Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 66. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Hey guys, I usually don't like doing this, but Opal is a no-ico alt coin, and I've spent a lot of money building this community, and while I don't expect people to pay me a salary, it would be nice to cover some costs.  We've hired some world class developers to help us with the colored coins projects, and everything will come together nicely.

If you want to give us a token of your appreciation, you can donate to:

Opal funds: oPALAKHWJGkS1ta1X6cPGFzegNCxWd8XzN
Opal opaque funds: smYkaH1uajAikhx8NeRqCEMVcnQkmYMa6U4DgQgZVN3owJb2uG6jynLaNpSDsMzGPcJCkrStwrmNNTX tM7q4g6pSZown9nCTrkvAab

If you donate a large amount, pm me, and i'll send you some supernet silver coins.

~bass
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
for those who don't know yet, you can mine SHA, Scrypt and X11 coins at Altnuts.com and get paid out in Opal. Help us build the official SuperNET Multipool by mining with us at www.altnuts.com

...Here, no registration needed, quickly: copypaste altnuts address, add your opal address and the name of your miner and let it crush with the SuperNET Multipool !

For those who are new with mining, here is a complete guide:
Windows OS and AMD Graphic card

You need to:
have decent drivers: at least 14.6 -> http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/
download & install Microsoft.NET 4.5 framework-> http://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/download/details.aspx?id=42642
download & install AMD APP SDK (for Windows 32 bits) -> http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/opencl-zone/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/ go to the second board AMD APP SDK v2.9.1 and choose the correct one (for Windows 32 or for Windows 64 bits).
download and extract sph-sgminer x11mod -> https://github.com/lasybear/sph-sgminer_x11mod (i like the 4.1.0)

Then you need to create the .conf file

(Remember the extension must be seen, to be sure):
Windows 8 : Open a File Explorer window and click the "View" tab and tick "File name extensions".
Windows 7/vista : Open Windows Explorer and click the "Organize" button towards the top left. Choose "Folder and search options" from the menu. Then click the "View" tab in the window that opens, then scroll down and untick "Hide file extensions for known file types".

So create a new text document with your notepad and copy/paste the following: (remember to edit oYOUR_OPAL_ADDRE55 and yourminername):

Code:
{
"pools" : [
    {
        "url" : "stratum+tcp://stratum1.altnuts.com:4333",
        "user" : "oYOUR_OPAL_ADDRE55.yourminername",
        "pass" : "x"
    }
]
"intensity" : "16",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "x11mod",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"shaders" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"gpu-fan" : "0-0",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "87",
"temp-overheat" : "83",
"temp-target" : "75"
}

... Save this file as sgminer.conf in your sph-sgminer x11mod folder (beware not to save it as sgminer.conf.txt).
These settings work for AMD 7970, R9 270x, R9 280x.
You should change thread-concurrency, gpu-engine, intensity (usually 13-18) and gpu-memclock values to fit your GPU habits. (if you change thread-concurrency, delete the x11modXXXXXXg2tcXXXXwXXXl4.bin file in your sph-sgminer x11mod folder).

In order to change your gpu-engine and gpu-memclock value please read https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison, the "C" Column is for gpu-engine value and the "M" is for gpu-memclock values.

(remember that if you want to change settings when the sgminer.conf is saved you must right-click and choose edit, instead of open)

Now create another text document with your notepad and copy/paste:

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer.exe -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://stratum1.altnuts.com:4333 -u oYOUR_OPAL_ADDRE55.yourminername -p x

... Save this file as for example Buyopal.bat in your sph-sgminer x11mod folder (beware not to save it as Buyopal.bat.txt) and create a shortcut that you cut/paste on your desktop: to start mining, just double click this Buyopal.bat shortcut ! be patient, first time it take 30 seconds to run.

For more info, please dont spam this topic and read the topic of lasybear https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annx11x13-x11-darkcoinx13-marucoin-miner-based-on-sph-sgminer-623409
You must not have Hardware error "HW" in Sgminer, even a few, if so please read https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7615953
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
Hey guys, I usually don't like doing this, but Opal is a no-ico alt coin, and I've spent a lot of money building this community, and while I don't expect people to pay me a salary, it would be nice to cover some costs.  We've hired some world class developers to help us with the colored coins projects, and everything will come together nicely.

Opal opaque funds: smYkaH1uajAikhx8NeRqCEMVcnQkmYMa6U4DgQgZVN3owJb2uG6jynLaNpSDsMzGPcJCkrStwrmNNTX tM7q4g6pSZown9nCTrkvAab

If you donate a large amount, pm me, and i'll send you some supernet silver coins.

~bass

I will donate to the busy opal.

oeeXBDWzbbPeNiQMt6iCAcToXVhBvjSt61 than

Suggestions:
ECCOIN it is attached to the function, and I hope if you can collect the funds from the POS. Option form is good.

Satisfaction with the option to ON also to ON. Wink

I like the idea. Will donate my POS coins.

@bassguitarman, do you have to marketsell the donations to cover costs?

Would love to see some confident coders holding opal or which other coin they are working on.
When ICO/donations are always traded for fiat, it's harming the market. Then I would prefer donating in €/$

I hold donations, and pay coders, developers and more in opal.  We also buy servers from cryptocloudhosting.com with opal.

We're creating a b2b payment environment Smiley

keep in family  Wink Wink Wink Wink
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
for those who don't know yet, you can mine SHA, Scrypt and X11 coins at Altnuts.com and get paid out in Opal. Help us build the official SuperNET Multipool by mining with us at www.altnuts.com

~bass

Suggestions:
ECCOIN it is attached to the function, and I hope if you can collect the funds from the POS. Option form is good.

Would love to see some confident coders holding opal or which other coin they are working on.
When ICO/donations are always traded for fiat, it's harming the market. Then I would prefer donating in €/$

I hold donations, and pay coders, developers and more in opal.  We also buy servers from cryptocloudhosting.com with opal.

We're creating a b2b payment environment Smiley
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

~bass

Suggestions:

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

~bass

Suggestions:

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Woohoo thanks! Looks nice an quiet compared to our yet evolved technology of today! Perhaps using high efficiency Ion thrusters? If so we might as well explore beyond the moon!

Also great interview BASS, listened to the whole thing, helped me get a greater grasp on coloured coins (lol @ the comment about 'color' vs 'colour'...Americans and their 'English' Tongue)

The potentials are very fascinating though, and some are definitely futuristic thinking (like engaging your car with a token) these thoughts are what excites me about crypto, so many groundbreaking ideas.
Also coin-gateway will be a great addition! Killin' it man, like I mentioned before OPAL keeps my on my toes, looks like a lot of future plans!

Colo(u)r-coins are also a perfect fit for OPAL, considering the beauty of the gem (I presume) OPAL gets it name from:

https://i.imgur.com/JazEtdd.png
Opal logo made from Opal!

wow awesome  Grin Cool

Wow that logo is perfectly what I had in mind nice job
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
oops, mis-edit !

just to relax:

ahah

remplace programming skill by music skill and alcool blood concentration by THC concentration, yes this is it  Grin
oops, mis-edit !

just to relax:

Activity: 271
With all tutorial done its time to push PR  Cheesy You give a nice infrastructure, its more user friendly now  !

This is going big  Smiley

Great work guys

It's a real good look, shows a lot of work has been done/is being done, and that the project is serious.
Great work guys, *excited*.
drm
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005
Hello !

Opalcoin has been added to:

URL: https://coingateway.net

"CoinGateway acts as a bridge to enable you to purchase merchandise from retailers who accept only Bitcoin, with our range of supported alternate coins! Choose the coin you would like to spend, then simply enter the recipients Bitcoin address and desired amount and click Pay Now"

the very nice side is it's instant transaction !
Activity: 325
Merit: 255

~bass

+1 guys, if you are a regular poster here and you feel any bit of happiness or satisfaction with Opal's growth and development (which you'd be nuts not to if you've been here for any time..), then we should all be appreciative to keep OPAL's growth going!

Donated a few days ago to the old address in the OP: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F , Hope it's still used! I'll add some to the OPAL fund Smiley

Cheers, and thanks for the work done!

~bass

Here is the the colored opal FAQ, also known as the colored coin FAQ, it will be edited as questions come.

Smart properties are transferable like tickets and certificates, and in addition, every particular smart property is both unique and atomic. Only one smart property of a given identifier can be created, and once created it may not be subdivided.
Smart properties can be used to indicate ownership of an unique real-world asset.

Do i need a specific wallet to use Colored opal ?
Yes, you need an color-aware wallet: the colorcore web wallet

What features is included in the Colorcore?
the Colorcore includes:
-Client Side Encryption: Nobody can't touch your funds.
-Easy Crowdfunding Tools
-A colored coins block explorer
-2 Factor Authentification
-and more...

What is the benefit of colored opal ?
Instead of just sending cash through the Opal network, you can use it to trade anything you want.
With colored opal we can explore new possibilities like advanced financial tools, smart contracts and peer-to-peer exchange over the Internet.
Colored coins adds a new layer to Opal that make it much more useful.

How can i get colored opal ?
There’s no need to purchase extra coins, just use regular Opal and the colorcore wallet to create and transfer assets.

Do i need development skills to create such property, such asset ? on top of the Opal Blockchain ?
No, you dont need any technical skills to create colored coins.

Do you need to change the protocol ?
No, you must see colored opal technology as an implementation in the form of a floating set of specifications that can be implemented in third-party Qt clients, rather than in the protocol itself.

Did colored opal work with opaque technology ?
Not currently...

Is colored opal value as the same value as classic opal ?
Yes, an opal is an opal, but you should see a colored coins as a tool: a token, a title, a key...
color a coin is like writing something unique on it.
A good example is: color a coin which represents the car and who owns that coin owns the car.
A futuristic example will be: Only people who sign an address holding a colored coin can use that car.
The buyer gives you 10,000 Opals, and you give him the colored coins, the key which allow the buyer (and nobody else) to open it, start it... use it.

Can i modify a colored opal into a classic opal ?
Yes.

Does colored coin need a centralized "coloring transaction server", are there nodes that do the verification and storage?
No, it is completly decentralized.

How does this technically work?
for such technical approach, please read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AnkP_cVZTCMLIzw4DvsW6M8Q2JC0lIzrTLuoWu2z1BE/edit#

What is the limit of colored opal ?
Your, Our imaginations. You are free to link anything which can be trade...  without central authority, notarial act, or middlemen...
to give you ideas, let's list examples:

-Shares A company could issue colored coins representing shares. The shares could then be traded frictionlessly through the Opal infrastructure.
-Backed coin A bank could issue colored coins backed by a cash reserve[/b]. People could withdraw and deposit money in colored coins, and trade those, or use them to pay for goods and services. The Blockchain becomes a system allowing to transact not only in Opal, but in any currency.

-Locks on cars or houses could be associated with a particular type of colored coins. The door would only open when presented with a wallet containing that specific coin.

-Tickets are transferable bearer tokens which are designed to be eventually redeemed for some kind of real world value.
Examples of tickets include:
Event entry passes
Store coupons and special offers
Frequent flyer miles and other redeemable rewards

-Certificates are transferable and redeemable in the same manner as tickets, and they additionally entitle the bearer to some kind of revenue paid through the blockchain.
Certificates can be used for bearer securities, such as securitized loans, mortgages, bonds, and dividend-paying stocks.

....the potential is huge, we do not believe we have fully mapped out all the possibilities it opens up !

If you see question to add, please ask  Smiley
Thanks RCan06, Your logo has been used and added to the Facebook opalcoin community:

https://www.facebook.com/opalcommunity

please guys, share & like Smiley
Woohoo thanks! Looks nice an quiet compared to our yet evolved technology of today! Perhaps using high efficiency Ion thrusters? If so we might as well explore beyond the moon!

Also great interview BASS, listened to the whole thing, helped me get a greater grasp on coloured coins (lol @ the comment about 'color' vs 'colour'...Americans and their 'English' Tongue)

The potentials are very fascinating though, and some are definitely futuristic thinking (like engaging your car with a token) these thoughts are what excites me about crypto, so many groundbreaking ideas.
Also coin-gateway will be a great addition! Killin' it man, like I mentioned before OPAL keeps my on my toes, looks like a lot of future plans!

Colo(u)r-coins are also a perfect fit for OPAL, considering the beauty of the gem (I presume) OPAL gets it name from:

Opal logo made from Opal!
Opal To da moon ?

thanks RCan06 for your tuto, here is a pic for you: (here in low res to fit BCT format, hi-res in slack)

AH 23f #06 RCan06 "Opalite"

With all tutorial done its time to push PR  Cheesy You give a nice infrastructure, its more user friendly now  !

This is going big  Smiley

Great work guys

Wink
Pages:
Jump to: