Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 29. (Read 37816 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Thanks GW. Blah, I forget we have the explorer sometimes. Lifeforce responded and said that he is going to continue running Octocoin. So no worries there.

Coinbase should deposit the $288 in my account today so I'll get that paid.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Lifeforce.info pool is back up, if anyone is interested in throwing some hash there, again. Only a few more days until the end of the burn. Let's keep the chain moving along smoothly so that everyone can get their coins burned, that wants to.  Wink
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
The blockchain is running fine. All you have to do to confirm this is to look at the block explorer. I have a small miner set up to solo mine when the diff drops too low, just to keep the chain moving along.

The pools at Lifeforce have had these issues before; where the pool fails to respond or gets bogged down and takes forever to load. I've had my miners switch to a failover (backup) pool many times while mining there. Hence, why I have my miner set-up to solo Octo, now.

I'm not sure about the securepayment.cc pool. I tried to mine a couple of different coins there in the past and have had issues with pool stability and not getting credited for the blocks I have found.

Your best bet, if you want to add some coins over the next five days or just help keep the chain moving is to solo mine. Even with low hash power you can probably pick up a few blocks here and there. At one point, my blade (mining at 5.7 MH/s) was picking up 65%+ of all the blocks being found.

Here's a sample config file to be placed in your (user/name/AppData/roaming/OctoCoin) folder if you want to solo mine:

Code:
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=22888
addnode=162.243.144.135
addnode=162.243.149.125
addnode=162.243.207.204
addnode=162.243.141.242

Replace the username/userpassword with something of your choosing and keep your wallet open while mining.

EDIT: Looks like the Lifeforce Octo pool is now offline as it is still slow loading but is now showing this error on the pool stats page:

Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Looks like the wallet crashed there...

Thanks for the solomining info, only problem is I have an Innosillicon A2 terminator running from my parents house in another county and it has firmware which would make solo mining difficult to setup.  Anyway on mining.securepayment.cc its submitting shares and showing new blocks found on my address also its finally showing as online now:)
I don't know if it will help but I submitted a ticket to lifeforce. Anyone who received payouts from them, please send me the Octocoin address they paid you from. Who knows what the deal is.

This is the Lifeforce pool address: 8bo9iT6cPg2pqykGHYRc6sTzzkcmzGnTXe ... It was still showing up as finding blocks in the explore the last time my miner switched over and started mining Octo several hours ago.
The blockchain is running fine. All you have to do to confirm this is to look at the block explorer. I have a small miner set up to solo mine when the diff drops too low, just to keep the chain moving along.

The pools at Lifeforce have had these issues before; where the pool fails to respond or gets bogged down and takes forever to load. I've had my miners switch to a failover (backup) pool many times while mining there. Hence, why I have my miner set-up to solo Octo, now.

I'm not sure about the securepayment.cc pool. I tried to mine a couple of different coins there in the past and have had issues with pool stability and not getting credited for the blocks I have found.

Your best bet, if you want to add some coins over the next five days or just help keep the chain moving is to solo mine. Even with low hash power you can probably pick up a few blocks here and there. At one point, my blade (mining at 5.7 MH/s) was picking up 65%+ of all the blocks being found.

Here's a sample config file to be placed in your (user/name/AppData/roaming/OctoCoin) folder if you want to solo mine:

Code:
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=userpassword
rpcallowip=localhost
rpcport=22888
addnode=162.243.144.135
addnode=162.243.149.125
addnode=162.243.207.204
addnode=162.243.141.242

Replace the username/userpassword with something of your choosing and keep your wallet open while mining.

EDIT: Looks like the Lifeforce Octo pool is now offline as it is still slow loading but is now showing this error on the pool stats page:

Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call failed: Recv failure: Connection reset by peer

Looks like the wallet crashed there...
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
I am mining on http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/octocoin/ but it appears as offline on the frontpage.  It shows my hashrate at 35mh, but not finding blocks since late last night.  I assume that my asic could be helping keep the network going for transactions so will leave it mining for now.

I will screenshot my wallet and send what coins I have to be burned later today if I can get the time.  My Octo Wallet is still able to sync at least.
hmmm. i wondered if craziness would happen before the burn was over. no telling what or who is behind it. it's ok, we can alter our plans if we have to. i suppose we could incentivize people who are still solo mining so that they keep doing so and the transactions keep going to the burn wallet. of course the blockchain can be attacked with such a low hash.

people may want to burn earlier than the 8th to ensure we receive your coins now. i would suggest taking screen shots of your wallets now if you haven't burned in case they take the nodes down. has anyone checked those? my windows machine with my OCTO wallet is packed up and i dunno how long it will take me to find it.

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
Also, getting into the lifeforce site (any of their pools) requires a long wait time by me. It took me an hour just to get to copy my withdrawal adress
I got that "connection not trusted" error.  Added it as an exception, and got into the fusionhash pool. 0 miners and 0 MH

Pool error is "Unable to connect to wallet RPC service: RPC call did not return 200: HTTP error: 0 - JSON Response: [] "
I don't know if it will help but I submitted a ticket to lifeforce. Anyone who received payouts from them, please send me the Octocoin address they paid you from. Who knows what the deal is.
isn't fusion hash still mining though? i know payouts were disabled but I thought they were.
I might switch my GPUs over to an X11 multipool till the 888 pools come back up.  Would have liked to mine 888 till the end.
I still have 1200 coins @ lifeforce but the owner doesn't seem to like coins that are dead or near dead. He obliterated the bunnycoin pool very quickly.
Just checked my wallet, and the diff is still at 1.2 ; so obviously there's some solo miners out there.  There's a possibility the chain may have forked since all the pools seem to be down.  I even checked p2pools.
is anyone still mining at the lifeforce pool? it's dead on my end

oh no. if it's dead we may have to figure something out. anyone else know?
is anyone still mining at the lifeforce pool? it's dead on my end
sweet. now you can check out the other place, sync your address you received OCTO at to their site and check out the forums for OCTO and OCTOFAME holders. it will show you how token access works.

https://letstalkbitcoin (dotcom) /forum/board/all
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Received!!
Pages:
Jump to: