Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NERVA: Cryptonight for solo CPU miners. ASIC, GPU, NiceHash resistant - page 8. (Read 28281 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 10
i am mining this for a few weeks now but i only have found 1 block , is it still worth the mining or better to save my cpu because there are already asic's , i am not sure anymore
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Short of checking the wallet how can I verify from the terminal if I have found a block? Will "Status" provide that information or is there another command that will show mining report status.
Activity: 5
I believe this is a coin without an asci machine. I'm also mining. I can get about 2,000 XMV a day because I have 30 E5-2670*2 CPU computers. In China, there are many studios with 100 or even 1000 computers.
There is a famous saying:
Do not let poverty limit your imagination! Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 17
There is a high risk that the Creator of the coin produces it on a modified ASIC

Sounds like ravings of a madman. I can believe that someone made a gpu miner, but the asic for this algo is nonsense.
Perhaps(!) changing some parameters for asic algo is a real, but changing asic algo itself is impossible.
You can just take a look at souce code of the coin to make sure that the algo is really changed compared to the other CN. Yes, changes are little but determinative.
Activity: 154
Merit: 4
>tmt226

For some reason, I can't reply to your message. So just write in the next message.
What exactly would you like to know? I think it's a bit of a problem to mess with this coin. There is a high risk that the Creator of the coin produces it on a modified ASIC, while all the others produce coins without a pool and on conventional video cards. I'd mine that coin with great care.
Activity: 149
The block cannot be updated when I update my wallet. Has the problem with the fork not been fixed yet?
have the problems been completely solved, my friend?
I would like to know more from you because I just found the topic recently and not familiar with all technical issues behind.
Activity: 2
Hi

I'm new to mining (starting this week) just a bit of hobby to pass the time. I have started mining NERVA and followed the simple guide post earlier for win 10. It has been going for about 24hrs and my wallet shows 0.0000000000. I get that solo is a slow process but compare to other mining i have tried this week normally after a day at least some of the zeros have changed.

Admittedly i am using win 7 not 10 but it seems to be working. I have triple checked the wallet address. Is they a way i check its doing the right thing other than the status option?

Cheers!

Hey there! What is your hashrate it shows when you type status? If you have a hashrate it should be working as far as I know. Don't get discouraged; the thing with mining this coin is that you won't find blocks very often, but when you do it's a big payout; the current block reward is ~65 coins (and total supply is 18 mil). My hashrate is about 370 h/s and I'm finding pretty much 1 block a day on average. So from there you might be able to get an estimate of how long to expect to find a block (for example, with 185 h/s or half of my hashrate, you might expect roughly 1 block every 2 days. Remember this is an average so luck plays a factor; you could easily go a few days without a block, and then find a few in one day sort of thing.

That being said, I just checked and the network hashrate is currently at 1.2 mh/s, which is roughly twice what it was when I wrote the guide a couple days ago.. though it tends to fluctuate a fair bit, the network is definitely growing fast. This just means there are twice as many people trying to mine the same amount of available coins, so you might only find blocks about half as often as I said above, because your portion of the networks hashrate is less, therefore your portion of the rewards will be less.

Hope that helps, if you have more questions consider joining the discord channel, there are plenty of people who know much more than me who are willing to help people out, and the dev is very active there and helpful as well  Wink

Hi Thanks for the reply, everything makes sense now. My hash rate is miles below yours but i have since found a block  Cheesy

I am now confused by the hard fork. Yesterday i noticed the net hash was constantly at 751.22 kH/s and my out connection dropped to 0 from 8. This remained the same all night. This morning i rebooted daemon and now i have 6 connections and the net hash is 65 KH/s. I saw that you need to do an update by today but I only see the binaries. I am on windows not Linux. Do i need to do something else?
Activity: 154
Merit: 4
For mining this coin is not yet created there is no pool or mining in a pool is impossible? If the second - then the founder of something modified in your ASIC (this has happened on the forum) and while we all will mine the coin on the GPU, he will laugh and pick up almost everything. Has anyone checked the source code on Github?
The algo was changed by hardfork? Looks like hashrate was increased in two times.

My congratulations for the first coin hardfork successful.
ASIC for algo 4 weeks age? Are you seriously?  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
The block cannot be updated when I update my wallet. Has the problem with the fork not been fixed yet?
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
3 days 600h/s - 0

Nethash is too high atm... I still don't believe if this coin is only for cpu mining.  Huh
Of course it's not. Obviously there are GPUs (or even ASICs) mining this. I really doubt it is so well known to the point of so many CPUs mining it to be such high hashrate. My big question now is to figure if this being labeled as a CPU only coin (but not being in the reality) is intentional or not.

I would like to see data to back up your suggestion that there are GPU's and ASICs mining this. The dashboard at: https://freeboard.io/board/EV5-se has 500 H/s (Ryzen or Intel i7 systems can hit this hashrate) has a block at 1 - 1.5 days on average. At current prices that's almost 30,000 Sats in 24 hours. This is easily the most sats that can be made with CPU mining, freeing up my GPU's to mine Masari. Win / Win.

Whilst i agree that their probably isnt a gpu miner or asic, i have to say you are talking rubbish with the 30,000 sats. I earn many times more than than cpu ming with my Ryzen 7. You just gotta look much harder.
J
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
you said what now?
3 days 600h/s - 0

Nethash is too high atm... I still don't believe if this coin is only for cpu mining.  Huh
Of course it's not. Obviously there are GPUs (or even ASICs) mining this. I really doubt it is so well known to the point of so many CPUs mining it to be such high hashrate. My big question now is to figure if this being labeled as a CPU only coin (but not being in the reality) is intentional or not.

I would like to see data to back up your suggestion that there are GPU's and ASICs mining this. The dashboard at: https://freeboard.io/board/EV5-se has 500 H/s (Ryzen or Intel i7 systems can hit this hashrate) has a block at 1 - 1.5 days on average. At current prices that's almost 30,000 Sats in 24 hours. This is easily the most sats that can be made with CPU mining, freeing up my GPU's to mine Masari. Win / Win.
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
you said what now?
We can see that the altex trade is not very active, and there is no open pool recently, but SOLO is very difficult, I think we should open up a pool and get more people involved so that we can keep XNV going.

This is what gives XNV it's value - it requires patience to mine. It's not 'harder' than other coins, as a pool would provide a few coins a day, versus a whole block reward of coins when a block is found. Long term average makes this a non issue. That said, if people want Nerva now (and I don't blame them), then TradeOgre is getting some pretty good volume now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
We can see that the altex trade is not very active, and there is no open pool recently, but SOLO is very difficult, I think we should open up a pool and get more people involved so that we can keep XNV going.
Activity: 291
Merit: 20
I love my wife and my little girl
What pools are out there?
Short answer, None. NERVA is intended to be a solo mined, with CPU only.

From FAQ, so no hopes for pools? is there any calculator out there for solo mining?
For your interests on mining NERVA, there you go:
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@hashpower9000/xnv-nerva-a-simple-guide-to-solo-mining-this-new-coin-with-a-new-type-of-cpu-only-gpu-resistant-coin-win10
This is very detailed guidline on mining the coin.
Enjoy it and start mining with your CPUs.
3 days 600h/s - 0
yes is imposible to find a block
Why impossible? 600 * 24 * 60 * 60 * 3 = 155520000 = 155M hashs. Current net difficulty is 33M. 155/33 = 4.7 = 470% effort is a bad luck and is NOT impossible.
Activity: 104
3 days 600h/s - 0

Nethash is too high atm... I still don't believe if this coin is only for cpu mining.  Huh
Activity: 182
3 days 600h/s - 0

Activity: 130
Merit: 15
Nice project, count with my PC
Pages:
Jump to: