Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] | ██ ★ NOW ON CRYPTSY ★ ██ | •• ALIENCOIN •• | ◘ [ALN] ◘ √ | - page 10. (Read 121059 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I will be closing alien.icalcul8.com pool as of May 17. Please withdraw all coins before then. Feel free to hash up to that date. I will also maintain the account balance database for 2 weeks after. If you left any coins after it was shutdown, please provide verification of your account and I will distribute coins accordingly. Any remaining coins will be donated to the SETI project. Thanks for your hashes.

hold on
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I will be closing alien.icalcul8.com pool as of May 17. Please withdraw all coins before then. Feel free to hash up to that date. I will also maintain the account balance database for 2 weeks after. If you left any coins after it was shutdown, please provide verification of your account and I will distribute coins accordingly. Any remaining coins will be donated to the SETI project. Thanks for your hashes.
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
http://dutchpool.org will be rebooting at 12.00 (GMT+2) to complete the move to a faster server, fee for all pools will be set to 0%, please reconnect your miners after the reboot, the process should be finished around 12.30 (GMT+2).
we have nearly 100MH on muchhash, and still no blocks
so strange

i havent found ANY blocks yet either.. no orphans nothing.. something has to be wrong here
 Embarrassed Embarrassed

I don't think you are working on the same coin. Our peak hash rate that I have observed is probably 25-30 MH and I don't think we have ever hit 100 MH. ALN typically runs 5-15 MH...

You can view our current network hash rate at:

http://alienco.in/
Activity: 98
we have nearly 100MH on muchhash, and still no blocks
so strange

i havent found ANY blocks yet either.. no orphans nothing.. something has to be wrong here
 Embarrassed Embarrassed
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thanks for opening a new pool.

I will be happy to make further donations to help with the SETI project and will get onto doing that soon. It's the best lead we have for aliencoin so it's important to raise a good amount.
Activity: 673
Merit: 506
http://dutchpool.org has just opened a pool for Aliencoin, this one is replacing the p2pool that was hardly being used. If you can't open the site try again in a few hours, the DNS name might not have propagated worldwide yet.

http://aln.dutchpool.org
fee 1%
payout system PPLNS
Activity: 660
Merit: 500
I got in touch with the SETI project.  And because the current amount raised (just a little over 53,000 ALN) is not even enough for their basic student membership, we won't be able to do a big "song and dance" donation event.  BUT..  Because I don't want this donation project to go to waste, I'm willing to fund the rest of the donation to SETI to give at the Individual Membership level.

The currently raised 53,000 ALN represents approximately $6.50 USD at the current exchange rate.
I will fund the remaining 360,000 or so ALN (with some USD thrown in) in order for us to have the $50 USD donation to the SETI project.

If there are any objections, please let me know.  And if anyone else wants to help "complete" the donation, please let me know.

That's worthy of a match or significant contribution from the DEV!!! Come on DEV. I'll put another nice chunk in the pot, but it won't be that big lol. That's significantly more than I've mined and made from pool revenue. When you say "got in touch" does that mean you got someone on the phone or just looked into it more? You're the best ALN out there!

One of the guys who works at http://observatory.onmason.com/ (large university astronomy department) also works with the SETI program (research side of things) is my new contact point. Smiley
Activity: 770
If you haven't been in the Aliencoin IRC room #aliencoin (freenode), you might not know that "ubm" has built an AlienBot for the IRC.  Now you can pull status and exchange stuff in IRC.

great it's the time to test.
I got in touch with the SETI project.  And because the current amount raised (just a little over 53,000 ALN) is not even enough for their basic student membership, we won't be able to do a big "song and dance" donation event.  BUT..  Because I don't want this donation project to go to waste, I'm willing to fund the rest of the donation to SETI to give at the Individual Membership level.

The currently raised 53,000 ALN represents approximately $6.50 USD at the current exchange rate.
I will fund the remaining 360,000 or so ALN (with some USD thrown in) in order for us to have the $50 USD donation to the SETI project.

If there are any objections, please let me know.  And if anyone else wants to help "complete" the donation, please let me know.

That's worthy of a match or significant contribution from the DEV!!! Come on DEV. I'll put another nice chunk in the pot, but it won't be that big lol. That's significantly more than I've mined and made from pool revenue. When you say "got in touch" does that mean you got someone on the phone or just looked into it more? You're the best ALN out there!

If you haven't been in the Aliencoin IRC room #aliencoin (freenode), you might not know that "ubm" has built an AlienBot for the IRC.  Now you can pull status and exchange stuff in IRC.
Timestamp added.. (I'll clean up the CSS later, I just thought it would be helpful to everyone the quicker I got the code up.)

What do you think about changing the view to show more than the 10 most recent donations. Let's show the entire (within reason) history. Perhaps when it gets overwhelming, we can truncate the list. OR....a nice growth chart. :-)

Done
Timestamp added.. (I'll clean up the CSS later, I just thought it would be helpful to everyone the quicker I got the code up.)

What do you think about changing the view to show more than the 10 most recent donations. Let's show the entire (within reason) history. Perhaps when it gets overwhelming, we can truncate the list. OR....a nice growth chart. :-)
Trade ALN for DOGE on www.swisscex.com!

My brain will explode trying to figure out values... ALN traded to DOGE traded to BTC traded to USD... aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Must go refill coffee.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
I say we keep building the donation base.  In fact, the global hash rate has more than tripled in the past six hours, so there is some growing traction with the coin. We just need to give it time.

I've been watching the hash rate. People have been hitting it pretty hard when the diff goes low. Good deal.

SETI might be more receptive when we can say their 50k ALN is worth more than $11. We'll wait it out and maybe circle back with them in a few weeks/months.

The extra publicity should help pump the price up now it's on coinmarketcap.

Thanks, Great Work!
Pages:
Jump to: