Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 63. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Anyone a graphic designer here in the Opal Community ?  Cheesy

Opening up a CryptoTshirt store and want to include some Opal Shirts!  If you want take a stab at creating a design shoot me the image to my inbox here.

The goal of the store is not only t-shirts BUT to give back to the "devs"  so $1 per purchase is going right into the dev's coffers if they so choose. If not, right back into  the community here.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.

There's already some designs going around.  If those aren't to your use, you'll probably have to design your own or pay a designer.  If needed, I can share opals graphic assets
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Anyone a graphic designer here in the Opal Community ?  Cheesy

Opening up a CryptoTshirt store and want to include some Opal Shirts!  If you want take a stab at creating a design shoot me the image to my inbox here.

The goal of the store is not only t-shirts BUT to give back to the "devs"  so $1 per purchase is going right into the dev's coffers if they so choose. If not, right back into  the community here.

Let me know what you think! Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
PM me if interested in selling OPALs (I will be the buyer)
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it

Smiley

Building a system that "depends" on eBay, and its allowing of the system without making prohibitions is very tricky and short-term possible, but long-term doomed to fail.

Anyone can build a marketplace community, and if using crypto is at the source of it, then it will slowly but steadily become more and more populated.

What we need is a new marketplace (which opal has already started), with a community adoption.  Silkroad did that successfully for the longest time.  I don't want to participate in a illegal marketplace myself.  But if Silkroad could do it, anyone could do it if it worked well enough, and had things available for cheaper than eBay.

Word of mouth and viral adoption can happen pretty fast.  But it has to have the user value already in place.

eBay has hundreds of thousands of products for sale, that's the attraction they feed off of..

Your new Opal marketplace would have to have unique products not found on eBay  (or if they are, they are more expensive to buy there)

The biggest thing plaguing eBay now, is chargebacks and reversals from scammers with stolen credit cards, etc.  eBay usually makes the seller lose the case, so they are out the product and the money.

Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Wait, that sounds like Bitcoin too doesn't it?

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Thanks for the feedback. Those marketplaces never go anywhere, yeah SilkRoad had the lure of black market products and that was the main reason I never got involved, and may be partly why people would snub an Alt Coin just because of the perception of value. ebay doesn't allow illegal things so it is mainstream. Getting people to use Opal would be the challenge. What could happen though is people see it as BitCoin since it can be traded for BitCoin since it will always PEG to that value anyways, and Opal's new service is to Make an Offer on ebay.

The thing is, if you can't make value from the transaction it is not worth doing it in the first place. The value in OBAY or GoPal is to subvert the exorbitant fees ebay charges, and allow people to hold something that may go up in price with millions of people getting involved and creating worth. Just putting marketplaces up to trade with a coin doesn't make any value to anything. It just allows people who mined the coin to get something for real cheap. The coin price doesn't go up because of this. What happens is the people who sold the goods must now go to an exchange and sell their Opal right away before the price drops. Then it becomes a buyers market. So the price will keep rolling down. The only places making money would be the exchanges or people manipulating the buying and selling. See how you need to make some kind of viral value? Holding the coin is the only thing that makes it worth something. Selling it for BitCoin won't get the coin anywhere long term. If people knew they could go get something at anytime with it they may just hold it. Then it becomes viral and could not be stopped by ebay since they could not prove it ever happened.

People on ebay love this kind of stuff too! Think about the guy who traded 1 Red Paper Clip and 14 trades later ended up with a House. Once people accept the value in exchange for the possibility of it going up they get excited. It is like buying a stock with stuff they don't need anymore. People would be forced to Buy Opal to participate, creating a Sellers Market, these same people would also be able to trade Opal for something they now need. It would have to be widely accepted at that point and every seller would need to be able to Make An Offer.

Me personally, I wouldn't do this kind of transaction on some strange site telling me to buy their coin. It just wouldn't happen. The only people who want it to happen this way are those that hold the coin. But the value always drops. If there were a way to make it so that the coin price always goes up then people would go bonkers! So why not make it a necessity that when Opal is sold for BitCoin a portion of that amount must be burned. The sellers will burn a percentage selling it, Devs can force exchange addresses to burn as the coin comes in. Then that coin is rolled back in to PoS but there is less coin to create the PoS so it extrapolates exponentially.

Now Opal Drive will create a value since it gives something as a service. Opal Drive will have the same mining capability as STORJ right? Or will it just be piggybacked on top of the STORJ network?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Thanks etoque, anyway i cant stop that !
Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Start small, don't expect too much, but build it to be scalable.  If it is fully scalable, once the media takes notice of  you, expect it to go very viral and popular fast.

Yes, it sounds good.

Last week I was cleaning my workshop in order to fully open the Opal Embassy in April, i will put a lot of my artworks on the opal marketplace, such as postcards, posters, poker cards, drawings and oils,

Gliese Empire Flags, Peace, Regular, War 55"x17"

(you can also expect Opal Posters, Flags & Colors)
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
 I'd appreciate a pm if anyone wants to unload a bunch of opal at current price (min. 100k). thanks.
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it

Smiley

Building a system that "depends" on eBay, and its allowing of the system without making prohibitions is very tricky and short-term possible, but long-term doomed to fail.

Anyone can build a marketplace community, and if using crypto is at the source of it, then it will slowly but steadily become more and more populated.

What we need is a new marketplace (which opal has already started), with a community adoption.  Silkroad did that successfully for the longest time.  I don't want to participate in a illegal marketplace myself.  But if Silkroad could do it, anyone could do it if it worked well enough, and had things available for cheaper than eBay.

Word of mouth and viral adoption can happen pretty fast.  But it has to have the user value already in place.

eBay has hundreds of thousands of products for sale, that's the attraction they feed off of..

Your new Opal marketplace would have to have unique products not found on eBay  (or if they are, they are more expensive to buy there)

The biggest thing plaguing eBay now, is chargebacks and reversals from scammers with stolen credit cards, etc.  eBay usually makes the seller lose the case, so they are out the product and the money.

Crypto is perfect for this scenario.  If you come up with a workable model, a lot of disgruntled eBay sellers who have thrown in the towel with eBay will surely be interested in your system.

legendary
Yeah OBAY is just what we call it not advertise with it. Since we don't want to Obey ebay. I didn't think of ebay as a dinosaur just overpriced. Craigslist doesn't have any protections and most meet to trade, not sure if that really works since people could barter on their own.

The main thing is that the concept could work since ebay allows bidders to MAKE AN OFFER that has a place to put stipulations to the OFFER in a secondary window. As soon as someone writes any stipulation it is a legally binding contract allowed by ebay. There is no way to come after anyone for making a payment happen. ebay would have to disallow it and get rid of making offers. If the same auction accepts USD or OPAL then there is no breach of ebay policy. The binding portion is the consideration of 1 dollar. This was entered into as the value of the transaction. It is like saying I will accept $1 for your goods and throw in this many OPAL. This is binding, it would work and Shipping is paid in USD to complete the contractual obligation of the seller to make the product send. The payment of $1 could come from a Verified PayPal address and complete the fully backed ebay transaction.

Their lawyers would not be able to get around the $1 transaction. It is binding and if an OPAL offer was made prior to the exact $1 Transaction to verify without any knowledge of ebay then ebay would actually not know any different. If there were a way that the bidders could just send the OFFER through OPAL's wallet as a private message to the seller then the OPAL would already be there if the OFFER was accepted, and as soon as the offer is accepted the $1 fee accepted simultaneously live inside ebay through their API.

This is how we get things done by working out the scenarios and finding the path of least resistance or legal ramifications. The only thing ebay could say is that users are trying to not pay fees and using a system to subvert ebay. But they would have to know about it and there is no proof since the sending will be done from the wallet or use Opacity. They could not prove anything other than someone paid $1 for this item and shipped it to a verified PayPal address. Where ebay could show how it could be done does not prove that it was done, and their lawyers would be left scratching their heads.

Maybe a combination of certain aspects could make it more viable. Keep throwing scenarios out there...
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I just came up with a great concept for Opal. I see these alt coins trying to make an marketplace and it just falls flat every time.

OBAY instead of EBAY!!! Opal used as payment for ebay transactions.

The easiest way to do this is to use ebay and get the power of ebay behind the coin.

After all that hard work, you'd probably have a tough time because eBay is very protective about their listings and user base.

Calling yourself OBAY is just begging to get sued, shutdown, or enforcement action.

If you registered a domain name, I bet you eBay would pull it into a "Uniform Resolution Dispute" and get it suspended.

Take a look at these patents:

http://stks.freshpatents.com/EBAY-sym.php

Plus their legalese all over their site.

Some users argue that eBay is inherently broken anyway.  I think we shouldn't use them as a business model at all, and come up with something completely different and more effective.

The only way this could work, is if you had eBay agree to a partnership.  But who wants to work with a huge dinosaur with millions of dollars worth or legal lawyers behind them?

If you could bend the ear of craiglist, maybe they'd be willing to allow you to do something like that.  But I did read on wikipedia that eBay bought 25% of craigslist, and then tried to sue craiglist too.

This is a tough spot to be in..   If its decentralized, it would have to be 100% decentralized, which means no domain names, no websites. If you don't download the marketplace "wallet", you can't see the listings.

legendary
I just came up with a great concept for Opal. I see these alt coins trying to make an marketplace and it just falls flat every time.

OBAY instead of EBAY!!! Opal used as payment for ebay transactions.

The easiest way to do this is to use ebay and get the power of ebay behind the coin. This will cause people to buy in, we could also use PayPal to purchase Opal and give ebay side business because Opal will be taking away their fees and making it cheaper to buy and sell. Maybe even pay final value fees in Opal, to be accepted by ebay rules? Smiley PayPal charges a hefty fee to Merchant accounts. If People buy into Opal and pay with Opal, the final value fee paid in Opal could make it Legitimate and Merchants save money. People would then be able to use the Opal Drive with their coin and also enjoy the speculation of the trading of the coin to make extra profit from the demand for the coin. So you basically traded something worth lets say $100 USD paid off ebay properly to legitimize and now you own $100 USD of Opal. If you hold the coin while people buy in you may Double that from $100 to $200 if you sell later. This would all be determined by the market though and if you hold that much Opal you could also TRADE it instead of SELL it to not diminish the coin in the Open Market by selling. So you would get $200 worth of TRADE for your $100 for all the other sellers offering OBAY! Obey Ebay play on words gotta love it since we are not going to Obey!!!  

What would need to happen would be inside the Wallet like a message or Opacity etc. or Devs may brainstorm a better way that may work within the bounds of what I am trying to accomplish.

ebay won't allow people to subvert their fees but there is one oversight on ebay's service. This would be the "Make An Offer" portion. By making an offer you can OFFER Opal. Then type out in the offer "For the consideration of $1 I agree to accept this OFFER in OPAL". The Bidder would have already sent an Offer on the special system integrated in the wallet. This would be like a message with the Auction Number embedded like an Alias corresponding to the Opal wallet of the Seller. The Auction would have an Opal Address listed to accept offers from using the ALIAS functionality, Sellers Name is Alias of ebay name and ebay name could also be its own Alias. This is merely like accepting PayPal. But it could use Escrow also. Which could cost a nominal fee in Opal.

The fact that no one can guess a users name as a bidder during bidding also makes it more secure. If the seller has their ebay username taken before they Alias it, there might be a way to drop the alias and place the ebay user with the legitimate one. Perhaps an Alias auction to prove they are the rightful owner. This could be a penny since Opal will know the auction requesting is by such and such username and the request in the auction is for that specific Alias. So it would be a fully legitimized Alias through Opal.

Now what makes this legit through ebay is that a price has to be negotiated in Opal. Since the price changes constantly and must PEG to USD via BTC. So you can't just say I will take X amount of Opal in your auction. If someone wanted to pay in a Foreign Currency it would be almost the same result, just 2 calculations instead of only 1. The auction has to close at the agreement and sent immediately. So this causes Tort implications to be in play on the verbiage of Make An Offer. No company can contractually reassign Tort Liabilities that require payment to be procured while attempting to uphold their offer. By using Opal we also speculate to the amount it is worth in USD so we are really saying I am sending a perception based transaction that only costs money to get in where it could be worth more later or nothing tomorrow. It is pure speculation but we enter in as an Offer.

By using consideration of a Dollar we put worth to the Bid/Offer for ebay and it is contingent upon the Opal sent as the Offer. People would also pay USD for shipping as a real cost and ebay screws themselves by obliging our transactions here by charging a fee for shipping too. So they are a party to the OFFER and it would also hold up against any escrow or system that was used to make the arrangement of payment. Now there is an API that talks to the actual ebay auction number for Best Offer so you could do some fancy stuff too.

So an offer is sent first and then accepted for $1 and X amount of Opal plus shipping in USD. ebay makes their fee for the dollar and the person posting the Auction also has the ability to just accept a normal offer at USD and pay normal ebay Fees. SO The Auction CAN NOT BE BLOCKED! Just because they accept Opal when they agree they would also accept USD and pay normal fees. It is a gamble ebay will be forced to accept.

This all transpires with the use of the ALIAS function too! Since this would hide an Opal address out in the open to submit offers to. We can call it GoPal or PoPal. lol But it works beautifully and you take your ebay user name and send it in to Alias and now you just created a binding arrangement that can be viewed real time in ebay as offers come in that equal the bidders id sent to your seller id.

If functionality for this could be developed, I think Opal would take off, and we would watch others scramble to try to copy it. But it would give the most exposure to Opal first and bring in many more buyers. It could be a free service or nominal fee for escrow too. ebay charges way too much for what they do and double dip with PayPal fees for merchants.

Think about the demand for Opal and the price would need to skyrocket to support all the purchases. Then people may hold the coin also, and tada you got a winner!

Also, by using PayPal to sell Opal we are actually paying ebay by proxy to utilize payments in our own ledger. So this is binding since we could be a merchant selling nothing but people agree to buy it and put value on it and PayPal accepted the money for it through the buying into Opal becoming legitimate within their own acceptance. Since people paid for it through their Payment system and now use it to buy and sell products on their auction site.
some colors to wait the next release, a low resolution to fit the web, still history & mystery on it Wink
Poof ! the too large image has vanished, switched with a PoorPix© now its size is more decent...

Good time to scoop some cheap opal Smiley

Opal for everyday & everyone Wink
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Good time to scoop some cheap opal Smiley

edit: it is possible to have an nice signature about opal ? I will put on mine ! Thanks Smiley
Aliases decentralized at some point?
Actually it is not decentralized as you have to register your Nickname/Alias and its opal address on http://addie.cc
legendary

Doesn't need crownfounding stuff,pyramidal redevance or other thing... Only need innovative thing, waiting storj stuff to mooning
legendary
Coin market cap have an crystal ball now ?  Grin

Activity: 702
Merit: 251
Aliases decentralized at some point?

Any idea when rest of the projects will be complete?

Regarding Pure developpements, we have a lot of work: because it is the main ones.

Really, give a precise date would be lying, and we dont want to.

Anyway, let's give you some info:

-HTML5 Wallet (Danz0r77 will give us an ETA)
-OPAL Drive (waiting for Storj to finish APIs)
-OPAL Colorcore (almost finished)
-OPAL Marketplace (Beta available, still under construction)
-OPAL Security (constant improvement, new ideas)

P.S: here is a little gift for Fontline: on my sunday time Smiley

Activity: 250
I dont get why this coin isnt over 10k? It should be there easily.

It will go at 10000 satoshis (and more), but we have to complete some back-office tasks:

-Team building.
-Strategy & tactics.

Opal is still young, and growing, we must be prepared to manage the great rise Smiley

Any idea when rest of the projects will be complete?
Pages:
Jump to: