Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 28. (Read 37816 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?

The problem with the transaction being too large isn't the number of coins, but the number of different inputs. Every transaction received by your wallet equals an input. If you have a bunch of smallish deposits into your wallet, then you will quickly max out the transaction size.

The wallet tries to combine the largest (coin wise) inputs together to create the withdrawal. Once it gets through the larger coin chunks, it starts using smaller and smaller chunks of coins. Since a finite number of inputs can be placed into a block, less total coins fit into a transaction.

If you send all of your coins in large chunks to a single address, you should be able to then send them all at once to the burn address. I sent over 1.15 million yesterday in one chunk after combining them to a new address. It took me around 15 transactions to get my coins over to the new address. Once I had that done they easily sent to the burn address in a single chunk.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Guys I'm test sending Octo between 2 wallets I have and have found wallet either freezes or gives transaction too large error on transactions over 50,000.  I managed to get 1 transaction through of 100,000 but no luck after that.  I will be burning close to a million octo, so at 50.000 each that would be close to 20 transactions.  Would that be too much? Or is their some workaround I don't know about for large transactions?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
well that's awesome Smiley thx warty.

I'm currently working on the website. It's nowhere near completion. The .party domain wasn't included in the squarspace package. However, we can use external domain names. octo.party is pretty damn cool.

For now it is sitting at www.theoctoparty.com. Like I said, I just started and I'm still figuring out exactly what all we need on the site. Squarespace updated their editing so it's way different than the last site I did on there. I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

I don't know if I can use theoctoparty.com off site because it was purchased on squarespace as part of the package then you just renew the domain name yearly. However, octo.party would definitely be useable for the first projects website. It will link off of the main site but still be hosted separately.

I know the "working model" will need a kickass name and if you will let us use it for that, then that's awesome.

Now that I'm relocated I should be able to hopefully meet some local people in the Bitcoin scene who can help out. I am juggling the burn, the OCTO distribution after the burn, setting up distribution through FoldingCoin with Robert for now. If we get those things knocked out, I will start to get the funding for the tshirts that we can sell to raise money for the "working model." I don't have total cost yet to implement Counterwallet to the website for the game. I did get a quote for a Bitcoin only site and it was around $1300. We may be able to just buy the code for the site without Bitcoin implimented since it's normally set up for Credit Cards and Paypal. But we may also be able to find a free version of coding for the game, or a plugin that will run the game on wordpress. I know there are plugins for cheap but i don't think we'd be able to change the coding for Counterwallet. We may even get lucky and be able to recruit some devs to help us out for free at first in exchange for a % of the fees the "working model" will make and the promise they will be included in the team for the actual funded website.

It's a long road ahead. But hang on to that domain! We will need it sometime soon. We can even shoot you some OCTO as payment for the domain if you like.

Activity: 208
BTW, I saw that .party is a domain now, so I went ahead and registered www.octo.party it's not got hosting but it's registered for a year at least. Will try and work on it ASAP.
right, which is what we originally said to do lol  Grin i sent all mine to one address. you just have to adjust the total amount in your wallet so that you have enough not being sent to cover the fee.
Activity: 167
I do back up my wallets, but that's just me copying wallet.dat and moving it somewhere else.  

Only octocoin addresses I've used is the one to receive from pools and one for faucets way back when.  In other coins' wallets, I can see specific addresses in "send" and "receive" sections. The Octo wallet just has a "request for payment" form when I click on the receive button.

If you want to see all of the addresses that have been used as receiving addresses in your OctoCoin wallet: Click on "File" then go down to "receiving addresses" and it will show a list of all addresses that have received coins in that wallet.

Solo mining will also create new receiving addresses in your wallet, too... sometimes a new one for every block found.

So here's my test transaction from last week sent to the burn address.

Is "Input" the address I should be listing in the google form?

If you have had transactions received by more than one address, then there will be different addresses as inputs, even if you send them all at once. I had wallets on a couple of different computers and each had multiple addresses and I sent them all to a newly created address and used that address on the form and to send my coins to the burn address.

Your best bet, to insure you get credit for all of your coins is to: 1. Create a new address... 2. Send all of your coins to that address... 3. Use that address on the Google form for the burn.

that is correct because that is the address you are sending Octocoin from to the burn address Smiley

so you'll take that address and the total amount you burn along with your Counterwallet address that you create and submit on the form. once the burn phase is over, we look at the amount of Octocoin you sent from your address to the burn address and send the same exact amount of OCTO to your Counterwallet address you provide.

like i said before. i urge you all to save your Counterwallet pass phrase and/or short password you create and your private keys on two separate places besides your hard drive. i'd suggest a USB key, external hard drive, paper wallets, etc.

if you lose this, you lose your OCTO. we have no access to the web wallet. i save mine in multiple places. i assume once they create the desktop wallet it may work sort of like a regular bitcoin wallet but who knows. you'd have to read more into that. bitcoin and other altcoin wallets, you need to save the wallet.dat file.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250

I do back up my wallets, but that's just me copying wallet.dat and moving it somewhere else. 

Only octocoin addresses I've used is the one to receive from pools and one for faucets way back when.  In other coins' wallets, I can see specific addresses in "send" and "receive" sections. The Octo wallet just has a "request for payment" form when I click on the receive button.
Hello, just checking in to say that we at BC have been catching up on things, and should sort out our burn later on today. We have approx 300k to exchange. It's cool that you've managed to get this on track.

thx warty Smiley
Activity: 208
Hello, just checking in to say that we at BC have been catching up on things, and should sort out our burn later on today. We have approx 300k to exchange. It's cool that you've managed to get this on track.
I might be able to hit 100k coins. Solo mining is going pretty good. Gonna keep the farm on it till the end.

I'll have to check out the private keys thing.  Never needed to deal with keys before.

Also, I entered the octo receiving address that my pool was paying me with. So I'm guessing that also works as a send address from the 888 wallet to the 888 burn address?

well it could. if that's the only receive address you've used ever. but you can easily check and see. say you send one octocoin to a random address and you notice, hey, this is not the receive address i thought it would send that transaction from. You can send from one address in your wallet to another address in your wallet.

before i sent to burn, i sent all my coins to 1 specific address in my wallet because i had received coins to multiple addresses in my wallet.

you may not have to do this if that's the only octocoin address for you.

and don't get me wrong, you don't have to do a counterwallet private key but you should. Taking a few seconds to save them is worth it.

so you have never saved your octocoin  private key? the wallet.dat. why not? you should backup all of your wallets off of your hard drive. it's so risky not backing them up. hard drives fail every day.
I might be able to hit 100k coins. Solo mining is going pretty good. Gonna keep the farm on it till the end.

I'll have to check out the private keys thing.  Never needed to deal with keys before.

Also, I entered the octo receiving address that my pool was paying me with. So I'm guessing that also works as a send address from the 888 wallet to the 888 burn address?
go there and click create new wallet. it will give you a long password to save.

The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade.

This happens on your side according to the form, correct? It's not done in each person's counterwallet by themselves?

well what i mean is that you have to go to https://counterwallet.io/ and create a wallet, save your password. once you have your wallet created when you submit the form it asks for the octocoin address you are sending burned coins from, approximately how many you are burning and for your Counterparty/Counterwallet address. note: it can be the counterparty-d command line wallet. also, they are working on a desktop wallet. counterwallet is their online wallet.

side note: saving your password is not enough. you need to save your private keys for every address you create in counterwallet. that way if you have any issues you can put the keys into a new wallet.

go to address actions
click show private keys
it gives a warning that you need to make sure nobody is around to see your screen
copy and paste private keys
secure in multiple places such as external drive, usb jump drive, paper wallet
there are plenty of youtube vids showing paper wallets for counterwallet

here is the blog from devs about the desktop wallet coming soon.

http://counterparty.io/news/counterparty-development-update-10/

if for any reason you have not submitted the amount burned and the octo address, i'd say submit it again with the counterwallet address or pm me or Robert you address plus the other info and we can just add it to the form.

hope this answers all your questions Smiley

on a side note, squarespace is paid. i have started working on the website some. please keep in mind that i just moved, i'm job hunting, my phone died and i'm waiting for best buy to ship the insurance replacement, and we are still working the burn.

i'll do my best to get the website up fast! then we will start prepping for the tee shirt sales to launch.

also, once the burn is complete, next step is to get the merged mining with foldingcoin.

i'm still curious how much we will burn. i'm guessing 20 million tops. 15 million bottom.
The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade.

This happens on your side according to the form, correct? It's not done in each person's counterwallet by themselves?
yep I finally figured out how to solo mine, and pointed my 2-1/2 rigs to 888 finally.  I'll have a few more coins to burn than I put in the google form

It's ok. The main thing is that you have your Octocoin address linked to the Counterwallet address so that we can do the trade. Robert said it will rake all the transactions together automatically. We just wanted to keep it as simple as possible by limiting the transactions we have to sift through.
Activity: 742
I wonder if the original devs know about all of this and will try to wrest control at burn time.  That's the paranoid side of me thinking out loud of course.
They indeed could partake in the burn, however they will still not have any control over the future direction of octoparty
I wonder if the original devs know about all of this and will try to wrest control at burn time.  That's the paranoid side of me thinking out loud of course.
yep I finally figured out how to solo mine, and pointed my 2-1/2 rigs to 888 finally.  I'll have a few more coins to burn than I put in the google form
Pages:
Jump to: