Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NERVA: Cryptonight for solo CPU miners. ASIC, GPU, NiceHash resistant - page 11. (Read 28288 times)

copper member
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Activity: 124
Merit: 1
you said what now?
https://bitbucket.org/nerva-project/nerva-wallet

with an i5 you may get a block every 18-48 hours I would imagine depending on difficulty

edit* there are no pools for Nerva, it is solo mined only. That said, the link I posted is for the wallet that will allow you to mine XNV
Activity: 72

how many coins can you get with a cpu i5 and 8gigas of memory the project is recent someone has the link to pool for windows
Activity: 83
Payment order?????
copper member
Activity: 23
Is solo mining not just the opposite of decentralization?

Pools are a point of centralization, since solo mining doesn't go through a 3rd party (pools) that must be relied on, it is therefore less centralized.

because a few people getting more coins?

That could be said for every coin.. (more hash=more coins), but has nothing to do with pool vs. solo mining. The only difference is that rewards come more randomly when solo than on a pool, but they average the same (solo ends up paying out slightly more even due to no fees to the pool, not to mention pool downtime, scam pools, etc.). So as long as the difficulty is low enough to find blocks in a reasonable amount of time it shouldn't matter.

For the time being, the difficulty is still low enough to find blocks with a typical single cpu (even if you only find a block every day or even few days, it is surprisingly profitable for a cpu mined coin, based on the booming trade volume on altex). Eventually, the difficulty could, and probably will soon at this rate, rise to the point where its simply not practical to keep solo mining with small amounts of hash power.

Anyways, it seems its not the case that the coin can't be pool mined, just that it requires changes to existing pool code to be compatible with its algorithm.

The dev has said in the discord channel that he will make the changes needed so that it can be pool mined, so hopefully by the time the small miners get pushed out of any realistic chance of finding a block, they can continue mining on a pool for steady payouts.
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
AMD | Mining | NVIDIA
Activity: 70
I could not find ubuntu binaries.  where?
Activity: 12
I don't have enough positive karma for a subreddit. Been a lurker for too long.

NERVA has been on altex for 2 days now and #10 for trade volume. Currently outdoing some well established coins. The strength of NERVA is amazing. People seem to really like the idea of solo CPU mining, but the nethash is growing and it is getting harder. So get over to altex and get some. It is currently trading for 600 sats, but that situation is going to change soon
you said what now?
I find myself getting more excited about hitting blocks than I did when I was pool mining. This just makes it more rewarding imo, and so much fun. Also - there really needs to be a subreddit for this coin! Get the word out and grow the community
Activity: 222
Merit: 10
Name: NERVA
Ticker: XNV
Total Supply: 18 million + tail emission
Block Reward: 70
Block Time: 60 seconds
Maturity: 10 blocks
Algorithm: Cryptonight Adaptive
Premine: 1% (180,000 XNV)
Activity: 168
A good project, I advise you and your relatives who use crypto currency. Thank you!
egretia
Activity: 12
NERVA has been listed on Altex. Currently got a few trades and The order books are filling.
Still waiting on a reply from TradeOgre and an application was made today to Palitanx.

Overall, progress is being made very quickly. 2 weeks almost to the day from the mainnet going live to the first exchange listing. Could not have imagined 2 weeks ago that this is where we would be at. It really shows that people believe in the idea and are willing to support it.

Development is continuing and going strong. Next up is a GUI wallet. It is also noted the difficulty small miners are facing. On the discord, we are discussing the options in how to realise a mining pool that will help small miners, while trying to resist the centralisation that inevitably occurs with new coins with few pools. Work has started on the code needed to pool NERVA, however a GUI wallet has been raised as a greater need right now, so that will be done first.
Activity: 17
Activity: 73
Soldo SLD is the best ever
Activity: 6
NERVA listed in altex exchange !! nice !! https://altex.exchange/
you said what now?
Solo mining only is a great way to promote Decentralization. Really excited about this project - plus the Dev has submitted applications to TradeOgre and Altex, so it'll be nice to see an exchange listing soon!
Activity: 17
500kh? The Great moment are ocurs!
Activity: 108
Found 5 blocks in under 24 hours using a Dell PowerEdge server so working good so far. A pool is needed for the little fish though if you want to stay true to your announcement. Honestly, it has been a long time before a pool operator as picked this up.

Maybe contact the owners of https://cryptoknight.cc and they can help out.
Activity: 36
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
When I was doing SOLO mining, I often had forks. Now, there is a lot of convenience behind the block explorer, with the height of the block that can be referenced. It is great.
Pages:
Jump to: