Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 169. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Its calm these day.

Did you have an estimation when the market will be ready ?

thanks Smiley

About one week or sooner
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I think the main reason things have gotten so "calm" ,as you say, is that everyone is on the edge of their seats watching Bitcoins price and bigger traders are too busy getting raped by the 3-4 ico's popping up each week. I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ico's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Crypto.

sorry for the rant, I think I might start a thread on this topic.

Yes, you're right. ICO's are responsible for a lot.  Same with blatant scams too.  These people should NOT need to build their software with pre-investment. You get awarded if the market finds what you've already created is decent.  Selling people on hopes, dreams, and great ideas, is just bait. Especially when it comes to crypto.

Any IPO/ICO on premines is a completely unworkable model.  It sucks money right out of crypto into fiat, there is a direct link there.

What crypto needs is education.  Every bit of money someone loses to one of these faulted models, that investment is now gone, and they can no longer support a legitimate cryptocoin.

Someone needs to form an altcoin foundation, publically elected.  Heavy investors will help fund it to see legitimacy being spread around.  We'll inevitably get there, but only after a lot more hurt and pain by the community until everyone wakes up and is forced to reach a consensus.

Activity: 209
Opal Dev
Its calm these day.

thanks Smiley
I think the main reason things have gotten so "calm" ,as you say, is that everyone is on the edge of their seats watching Bitcoins price and bigger traders are too busy getting raped by the 3-4 ico's popping up each week. I never understood why cryptotraders and exchanges support ico's, my reasoning is this: An ICO gets funded, then they do what, they SELL the BTC they raised for fiat and push the price dive on BTC, thus taking all those BTC out of the trade environment, anyone thinking that an ICO would reinvest into the exchange is naive. This hurts everyone, even the exchanges. You might say "Well the exchanges get fee's on ico" well that is true, but they are losing all future potential fee's on those coins, if they had continued trade on the market.

So in Short - ICO's are killing Crypto.

sorry for the rant, I think I might start a thread on this topic.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Its calm these day.

thanks Smiley
The multipool is back up and running again on a new server. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

http://www.o-pool.com/

Thank you very much. Any idea when the payout might be?
Payouts are once we find a block and convert the currency
Activity: 579
Merit: 102
The multipool is back up and running again on a new server. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much. Any idea when the payout might be?
Activity: 546

Cool  thank you for the update
Activity: 262
Merit: 250

Other than marketplace, what would you like to see in opal next?

Vote here:
http://strawpoll.me/2892086

To : OpalTeam

one question or suggestion

Is the development Team thinking on making a android wallet that will do the pos to ?

Soon Smiley
Activity: 546

To : OpalTeam

one question or suggestion

Is the development Team thinking on making a android wallet that will do the pos to ?

Activity: 262
Huge apologies for the Multipool - we had a catastrophic server failure. This is also the same server that the IRC tip bot is running on.

We are in the process of setting up a new server on a new provider. All coins and outstanding pool payments etc are saved and will be moved over. It will take a little time to get the new server up and running again but hopefully not too long. We will post updates here.
legendary
andddd now I think its done

QFT
Activity: 476
i think its all manipulation.

why on earth would someone dump before they are releasing their biggest features  Roll Eyes
legendary
holy moly,we are lack of buy support

Yeah this is the worst I've seen in days

great occasion to buy I'd say

gentleman.
Activity: 579
Merit: 102

Yeah this is the worst I've seen in days
legendary
Opal Dev

For those of us running a headless / command line version of opal.

Is there any youtube video in the works to show how the new qt wallet works, the current features, and future features discussed?

If I'm in chat with someone and want to point them to a video about opal, a demo video would be really nice.
Current have video in the works, along the "What is Bitcoin?" style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um63OQz3bjo
Opal Dev
When I've been mining, I typically get my shares within a few hours, but I was throwing a fair amount of rental hash at it.
Activity: 214

For those of us running a headless / command line version of opal.

Is there any youtube video in the works to show how the new qt wallet works, the current features, and future features discussed?

If I'm in chat with someone and want to point them to a video about opal, a demo video would be really nice.
Jump to: