Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] OCTO - Resurrect 888 - New Counterparty Asset - page 31. (Read 37816 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Yes, I do hope more people join the wall of fame and if not, then I'm glad it will be taken care of. I will burn my coins tomorrow night FYI. I do hope more people will be burning before Saturday as well.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Don't forget that this Saturday is the last day you can donate BTC towards the squarespace website. Goal is 1.5 BTC and we are currently at .7 with a .1 payout to the block explorer. Balance is .6 BTC.

Donators receive:

50000, 75000 or 100000 OCTO split between all donators
OCTOFAME token
OCTO Wall of Fame listing on the OP and website
entry into the drawing for an OCTO tee when we launch them
future OCTOFAME benefits when they come out

I know one person committed to getting us to the 1.5 BTC. However, the more people that donate the bigger the pot grows and 100,000 will be split. Plus that's more OCTOFAME tokens issued and members on the Wall of Fame.

Remember, that you guys will be issued the OCTO and OCTOFAME before the burn OCTO is issued. So, you will be able to access the LTB forums before any other burners!

Thanks!

P.S. Donators on the wall of fame can begin PMing me your Counterwallet addresses so that I can send out the OCTO and OCTOFAME tokens after Saturday. I will be driving to Florida on Sunday so maybe by Monday night?

Activity: 742
So here is the FoldingCoin Octo page, let me know what you all think http://foldingcoin.net/tokens-page/#octoparty

And let me know if you would like any additional information or if you would like to change any information
Yeah we will see. I do think you are right. We need a balance between the burn and the miners. Def don't want to risk it being too central. I'm willing to put a lot towards mining as long as the burn % is low.

I think it will be more than 10 million. I suspect that many are waiting because they are mining. Many may not know that it's going yet. But the longer the next few days go I suspect at least 15 million.

I was terrified we were going to end up with 50+ % of the market available between burning and the first few months of mining.

I don't think that's good.

also, i really gotta think about the balance between the burners, the miners and the crowd sale.

now the burners get there's all at once and all up front. so there's a little power there.

the crowd sale is so far down the road we won't count them yet.

the miners do need to have a larger distribution at first up front so that they hold enough to have some voting power.

of course all parties will have the ability to earn octo in the community in the future for becoming a dev, helping out with promotions, donating Bitcoin for funding, etc.

i'm just scared to throw a number out because there is risk of dumping and voting that can really help or hurt the coins success.

your thoughts on that?

p.s. the twitter is updated some. threw a graphic together. still have to edit it some more.

I would think by the end of the year (this includes the burners) you may want around 33% of your octo distributed because it looks like maybe 10 million might go to the burners which is already 1/8th of the total market. So without introducing more to new participants, you may have centraliation of OCTO holdings from this existing community. Now obviously thats not a bad thing as this is being designed to help recoop losses from the original 888, and our folders arent gonna mind because its just another token that they are receiving.

But thinking long term, you may want to get some out there in the first year. But your community will know what is right for you guys Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
The only thing I'm going to miss is putting the ASIC on Octo!
also, i really gotta think about the balance between the burners, the miners and the crowd sale.

now the burners get there's all at once and all up front. so there's a little power there.

the crowd sale is so far down the road we won't count them yet.

the miners do need to have a larger distribution at first up front so that they hold enough to have some voting power.

of course all parties will have the ability to earn octo in the community in the future for becoming a dev, helping out with promotions, donating Bitcoin for funding, etc.

i'm just scared to throw a number out because there is risk of dumping and voting that can really help or hurt the coins success.

your thoughts on that?

p.s. the twitter is updated some. threw a graphic together. still have to edit it some more.
Also when you get a chance, can i get a high resloution picture of the octo coin? the PNG you have on bitcointalk comes up wierd on our website, thanks
Yeah you can go ahead and announce on your end. As for the twitter: @theoctoparty
Perfect Smiley I will announce it tonight. Do you have an initial distribution methodology set yet?

Nobody on the board has really responded about those initial posts. I don't think they mind either way. But we do need to discuss. A balance between the burn, mining and other distribution is important for stability and dumping.

I could picture 30-90 days as a short term until we vote. We'll give them 48 hours for opinions or I'll set the short term.

Please chime in guys or we may just go with what I decide for the first 30-90 days.
How about this, since you are not sure exactly how many are gonna get burned, but we know that there is only 40 million in existence, how about you start with a set amount over 8 months that allow anyone to get some before deciding the change so you can get this rolling. Here is what i think:

• Distribute an initial 8,888,888 OCTO on merged folding to get some out there (keeping the 8 theme)
  • Distribute over a period of 8 months
  • that comes to 240 days
  • That comes to 37,037 per day
  • so that OCTO isnt paying a lot of transaction fees, do weekly payouts which would be 259259 per week
  • Should cost roughly 0.01 BTC per week to do the distribution (with the current amount of folders we have)

Then during this time you can hold a vote to determine what you will do with the rest of the 888 and still get a lot out there to the existing folders

I think that is too much. I was talking about distributing 20-30 million OCTO over 8 years at least. To distribute almost half of 20 mil or a third of 30 mil, in 8 months is too high. I think it would flood the space, depending on the size of burned coins.

Now if the burn turnout is much lower than I expect, say under 15 mil, i think we could do that many early. But I really hope people see the value in slowly allowing mining to bring new coins to the market.

Plus we have to keep some for the crowd sale, promotions and funding some other projects in the future.

I do like the idea of keeping with the 888 in some form though.

Hopefully some more people chime in. I mean if I could do it right now I would do it for 8 years and distribute 20 million coins. Have some of these early miners get larger payouts that cut down over the years.

I'll think about it some more and let ya know.

No worries, i understand your thought there. I will await your decision Cheesy
Yeah you can go ahead and announce on your end. As for the twitter: @theoctoparty
Perfect Smiley I will announce it tonight. Do you have an initial distribution methodology set yet?

Nobody on the board has really responded about those initial posts. I don't think they mind either way. But we do need to discuss. A balance between the burn, mining and other distribution is important for stability and dumping.

I could picture 30-90 days as a short term until we vote. We'll give them 48 hours for opinions or I'll set the short term.

Please chime in guys or we may just go with what I decide for the first 30-90 days.
How about this, since you are not sure exactly how many are gonna get burned, but we know that there is only 40 million in existence, how about you start with a set amount over 8 months that allow anyone to get some before deciding the change so you can get this rolling. Here is what i think:

• Distribute an initial 8,888,888 OCTO on merged folding to get some out there (keeping the 8 theme)
  • that comes to 240 days
  • so that OCTO isnt paying a lot of transaction fees, do weekly payouts which would be 259259 per week
  • Should cost roughly 0.01 BTC per week to do the distribution (with the current amount of folders we have)

Then during this time you can hold a vote to determine what you will do with the rest of the 888 and still get a lot out there to the existing folders

I think that is too much. I was talking about distributing 20-30 million OCTO over 8 years at least. To distribute almost half of 20 mil or a third of 30 mil, in 8 months is too high. I think it would flood the space, depending on the size of burned coins.

Now if the burn turnout is much lower than I expect, say under 15 mil, i think we could do that many early. But I really hope people see the value in slowly allowing mining to bring new coins to the market.

Plus we have to keep some for the crowd sale, promotions and funding some other projects in the future.

I do like the idea of keeping with the 888 in some form though.

Hopefully some more people chime in. I mean if I could do it right now I would do it for 8 years and distribute 20 million coins. Have some of these early miners get larger payouts that cut down over the years.

I'll think about it some more and let ya know.

• that comes to 240 days

Activity: 427
Merit: 250
that 0.88888888 tx is my test. so i'll be sending over my stash towards the end of the burn. my 2 gpus are still happily mining away
Follow: @theoctoparty

Retweet the first post on Twitter below:

OCTO ‏@theoctoparty  23m23 minutes ago
burn your Octocoin for #OCTO Feb 24-Mar 8. see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-octo-resurrect-888-new-counterparty-asset-960933 …. follow: @framelalfe @foldingcoin @CounterpartyXCP

DM your Counterwallet address to @theoctoparty and when the burn is over on the 8th We will pay you a few OCTO to make it worth your while Smiley
i would suspect it was a mix but you never know. it was def the largest octocoin wallet. as for money we are almost there. and one person already said they'd do the balance saturday if nobody else could donate. we should have 1.5 BTC easy. I mean we did .7 and paid out .1 for the explorer.

we'll be good. i'll issue the OCTO and OCTOFAME to the donators prolly Monday when i'm in Florida. by the next week it'll be the end of the burn. get that issued. decide on the merge mining. then start on the website.

it's going to be a busy summer getting all of this going but i think it will be worth it. to fund the first project will be cool. but when others start wanting to fund projects is when it will get really interesting.
If so, do you think you could get a new twitter as well for the new octo?
i would suspect it was a mix but you never know. it was def the largest octocoin wallet. as for money we are almost there. and one person already said they'd do the balance saturday if nobody else could donate. we should have 1.5 BTC easy. I mean we did .7 and paid out .1 for the explorer.

we'll be good. i'll issue the OCTO and OCTOFAME to the donators prolly Monday when i'm in Florida. by the next week it'll be the end of the burn. get that issued. decide on the merge mining. then start on the website.

it's going to be a busy summer getting all of this going but i think it will be worth it. to fund the first project will be cool. but when others start wanting to fund projects is when it will get really interesting.
Have safe travels Smiley Is it ok if we officially start advertsiing OCTO on our end?
and yeah i would think he'd want to burn but at the same time, a lot of people didn't stick around when the devs bounced. i don't blame them. i hope if he wants to burn he shows up.

Pages:
Jump to: