Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 95. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250
Good move. Rollback should only be used as last resort.
ps phuck you hacker.
btw do we know if any keylogger was involved?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
ANNOUNCEMENT
Opal Announces Recovery of 1.7 Million Coins

On December 15th 2014, the Opal team officially announced a malicious wallet attack on Opal users. Approximately 2.5 Million Opal coins were stolen, equivalent to about 17% of the total supply. A rollback was voted on by the community, but after 65% of the coins were returned, the Rollback was canceled.

Soon after, the hacker got in contact with the Opal team and negotiations lead of 65% of the funds being returned to the Opal team, which will be returned to their rightful owners proportionally. The funds have been transferred to the Opal team and as a result the rollback has been canceled.

Before negotiations took place, the hacker would have held too large a portion of Opal which could have threatened the decentralization of the blockchain. Thanks to 65% of the coins being returned, the Opal Team believes this danger has been averted and a rollback would have set a bad precedent, and thus is not justifiable.
This is why I stick with Opal. Developers who care about the coin and the folks who own the coin are so rare in crypto today. Kudos Opal Dev Team. Thanks for watching out for my money.
Activity: 182
Merit: 102
\m/
ANNOUNCEMENT

On December 15th 2014, the Opal team officially announced a malicious wallet attack on Opal users. Approximately 2.5 Million Opal coins were stolen, equivalent to about 17% of the total supply. A rollback was voted on by the community, but after 65% of the coins were returned, the Rollback was canceled.

Soon after, the hacker got in contact with the Opal team and negotiations lead of 65% of the funds being returned to the Opal team, which will be returned to their rightful owners proportionally. The funds have been transferred to the Opal team and as a result the rollback has been canceled.

Before negotiations took place, the hacker would have held too large a portion of Opal which could have threatened the decentralization of the blockchain. Thanks to 65% of the coins being returned, the Opal Team believes this danger has been averted and a rollback would have set a bad precedent, and thus is not justifiable.
Very glad this worked out - Another unprecedented event from an amazing team! Let's get these markets moving again!
Activity: 262
ANNOUNCEMENT

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
The fact that you guys even considered a rollback will be a black eye on OPAL for the near future. An actual rollback would be the end of the coin.

I'm assuming a core dev (with a shit load of OPAL) was compromised?

The main thing is the rollback idea was trashed. I just read the official statement - looks good to me - congratulations to bassguitarman!! My confidence in OPAL has been restored.

I feel bad for the people who lost coins, but I'm still flabbergasted that so many people think a rollback is even worth considering. Maybe for a  serious tech bug, but nothing like  a hack

Activity: 262
The fact that you guys even considered a rollback will be a black eye on OPAL for the near future. An actual rollback would be the end of the coin.

Full statement and plan of action coming
Activity: 40

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Now that this floating wallet has been exposed to have a virus/keylogger the death of the coin is only inevitable.   It was fun while it lasted.  When the devs fix this mess, I'm cashing out.  Mooncoin flashback.  History repeats itself.

Hmm I think you don't really understand the situation,Wallet from first thread and website are absolutly OK,just someone modify the QUOTE of the post from dev and many download them. Market will backup, don't worried Wink

There's no scammer on team,no bug,no fork,dev still going on Smiley

Edit: Don't compare mooncoin and opalcoin,this is not a meme coin,majorPnD scheme or a crazyness scammer dev coin. Inform a bit more about opal,with SuperNET integration Opal CAN'T die like this,we have still fully dev team working on this 'problem',trying to get back some coin.

Still,majority are not concern directly about this malicious wallet hack, we are still confident. Smiley
Activity: 4
Now that this floating wallet has been exposed to have a virus/keylogger the death of the coin is only inevitable.   It was fun while it lasted.  When the devs fix this mess, I'm cashing out.  Mooncoin flashback.  History repeats itself.
legendary
Activity: 1988
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

This is all this situation is

Now,only small investor dumping price without really reason ,except they sell at big loss

And if the guy burn the coin stolen?
legendary
Activity: 1274
FLAT OUT!!!
holy crap some crazy shit happens in matter of 24hrs! i wish opal best of luck they deserve it  Smiley
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
This one looks interesting to me,Think I will try to pick up a few.
Keep up the good work and the sky is the limit.
Activity: 544
Real crazy what's goin on here... and much respect for the opal team, they try their best for the community, just great!
Good luck for all folks with losses! Hopefuly you get back many coins as possible!
This should be a lesson for all how simple and fast any coin can be stolen... again, much luck and remember:

"being a lil bit paranoid is healthy sometimes" Wink

Greets

Thanks for the call out, we've been working our asses off all day, and we're nearing a solution Smiley

The only viable solution is to do nothing.  Those that used the infected wallet and lost their coins are SOL.  Rolling back the blockchain is a terrible way to correct user ignorance.  The fact that you actually considered rolling back the blockchain is concerning.  You don't roll back the blockchain because people run an infected wallet posted by some user in the thread.  On the rare occasions where it is necessary it should only be used  due to actual technical issues with the coin.  That isn't the case here.

Watch out pal, stating the bleeding obvious around here can get you accused of being the hacker. Some people getting into crypto now don't appreciate the basics.
Activity: 252
Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed
Real crazy what's goin on here... and much respect for the opal team, they try their best for the community, just great!
Good luck for all folks with losses! Hopefuly you get back many coins as possible!
This should be a lesson for all how simple and fast any coin can be stolen... again, much luck and remember:

Greets

Thanks for the call out, we've been working our asses off all day, and we're nearing a solution Smiley

The only viable solution is to do nothing.  Those that used the infected wallet and lost their coins are SOL.  Rolling back the blockchain is a terrible way to correct user ignorance.  The fact that you actually considered rolling back the blockchain is concerning.  You don't roll back the blockchain because people run an infected wallet posted by some user in the thread.  On the rare occasions where it is necessary it should only be used  due to actual technical issues with the coin.  That isn't the case here.
Activity: 728

Greets

Activity: 266

Greets
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
We are in touch with the hacker.

If he returns the amount we agreed upon, then the rollback is canceled.

Of course you are... Once the rollback became imminent, he didn't have much choice but to negotiate.
Well hopefully everything works out for you guys and the coins come back Smiley
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
We are in touch with the hacker.

If he returns the amount we agreed upon, then the rollback is canceled.

Of course you are... Once the rollback became imminent, he didn't have much choice but to negotiate.
Activity: 500
Would the rollback give me my 70000 coins back?
yes but the rollback will not prevent the pirate to steal yours coins a second time, he copied your wallet.dat and your wallet.dat remains the same before or after the rollback.

the solution isn't as simple as a rollback to fix the damage.

Activity: 742
I'm dying.
Why in the world would you download a wallet from a random person?
There's no excuse for that guys.
Development team doesn't have to do nothing about that to be honest. It's up to them if they want to help in current situation.

NEVER download things without scanning them. Especially in this forum. There have been way too many topics with trojans.

Whatever result devs bring, good luck. They're in a hard position right now and they are investing their own time to fix the situation.
Pages:
Jump to: