Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] old growcoin thread - page 20. (Read 127540 times)

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 18, 2014, 05:18:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.  Your idea of burning 1% of Growcoins at each purchase is actually very innovative from an economic standpoint.

Have you considered to peg the price of Growcoin at CryptoGrowShop for the time being to give clarity for customers?  Since there is no market currently, you can set it with your store.  Don't shoot for the moon.  I would recommend something that is close to a fair value so that you are not giving away products.  For example, you could accept the value of Growcoin as 4000 satoshis.  This way people paying in Growcoin are getting a substantial discount price.   You will have to do the math and see if that works out for you. 
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
Crypto ehalvers
December 18, 2014, 04:44:07 PM
Since we only have a ~10btc total market cap atm. I dont think the 2 biggest Growbags are a problem right now. If people are interested in the functions and services of a coin, that issue will solve itself if you guys slowly sell a bit to new people over time Wink

Cryptsy would be great, but does their voting list even work? Certain coins are in that list forever, without being added... It would be a waste of time to keep voting, maybe even pay for a few votes, and then not get listed at all..

I believe there are a few exchanges that dont accept paid votes, as in paying people to cast their vote. We dont want to ruin are changes right? So we have to be carefull if we are planning to do this. And research this first on which exchange we can and can't do this type of voting-giveaway Wink
I thought Poloniex for instance does not tolerate this Undecided And I think they are not the only one.

I am also willing to replace a few banners in the shop, to give some "free" advertisement to exchanges that add us. Like I did with Coin-Swap. It may not mean anything at this time... but when the Growth kicks in, they might get a few clicks extra each day in the longer term  Wink

Bittrex is simply out of the question... and tbh.. I dont even care about that anymore.. The fact they dont add us, but did add other cannabis related coins. Is simply because we delivered usage.. You can actually buy stuff with the coin.. And they have concerns about legal issues in their own region. I respect that, but I dont agree with it Wink  The other already added cannabis related coins are based on rumours and thin air atm.. So its just "another" coin to trade with no legal issues Wink

However since we accept other currencies which are trading on bittrex, they should reconsider EVERY coin we accept for a delisting, caus they can be bought and used for purchasing cannabis related prodcuts right? Really out of context thinking, but it actually makes sense regarding their legal concerns right? Roll Eyes
They need to see cryptogrowshop as a merchant. Nothing more, Noting less..

I will look into "supernet" to see if we can add something to their total project, and viceversa  Wink

Nice post dev.  I picked up about 350 Grow on Coin-Swap just for fun.  Cheesy

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far and your protocol specs are better too..

So, you are accepting these coins on your website so a customer would have to wonder why they would need to use Growcoin when they can use these other ones.  Have you actually received an order in these other cryptocurrencies?  If not, then you may reconsider if these coins are actually useful to your store or community.  Perhaps just focusing on Bitcoin and marketing towards BTC would drive more traffic.

You used the Growcoin to crowdfund and start the growshop website, which is very good, but to add more value will take some additional ideas and thinking outside of the box.

Anyways, I just want to give you feedback as I see you are actively here to participate in cryptocurrency development and are not close-minded to working with others.  I hope you guys take a look at that comparison chart and utilize the info.  When investors look at that chart, they will see which protocols are safe for investing and which are not.

Cheers

Glad to see you join the community  Cheesy

I think the initial thinking behind adding the other currencies to the site was purely to expand the amount of people able to use CryptoGROWshop. And the fact that any funds used to purchase merchandise would be added to the 1% destruction of the coins. i.e. Even if you spend CANN or POT in the store, 1% of the coins will be exchanged for BTC then GROW and subsequently burned. So even if someone uses a non-GROW crypto they are still psuedo-supporting GROW  Wink

But yes I 100% agree that GROW should be the primary currency for the shop. But sadly the coin payment processor will not set a price for GROW due to the low volume on exchanges. I think this really just means that if someone used GROW in the shop the payment processor would not be able to immediately exchange that GROW from fiat/BTC.

I should be getting my seeds from the ICO the beginning of the year. Once I get those I will begin posting on the GROWforums to try to get some conversation started  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
December 18, 2014, 04:28:41 PM
Since we only have a ~10btc total market cap atm. I dont think the 2 biggest Growbags are a problem right now. If people are interested in the functions and services of a coin, that issue will solve itself if you guys slowly sell a bit to new people over time Wink

Cryptsy would be great, but does their voting list even work? Certain coins are in that list forever, without being added... It would be a waste of time to keep voting, maybe even pay for a few votes, and then not get listed at all..

I believe there are a few exchanges that dont accept paid votes, as in paying people to cast their vote. We dont want to ruin are changes right? So we have to be carefull if we are planning to do this. And research this first on which exchange we can and can't do this type of voting-giveaway Wink
I thought Poloniex for instance does not tolerate this Undecided And I think they are not the only one.

I am also willing to replace a few banners in the shop, to give some "free" advertisement to exchanges that add us. Like I did with Coin-Swap. It may not mean anything at this time... but when the Growth kicks in, they might get a few clicks extra each day in the longer term  Wink

Bittrex is simply out of the question... and tbh.. I dont even care about that anymore.. The fact they dont add us, but did add other cannabis related coins. Is simply because we delivered usage.. You can actually buy stuff with the coin.. And they have concerns about legal issues in their own region. I respect that, but I dont agree with it Wink  The other already added cannabis related coins are based on rumours and thin air atm.. So its just "another" coin to trade with no legal issues Wink

However since we accept other currencies which are trading on bittrex, they should reconsider EVERY coin we accept for a delisting, caus they can be bought and used for purchasing cannabis related prodcuts right? Really out of context thinking, but it actually makes sense regarding their legal concerns right? Roll Eyes

I will look into "supernet" to see if we can add something to their total project, and viceversa  Wink

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far.

So, you are accepting these coins on your website so a customer would have to wonder why they would need to use Growcoin when they can use these other ones.  Have you actually received an order in these other cryptocurrencies?  If not, then you may reconsider if these coins are actually useful to your store or community.  Perhaps just focusing on Bitcoin and marketing towards BTC would drive more traffic.

You used the Growcoin to crowdfund and start the growshop website, which is very good, but to add more value will take some additional ideas and thinking outside of the box.

Anyways, I just want to give you feedback as I see you are actively here to participate in cryptocurrency development and are not close-minded to working with others.  I hope you guys take a look at that comparison chart and utilize the info.  When investors look at that chart, they will see which protocols are safe for investing and which are not.

Cheers

Accepting other coins (like POT, CAN etc..) can benefit for the GROW's spreading. I think that Barry (or some of us) should contact with the communities of all these coins and make them promoting GROW. I trully believe that this coin will succeed!

P.S. Send me your GROW address. I want to tip you for your kind words.
legendary
Activity: 812
December 18, 2014, 04:20:19 PM

I don't think many people are seeing the need for alternative blockchains for currencies at this point in the game.  This coin certainly will have a hard time competing with the massive hype that surrounds CANN and the long-term POT.  Both of these coins have promised a ton and have delivered virtually nothing to most of their users after months.  Your CryptoGrowShop is better than anything they have created so far and your protocol specs are better too..

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1120
December 18, 2014, 12:33:36 PM
Just paid out the people that had some ORE produced on WarOfClicks Cheesy

Work hard today, i have a special item that will double my earnings for this session  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 574
Growcoin Chief
December 18, 2014, 08:34:21 AM
And a christmas giveaway could work. But you guys are already doing a lot of different giveaways.

Maybe we should combine them all, and make one huge one, in return for votes?  Huh

I will be back in ~2hrs... I need to buy some materials for my new growingcave  Roll Eyes

Nice, lets wait for barry to go online (its 1 oclock western europe lol)

Then lets see what else we can do

Already here mate, and reading  Wink

Good morning Smiley

Grin Cool
Growcoin Chief
December 18, 2014, 08:30:35 AM

legendary
@FAILCommunity
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
December 18, 2014, 08:20:43 AM
Activity: 532
December 18, 2014, 08:18:37 AM
legendary
@FAILCommunity
December 18, 2014, 08:10:27 AM

December 18, 2014, 08:06:30 AM

Good morning Smiley

Growcoin Chief
December 18, 2014, 08:00:34 AM

December 18, 2014, 07:57:08 AM

legendary
legendary
December 18, 2014, 07:46:05 AM
Theres a total lack of liquidity and the market price is 300 sat below ICO, hurting investors.

ICO was ~545 satoshis, coin is trading around 600-1000 satoshis. I agree that there is very little volume/liquidity, but many people who mined the coin are holding and staking it seems. There are only 1.6 million coins and almost 50% are held by the 2 largest ICO investors. (Who are doing awesome giveaways and raising awareness as much as they can!  Cheesy)

I have been buying and selling GROW on EmpoEx and coin-swap and they both seem like very reputable exchanges. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Again, the bigger exchanges want to gain from adding the coin through fees. This coin doesn't provide anything useful to them at the moment which is sad because that could be the catalyst that shoots this coin into the stratosphere.

All I know is I am looking forward to spending my GROW in the shop. Any word from the payment processor on when they will allow a market price for GROW?

The destruction of GROW coins will also gain some attention  Wink Once coins start disappearing it may get interesting  Grin

My fault about ICO price, but that 50% hold its not good at all anyway, you shouldnt say it  Grin

Again, EVERY EXCHANGE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY, if not they would close  Wink, so that is such a bad excuse not to take them into account, there is competition son, a lot actually, and that costs money and effort to overtake, miracles dont exist!

Interesting two facts you mention last, will keep an eye on that

I think transparency is our friend and I do not think that people should be swayed negatively by two wallets containing 50% of the coins. I believe they have both stated somewhere in this thread they are committed to holding and GROWing this coin. They invested for a reason  Smiley

I'm not sure what it will take to get on a larger exchange, but as an ICO investor I would not like to see a lot of funds being pushed towards 'votes' or something of the sorts on an exchange. Just my view, many may disagree and say that that is HOW you get on an exchange. Meh. If we want to use assets to get on an exchange I would rather see a small crowd funding project run by the community. There are much more productive things the ~5BTC could be used for then trying to 'Woo a Whale'

Dont worry I dont like Bittrex either   Grin

50% held by two people is called centralisation atm  Smiley I dont mind but ppl may (its not the first time I hold 50% of a coin)

Voting system?  Grin x votes = x grow, A VOTING GIVEAWAY, you get coins, and increase the possibility to be accepted in new exchanges!

Dependind the exange the reward will vary!

You ppl like the idea?

I have been voting for ROSCoin on Cryptsy and then they were planning to add it , but there was wallet problems at the moment, so lost chance...

The only place that voting make sense is Cryptsy. I remember Aliencoin, useless shitcoin. I even try to mine it in the beginning but a lot of problems so i left it but they hit cryptsy and hit $60K, it was again one of those coins that was worth only $1k.

So voting on Cryptsy, i would say 'YES'.
December 18, 2014, 07:19:59 AM
Theres a total lack of liquidity and the market price is 300 sat below ICO, hurting investors.

ICO was ~545 satoshis, coin is trading around 600-1000 satoshis. I agree that there is very little volume/liquidity, but many people who mined the coin are holding and staking it seems. There are only 1.6 million coins and almost 50% are held by the 2 largest ICO investors. (Who are doing awesome giveaways and raising awareness as much as they can!  Cheesy)

I have been buying and selling GROW on EmpoEx and coin-swap and they both seem like very reputable exchanges. Everyone has to start somewhere right?

Again, the bigger exchanges want to gain from adding the coin through fees. This coin doesn't provide anything useful to them at the moment which is sad because that could be the catalyst that shoots this coin into the stratosphere.

All I know is I am looking forward to spending my GROW in the shop. Any word from the payment processor on when they will allow a market price for GROW?

The destruction of GROW coins will also gain some attention  Wink Once coins start disappearing it may get interesting  Grin

My fault about ICO price, but that 50% hold its not good at all anyway, you shouldnt say it  Grin

Again, EVERY EXCHANGE WANTS TO MAKE MONEY, if not they would close  Wink, so that is such a bad excuse not to take them into account, there is competition son, a lot actually, and that costs money and effort to overtake, miracles dont exist!

I think transparency is our friend and I do not think that people should be swayed negatively by two wallets containing 50% of the coins. I believe they have both stated somewhere in this thread they are committed to holding and GROWing this coin. They invested for a reason  Smiley

I'm not sure what it will take to get on a larger exchange, but as an ICO investor I would not like to see a lot of funds being pushed towards 'votes' or something of the sorts on an exchange. Just my view, many may disagree and say that that is HOW you get on an exchange. Meh. If we want to use assets to get on an exchange I would rather see a small crowd funding project run by the community. There are much more productive things the ~5BTC could be used for then trying to 'Woo a Whale'

Dont worry I dont like Bittrex either   Grin

50% held by two people is called centralisation atm  Smiley I dont mind but ppl may (its not the first time I hold 50% of a coin)

Voting system?  Grin x votes = x grow, A VOTING GIVEAWAY, you get coins, and increase the possibility to be accepted in new exchanges!

Dependind the exange the reward will vary!

You ppl like the idea?
Activity: 513
Crypto ehalvers
December 18, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

legendary
December 18, 2014, 06:19:09 AM

Maybe GROW really need to good marketing leader, a real twitter nerd Smiley, somebody that update everybody every hour. And not only twitter, facebook, reddit, etc...

Maybe spending a few bucks on those Pay To Click sites, let the growshop be rotated on those sites, but then the growshop site should somehow show where people can buy GROW. Sometimes spending $10 can result in $100, but if you are afraid to spend $10 then you will never get those $100  . And don't think: 'Ah, i don't need to do anything, someone else will do it' as when everybody things like that nothing will happen.

Spending a few bucks should always be an option

Yes, but i mean, everybody. We should not always count on DEV alone. He had something like 5.5 BTC in ICO, that is not that much. Of course we expect him to be active etc, but he cannot do everything by himself.

As i told, if somebody has a great X-MASS giveaway idea then i certainly want to sponsor that. But it must be something nice, something that we can promote outside, something that explode the number of people that want to own GROWcoins.

I had a little talk with the guys of EmpoEx. How they can increase the number of trades on their exchange. They told me that they have a marketing team in place and then remove me from Twitter. So i believe they didn't accepted my ideas and think they know it better Cheesy
December 18, 2014, 06:14:34 AM

Maybe GROW really need to good marketing leader, a real twitter nerd Smiley, somebody that update everybody every hour. And not only twitter, facebook, reddit, etc...

Maybe spending a few bucks on those Pay To Click sites, let the growshop be rotated on those sites, but then the growshop site should somehow show where people can buy GROW. Sometimes spending $10 can result in $100, but if you are afraid to spend $10 then you will never get those $100  . And don't think: 'Ah, i don't need to do anything, someone else will do it' as when everybody things like that nothing will happen.

Spending a few bucks should always be an option
Pages:
Jump to: