Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 92. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
OPAL could still roll back. I think everyone is being too critical about a roll back. This coin is in it's infancy, If you are an investor and could catch a thief then all parties involved should be for a roll back since the coin was not bought outright and will crash along the way since it leads to PnD behavior in the markets. Everyone forgets that even 800K coins is about as much as it cost to get into the SuperNET, why pay thieves off or have that looming out there.

Can't we have the exchanges investigate the dumps that occurred? There was never any dumps like it so we all know that is the hacker if it came from one account and can be verified. An event on this scale is different than a few people getting some coins stolen. This was an attack on the community through this board. People were tricked and the authorities should get involved. People pay real money for these coins, if you want them to keep investing real money then there must be better safeguards and consequences for hackers.

I wonder if Opal could track the address that the coin was sent to and black list it on the exchanges and any subsequent coin sent from that wallet to any other address gets isolated. Is this possible, or too Centralized for everyone to agree with? It would be great if stolen coin could be blocked for good or recovered as soon as it hit the exchanges. Something like this has to be possible!

At least one of the exchanges I know of will NOT honor a roll back. (It starts with a 'C') What does that mean? Instant de-listing. In this case, I am NOT pro-roll back.. this was due to the idiocy of many, and not just 1. Opal is now long play... probably, VERY long.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
OPAL could still roll back. I think everyone is being too critical about a roll back. This coin is in it's infancy, If you are an investor and could catch a thief then all parties involved should be for a roll back since the coin was not bought outright and will crash along the way since it leads to PnD behavior in the markets. Everyone forgets that even 800K coins is about as much as it cost to get into the SuperNET, why pay thieves off or have that looming out there.

Can't we have the exchanges investigate the dumps that occurred? There was never any dumps like it so we all know that is the hacker if it came from one account and can be verified. An event on this scale is different than a few people getting some coins stolen. This was an attack on the community through this board. People were tricked and the authorities should get involved. People pay real money for these coins, if you want them to keep investing real money then there must be better safeguards and consequences for hackers.

I wonder if Opal could track the address that the coin was sent to and black list it on the exchanges and any subsequent coin sent from that wallet to any other address gets isolated. Is this possible, or too Centralized for everyone to agree with? It would be great if stolen coin could be blocked for good or recovered as soon as it hit the exchanges. Something like this has to be possible!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Devs, all I can say is spectacular! You guys have run this coin the way a coin should be run. After this mess anyone who doubts the OPAL team is the best is obviously an idiot. Thank you!!!!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
If you're one of the weird fudders who think opal team did this, blockchain don't lie.

Stolen funds were sent to: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/oJRnuVrDUMNWberPz2CvcmRGLPdLKi4Uqy

Return address: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/obUnRgQKkPUxMhjZ8aD769f8s2eP1eo7i5
Hey I never doubted you guys for a second but I still can't get a working OPAL wallet again since then and I've tried downloading right from the OPAL website and it still don't work?? Any ideas folks?

Did you add nodes?
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
If you're one of the weird fudders who think opal team did this, blockchain don't lie.

Stolen funds were sent to: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/oJRnuVrDUMNWberPz2CvcmRGLPdLKi4Uqy

Return address: https://bchain.info/OPAL/addr/obUnRgQKkPUxMhjZ8aD769f8s2eP1eo7i5
Hey I never doubted you guys for a second but I still can't get a working OPAL wallet again since then and I've tried downloading right from the OPAL website and it still don't work?? Any ideas folks?
It dosen't really mater who did it, damage is damage.
Activity: 728

IMO the rollback would be the better option, then leaving the coins in the hands of the thief.  

Whats the problem with a rollback ? Basicly nobody looses anything , just the thief.
Are you okay with rolling back the blockchain every time someone gets their money stolen? How 'bout when someone makes a purchase and the seller never ships? Do they get a blockchain rollback? Lost your wallet.dat due to hard drive crash... Rollback?

How much credibility would OPAL have once you start down that path?

Rolling Back due to one theft from one place is one thing, rolling back due to a bunch of n00bs, downloading anything willy nillie is another. Fact is this, in this instance, a roll back would be poor... another fact.. its not going to do anything impressive till those coins are sold.

Edit(added): You can thank the dumbasses that dont verify anything, click random links & dl/install anything , for OPAL going from a nice volatile mkt, to a MAJOR long play @ best.

Edit Prt 2: (Added) More than likely the same types that go to phishy 'news' sites, add every one on social media avenues, and buy IPO's.
Yep, probabaly the hacker buying their own coins , to try n create a buy spree.. problem is.. traders know math.. this will go no where till their all dumped. ( or a LARGE majority)
Activity: 250
Someone just bought up to 7989 on trex Grin
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
IMO the rollback would be the better option, then leaving the coins in the hands of the thief.  

Whats the problem with a rollback ? Basicly nobody looses anything , just the thief.
Are you okay with rolling back the blockchain every time someone gets their money stolen? How 'bout when someone makes a purchase and the seller never ships? Do they get a blockchain rollback? Lost your wallet.dat due to hard drive crash... Rollback?

How much credibility would OPAL have once you start down that path?
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
1 BTC to 10k,don't get me wrong but I think we are on good position,nobody sell

I 100% agree no one should sell any of their opal coin and make them pay for it!!!
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
1 BTC to 10k,don't get me wrong but I think we are on good position,nobody sell

Activity: 308
very good thought Rcan06,
we will see the price in 1, two or three month, i bet the price will reach 0,0003
2015 will be a damn good year for cryptos, just because we are still very early adopters

And obviously for opal which has a lot of features and ideas...
i am here to support Opal and/so if people want to dump, i will get their cheap opals !
Activity: 782
i would also be happier with the rollback where nobody but the hacker would lose...

the guys got private key too,so it probably do nothing to rollback except *maybe* have a 'bad reputation' about centralisation

just a matter of who'd transfer the funds away first, im sure the team could do that..
but it doesnt matter no more.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
i would also be happier with the rollback where nobody but the hacker would lose...

the guys got private key too,so it probably do nothing to rollback except *maybe* have a 'bad reputation' about centralisation
Activity: 782
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

Activity: 325
Merit: 255
800K in the hands of one thief with the finger on the trigger ?  Nobody will invest in this coin anymore, its over imo ...

To say nobody will invest is pretty fuddy tbh. It was a hard situation to end, you either rollback and get the "this coin is done" treatment anyway, or you let the thief keep some coins. I think OPAL handled the situation well, what else could be done, you think a thief would give back 100%?

I mentioned earlier that it is an unfortunate scenario that a thief has a large amount. But 800,000 is much better then 2.5 million. If he is smart he wouldn't crash the market dumping at once anyway while buy support wasn't ideal, he would cash out slowly as OPAL rose up.
It's 5.3% of the total coins right now, I can guarantee there are quite a few coins with holders who own more than 5.3% and could also dump whenever they wanted. Satoshi even has a larger share of BTC right now, and it isn't 'done'.

I believe in this team, and I'll have buy orders set if this guys starts selling.
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042
800K in the hands of one thief with the finger on the trigger ?  Nobody will invest in this coin anymore, its over imo ...
Pages:
Jump to: