Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 21. (Read 383407 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090
=== NODE IS OK! ==

I made this chart to copare effective total coin % purchase of different coins with the same amount of $

The higher amount, the better the investment. inputs:

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
It's not bad as OS and for user experience, imo not as good as seven but better than 8.1, anyway it's very intrusive by default, too much.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Opal Dev
I had sent john-connor a message in IRC already, but he hasn't responded yet.

I'd probably expect the wallet in a week or two,

I haven't upgraded to Win10 (Still having nightmares about Vista), is it any good?
legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==

So people on W10 have to wait a month for a functional wallet?

wallet not working on windows 10?
btw. im also for improving the core features and dont want to see any plugins, this coin is not chinese and does not need to mimic vpncoin

take john-connor to team, that would be awesome Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
Hi,
I just installed the wallet, but I'm getting problems to start it. The wallet start at first attempt, then closes and when I try to restart it, the wallet don't load, so I can't do anything.
I'm using W10,  maybe it's not fully compatible yet? idk really
Yes, that is an issue that will be resolved with the next wallet release.
When is the wallet release scheduled?
We plan to have an updated wallet ready prior to the anniversary celebration.

The Official anniversary is September 11th, but I'm not sure if having the celebration on that date would be in poor taste.

So the party will more then likely be on Sept. 12th. Unless the community thinks another date would be better
So people on W10 have to wait a month for a functional wallet?
Opal Dev
Hi,
I just installed the wallet, but I'm getting problems to start it. The wallet start at first attempt, then closes and when I try to restart it, the wallet don't load, so I can't do anything.

The Official anniversary is September 11th, but I'm not sure if having the celebration on that date would be in poor taste.

So the party will more then likely be on Sept. 12th. Unless the community thinks another date would be better
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Hi,
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Hyperspace snail
Hi,
Hi,
Activity: 10
Hi,
Opal Dev
coin looks like a nice buy here, the large amount of hacked coins is still concerning but at sub 2k with avail 16mil and if devs are still around it could be a very nice entry here
Honestly, I would say the hacked/Stolen coins from fake wallet have long been sold off.
Thieves don't tend to hold on to things long terms, unless they want to get caught.
I agree, the entry is ridiculously low, but if people want to sell at this price, who am I to argue.
I am more then willing to take them off their hands.
We are still Active.

We are currently negotiating contracts with vendors and interviewing program developers.

If you would like to submit a proposal for services feel free to contact us.
Opal Dev
It was just a vacation, but as you can see we have been active. Many are returning in the coming weeks before the anniversary.
Opal Dev
Actually, we've been discussing adjusting the staking rewards as well as possible revamping the entire code base.

As said in the team post, there will be some new devs coming on board and I am really interested to hear what ideas they have.

Some of my suggestion we're in wallet advertising and a staking lottery. Some even suggested a dating service.

What are your thoughts of possible new projects.

If you want to be taken seriously. DO NOT include any of that in your wallet. Because that is really lame TBH.

Do you understand how difficult it is to get people to actually download a wallet? Example can you tell me how many people have there wallets open right now? I'd bet its under 20.

You need to give people a reason for opening there wallet.  Something that you can not do better and faster via the internet. Who in the right mind is going to use their opal wallet to find chicks?

You are a POS coin right, first thing you want to do is get a CryptoID block explorer. The only block explorer worth using, then you can check out how much % of people are staking, which secures your network (very important) you can see how many wallets are open and staking and lots of other good info.

Wallets are just wallets to hold and stake coins, you need to develop your coin for a bigger purpose, the blockchain.  Forget anything else.

But if you want to look liek a shit coin, then go ahead and put some BS in the wallet no one will use or case about.

Thanks for the suggestion, I was just putting some ideas out there, even if they don't seem viable.

I'll take a look at getting CryptoID added
Activity: 11
Actually, we've been discussing adjusting the staking rewards as well as possible revamping the entire code base.

As said in the team post, there will be some new devs coming on board and I am really interested to hear what ideas they have.

Some of my suggestion we're in wallet advertising and a staking lottery. Some even suggested a dating service.

If you want to be taken seriously. DO NOT include any of that in your wallet. Because that is really lame TBH.

Do you understand how difficult it is to get people to actually download a wallet? Example can you tell me how many people have there wallets open right now? I'd bet its under 20.

You need to give people a reason for opening there wallet.  Something that you can not do better and faster via the internet. Who in the right mind is going to use their opal wallet to find chicks?

You are a POS coin right, first thing you want to do is get a CryptoID block explorer. The only block explorer worth using, then you can check out how much % of people are staking, which secures your network (very important) you can see how many wallets are open and staking and lots of other good info.

Wallets are just wallets to hold and stake coins, you need to develop your coin for a bigger purpose, the blockchain.  Forget anything else.

But if you want to look liek a shit coin, then go ahead and put some BS in the wallet no one will use or case about.

Opal Dev

legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
it is still a low price to get into the coin cheaply. i personally use the situation to build up my OPAL stake.

Hi, I came to inform the weak hands that Opal just peaked back to 2100 sat

Well I've done some calculations on other coins and OPAL is indeed incredibly cheap.
For example getting 1% of VanillaCoin would cost 124 BTC, which is incomparable to OPAL right now.

Talking of VNL, waht about their updated staking library? Would it be useful/simple to upgrade OPAL to this?
If I understand correctly, we are now using the BlackCoin/satoshi lib

https://github.com/john-connor/coinpp
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
it is still a low price to get into the coin cheaply. i personally use the situation to build up my OPAL stake.

legendary
=== NODE IS OK! ==
Update

As many of you know the majority of the team has gone on Holiday/hiatus for the summer.

Some have used this time to spend time with family or pursue other projects and interests.

While this can be disheartening to some in the community, it is something that is necessary from time to time

in order to maintain a productive development team of volunteers.

The majority of staff will be returning between now and August 30th.

As they return you will be seeing some new faces joining the team.

As well as, a reorganization of core development responsibilities.

Some will be freelance developers working smaller side projects

and some will be taking positions as permanent members of the Opalcoin Team.

We will be keeping you updated as the weeks progress towards our 1 year anniversary
Pages:
Jump to: