dl=0

It is x64 built on Windows 7.

Big thanks, I try to mine this ISIC killer Cool
Activity: 17
A member of the discord channel has built a windows binary and kindly shared it. He has also claimed a bounty for it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8ihd4tymgeu36i/nerva%20w64%20binaries.zip?dl=0

It is x64 built on Windows 7.
Pages:
Jump to: