Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 50. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Not correct.

The good thing about the growth accounts is you're guaranteed to get coins.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
A consumer-friendly cloud mining service

That doesn't answer the question if I'm wrong... 

Questions:

1. Is it right that it could be possible that Investors would stake for months or even years without getting their interest... their Coins?

2. Let's assume everything would be fine with Neucoin, but in 12 months, an Investor who staked all the time for one year, needs money and has to sell... he should have 100% more Coins. But it could be that he hasn't right? He would have to wait without knowing when he will receive it. It could be that he has to sell his Coins but without getting the interest-rate. Is that correct?

Because if that's correct... I don't agree with your definition of "consumer-friendly". ;-)
A consumer-friendly cloud mining service
legendary
Lol you dont get growth accounts, do you?

If I'm wrong... please tell me, explain it.
Lol you dont get growth accounts, do you?
legendary
Another huge issue is the growth-account if I understand it right.

Somebody explained it:

NeuBuy:
@Kamatezo When staking amounts like 10000 NEU you'll have much less than one percent chance of minting coins each day. So you could go months without minting coins, and you're not going to get such a compounding advantage as your calculations. You'll also have a lot of uncertainty, if you're unlucky it could be years before you mint coins. The good thing about the growth accounts is you're guaranteed to get coins.

That said I don't like the way the growth accounts work. It would be much better without different time periods. So you could transfer in and out coins when you want, and get paid rewards on a regular bases. Maybe someone else will implement a more user friendly growth account this way.

Sandrine confirms:

Sandrine:  
@Kamatezo : Growth Accounts are meant for mainstream users who do not wish to dive into the complexities of mining. What @NeuBuy posted is a good explanation of what the Growth Account is.

And she says:

Sandrine:
@NeuBuy I have a quick question about your remark: if you wanted just one time period, how long would it be? I'm not sure I understand why you don't like having different time periods, I'd like to know more so we can improve our service. Different time periods were meant to offer a solution for different types of users: some of them will be uncomfortable with depositing their NeuCoins for 5 years, other ones are totally ok with it.
Can you breakdown what you would be more confortable with?

Source: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/investors-in-neucoin-growth-account/1341/4

The problem with that is: They say that there will be 100%-interest per year. They also say that they don't want much price volatility. So, it won't rise that much because they'll meet every demand which means: They'll sell into a price-rise and they have enough, they stake more then they are able to sell every day.

That means: Most likely there won't be profit because of the price. If somebody buys NEU now, he has to make profit about the interest-rate. In 1 year he could have 100% if the price will be stable and if there is enough buy-support to sell into it. And: If he gets his Coins.

But: Let's say there is an issue in 12 month. An Investor would like to sell and he should have 100% interest but he was "unlucky"... so he doesn't have the double-amount. What to do? Hoping that he will have luck in the next week, month, year and at the same time the price goes down? It's irrational to bind BTC in a project when it's impossible to do something right... if there is a problem it could be the best thing to sell but then there would be any interest rate, even if an Investor holds his Coins for month or even years. It's like roulette but needs endless trust.

And this:  "some of them will be uncomfortable with depositing their NeuCoins for 5 years, other ones are totally ok with it." is kind of cynical, because nobody will know what will be in 5 month. Whoever is okay to bind his investment the next 5 years must be naive.

With other words: Even without all other issues, concerns and unanswered questions about inflation and lack of transparency and so on, there is not much reason to invest in this. The interest-rate is the only way to make profit but at the same time nobody can be sure that he will get it in years, because: "if you're unlucky it could be years before you mint coins"

At the same time the group behind stakes millions of new Coins everyday and they will sell if they can without crashing the price. Every aspect of this project shows the greed of a few and others should support it, invest it, make PR for it, stake it... it's naive to believe that many Investors will do that - it seems there is not much probability to win.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Quote from: LiQio link=topic=944933.msg12614344#msg12614344 date

PS: Sandrine has finally thanked the "creator" of the block explorer. She even sent a payment.
The amount? ... wait for it ... 150 Neucons = a little less than nothing at all, what an affront!

150 NoKoins.

This redefines the definition of "NoKoins".

Can you post the forum post where she proudly announces that she gave this poor fucker a dollar for accomplishing what the NewCon team was incapable of for a million dollars in "unpaid labor".

This requires a headline on Reddit.  Please give me the link or post it yourself on reddit.

This is so boring now, my narcolepsy will kick in if I visit NewCon.org.

Source: http://forum.neucoin.org/t/neucoin-block-explorer/1806/14

150 coins arrived at the time of the post: http://www.neucoin.io/address/NWzMTtWce1XMwtUkTMyKAzhtiLBVPhM25T

(PS: Don't have a reddit account to spread the word of this unparalleled generosity.)
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
[quote author=LiQio link=topic=944933.msg12614344#msg12614344 date

PS: Sandrine has finally thanked the "creator" of the block explorer. She even sent a payment.
The amount? ... wait for it ... 150 Neucons = a little less than nothing at all, what an affront!
[/quote]

150 NoKoins.

This redefines the definition of "NoKoins".

Can you post the forum post where she proudly announces that she gave this poor fucker a dollar for accomplishing what the NewCon team was incapable of for a million dollars in "unpaid labor".

This requires a headline on Reddit.  Please give me the link or post it yourself on reddit.

This is so boring now, my narcolepsy will kick in if I visit NewCon.org.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Is this an accurate summary of the current state?

- Neucon regime sitting on 99+% of coins and staking 99.9+% of new coins?
- Trade volume on exchanges tanked because the team is the only party buying. See distribution https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NEU#tabDistribution
- Neucon regime by now (days after launch) already staked 100 Mio. coins which equals the total amount allegedly sold to public
- Remaining ICO investors in the red, forum dead, team silent besides the well known phrases ("we will soon publish", "sorry for the late reply, we are super busy", "we are so excited", yadda yadda)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the price or price range they predefined. (Remember they completely dominate the market and thereby the price)
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose all their holdings and addresses as promised.
- Neucon regime still didn't disclose the cash needs and resulting sales numbers.
- Big ad campaign on crypto mag web sites tries to find new "victims"
- Survey coins not sent out yet
- PoW miners finding out that it is by design totally unprofitable (http://forum.neucoin.org/t/pow-mining-change-of-algorithm/1368/44)

Next steps? Probably a mini pump by pretending to have some great news and disclosing that a first game is to be released soon to absorb the survey coin dump ...

legendary
Lol what has Paycoin got to do with anything here?

It's a good example that there can be consequences for those who try to get peoples money with high promises one the one hand and dishonest behavior on the other.

And, in general it's most likely the Paycoin-Desaster that made thousands of Investors very cautious. The strategy to be non-anon and to have money-backing as an argument isn't enough any more.
Lol what has Paycoin got to do with anything here?
legendary

Interesting... And now they wish, they would've never listed Paycoin:

"The document cache obtained by Coin Fire contains materials ranging from the Securities and Exchange Commission to the Department of Homeland Security. The earliest records in the cache against Crypsty contain minor investigations of wrong-doing and are dated prior to the larger investigation of Mr. Homero Joshua Garza and Mr. Carlos Garza; however, the information discovered during the GAW Miners investigation caused lead investigators from multiple organizations to begin scrutinizing Crypsty and its parent company, Project Investors, more closely. The investigation against Cryptsy intensified after a “PayCoin controller” was exchanged to the company and the two investigations began to run concurrently.

(...)

Another document shows one organization beginning a probe of PayCoin’s blockchain history. This document alleges that Cryptsy was being used by Mr. Garza to disguise money movement for both him and his associates. Furthermore, the report claims that the company was aware of this movement and not merely complicit; this allegation is echoed by material within the document indicating that (1) staff member engaged in these fraudulent transactions and transfers, and directly engaged in market manipulation."

Activity: 24
[snip]

So long story short, neucoin's foundation got people not really experienced with investments to put their name in there to expand their influence on audiences. Right?

But that's quite different from when pro athletes wear a brand of clothing. This brand of clothing is perfectly functioning, the athlete wearing doesn't risk his reputation. That's what makes me question the involvement of all those people mentioned in the coin. Are they actually involved in any way or were their names dropped solely for marketing purposes?[...]
see here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12594455
Activity: 700
[snip]

So long story short, neucoin's foundation got people not really experienced with investments to put their name in there to expand their influence on audiences. Right?

But that's quite different from when pro athletes wear a brand of clothing. This brand of clothing is perfectly functioning, the athlete wearing doesn't risk his reputation. That's what makes me question the involvement of all those people mentioned in the coin. Are they actually involved in any way or were their names dropped solely for marketing purposes? Because contrary to other advertised projects, neucoin is so far very average at proving it's concept and many of it's promised features are barely functioning. How could the foundation afford getting all those people on board while they weren't even able to employ people for development.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I still refuse to believe that such high profile investors would bother with this...

Then you were the target market.

"Legitimacy" is a sales technique:  the entire driver of celebrity endorsements of everything from shampoo (if supermodels use this, it must be great!) to sports shoes (Nike Jordan's).  Got your Jamie Oliver Pots?  Your Wolfgang Puck frozen Pizza?  Got your shitty Beats headphones because all the Rap guys and Sports stars get paid to wear them in public?

It's called "social influence".

One of the questions I asked, and never got an answer to, was HOW MUCH EACH of these people invested and when.  "Insider Transactions" is a normal part of the pre-investment disclosure process.

Never answered.  Just a new copy of "the list" of names.

And those names didn't include ANY high profile "investors".  No Warren Buffet.  No Andreesen, No Doerr, No Horowitz.  No "investors" (by trade) at all.

What you see on the list are experts in making video games, running a high tech taxi service, a guy who works at Facebook, a guy who makes tv shows about singing contests...

What makes these guys "experts" in crypto?  What makes them "experts" in penny stock trading?  

They are regular people who have probably never owned a Bitcoin, and heard a few buzzwords from DanK, and they hang out and party with him and said, "Sure mate, I can throw a few bucks at this to see if it flies.  Bitcoins for consumers?  Yeah, that makes sense.  Whatever.  Lay out another line Dank."

No "investors" by trade.  Real investors would have done due diligence.  People in tech constantly angel fund things for social reasons rather than trying to make a buck.  They don't do due diligence.  There are NO VC firms or established Angel Investors (by trade) involved with this.  Real investors (by trade) do due diligence.

You can't believe such high profile investors would touch this?

DanK knew that.  That is why "the list" is his answer to everything.

True.   But is this getting boring yet?  We've been right like 10 times in a row here... Doesnt everybody already see neuc as the joke it is?
Activity: 545
I still refuse to believe that such high profile investors would bother with this...

Then you were the target market.

"Legitimacy" is a sales technique:  the entire driver of celebrity endorsements of everything from shampoo (if supermodels use this, it must be great!) to sports shoes (Nike Jordan's).  Got your Jamie Oliver Pots?  Your Wolfgang Puck frozen Pizza?  Got your shitty Beats headphones because all the Rap guys and Sports stars get paid to wear them in public?

It's called "social proof". (See Robert Cialdini's "Influence".  The 6 Principles of persuasion therein are taught to every salesman in the world.). Google "6 Principles of Influence" and learn what DanK did to you, beginning to now.

One of the questions I asked, and never got an answer to, was HOW MUCH EACH of these people invested and when.  "Insider Transactions" is a normal part of the pre-investment disclosure process.

Never answered.  Just a new copy of "the list" of names.

And those names didn't include ANY high profile "investors".  No Warren Buffet.  No Andreesen, No Doerr, No Horowitz.  No "investors" (by trade) at all.

What you see on the list are experts in making video games, running a high tech taxi service, a guy who works at Facebook, a guy who makes tv shows about singing contests...

What makes these guys "experts" in crypto?  What makes them "experts" in penny stock trading?  

They are regular people who have probably never owned a Bitcoin, and heard a few buzzwords from DanK, and they hang out and party with him and said, "Sure mate, I can throw a few bucks at this to see if it flies.  Bitcoins for consumers?  Yeah, that makes sense.  Whatever.  Lay out another line Dank."

No "investors" by trade.  Real investors would have done due diligence.  People in tech constantly angel fund things for social reasons rather than trying to make a buck.  They don't do due diligence.  There are NO VC firms or established Angel Investors (by trade) involved with this.  Real investors (by trade) do due diligence.

You can't believe such high profile investors would touch this?

DanK knew that.  That is why "the list" is his answer to everything.
Activity: 700
Activity: 24
http://i.imgur.com/lLpTzzp.png

Traders make a few arbitrage Satoshi ("price nursing pump" initiated on Cryptsy, Bittrex price followed)

Bought on Bittrex:

http://i.imgur.com/EFQApTd.png

(1 no Transaction fee Bittrex --> Cryptsy)

Sold on Cryptsy:

http://i.imgur.com/DGP9Pol.png
analyzed it and found it here => http://neucoin.io/transaction/a4601bf6c2f8c84c88bd091549f51b41b420534e0dc21451f12bc7a518b1cb78 it looks funds are all coming from pow (as seen here http://neucoin.io/transaction/2cc11b57446e4abd3c961a937b48bec1333824009796b3f11939bb7885d358dc ) and not pos we might have a trading bot from a farm here
Pages:
Jump to: