Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 152. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Nice pump guys! Good job dev and good luck in future!

good jump is not possible even till we have to wait but slowly and steady .
Activity: 391
Merit: 250
aka ...
Block generation still do not look fair to me !

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
why the price is still so low? i only buy but seems others dump.

lets move this up ?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
No, I just want to know why if I have mined more than 50 pascals on Nanopool I have just received one account.

I receive an invoice every 40 - 45 pascal on Nanopool
Activity: 286
Merit: 102
Thanks,
I'll test it on my linux servers (Ubuntu only) and I'll correct it or explain what is wrong...

I don't understand why precompiled binaries are ok and if you build it yourself on Linux Mint then this not works... perhaps compiler on Mint issue?

I also find it hard to understand. But if I do some wild guessing - really wild  Grin

It looks like somebody has made a quick fix and commented out the original code and replaced the call to FCP/Lazarus. So my guess is, that earlier versions of Fpc or Lazarus perhaps had a bug. A bug that is fixed in the newest version of Fpc and Lazarus.

It could be tested if someone still have earlier versions of Fpc and Lazarus.

Activity: 334
Merit: 263
I get banned for wrong time when I compile and run PascalCoin. No problems when I run the precompiled version downloaded from Sourceforge.

I think ther is a bug in UTime.pas. There is a function:

Function DateTime2UnivDateTime(d:TDateTime):TDateTime;
{$IFDEF FPC}
begin
  Result := UniversalTimeToLocal(d);
//  Result := LocalTimeToUniversal(d);
end;
{$ELSE}
var

The name says it should return Universal time from local time, but it calls a Lazarus/Fpc function that converts universal time to local time. It seems wrong.
The call that is commented out seems to be the right one. But it looks like somebody perhaps has made a quick fix.

There is also another function:
Function UnivDateTime2LocalDateTime(d:TDateTime):TDateTime;
{$IFDEF FPC}
begin
//  Result := UniversalTimeToLocal(d);
  Result := LocalTimeToUniversal(d);
end;
{$ELSE}

It should return local time from universal time but calls a system function that does the opposite

I compile with Lazarus 1.6.4 and Fpc 3.0.2. My computers OS is Linux Mint ver. 18.1

Cheers

Thanks,
I'll test it on my linux servers (Ubuntu only) and I'll correct it or explain what is wrong...

I don't understand why precompiled binaries are ok and if you build it yourself on Linux Mint then this not works... perhaps compiler on Mint issue?

I get banned for wrong time when I compile and run PascalCoin. No problems when I run the precompiled version downloaded from Sourceforge.

I think ther is a bug in UTime.pas. There is a function:

Function DateTime2UnivDateTime(d:TDateTime):TDateTime;
{$IFDEF FPC}
begin
  Result := UniversalTimeToLocal(d);
//  Result := LocalTimeToUniversal(d);
end;
{$ELSE}
var

The name says it should return Universal time from local time, but it calls a Lazarus/Fpc function that converts universal time to local time. It seems wrong.
The call that is commented out seems to be the right one. But it looks like somebody perhaps has made a quick fix.

There is also another function:
Function UnivDateTime2LocalDateTime(d:TDateTime):TDateTime;
{$IFDEF FPC}
begin
//  Result := UniversalTimeToLocal(d);
  Result := LocalTimeToUniversal(d);
end;
{$ELSE}

It should return local time from universal time but calls a system function that does the opposite

I compile with Lazarus 1.6.4 and Fpc 3.0.2. My computers OS is Linux Mint ver. 18.1

Cheers
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
There's one thing I don't understand. Pools are distributing accounts, but how many pascals do I have to mine to get an account? (let say Nanopool for instance), and, after I get one account will I receive more for the mining process?

Thanks a lot
They send me 1 account for every 25 PASC I mined with them.

Do you change your public key everytime you get a new account?
No need to change public key. The pool uses your public key to send you the account.

Are you concerned of the security of the account? Once the account has been transferred to you, the sender can no longer control the account.

No, I just want to know why if I have mined more than 50 pascals on Nanopool I have just received one account.
You should open a support ticket with nano.
Activity: 58
Merit: 1
There's one thing I don't understand. Pools are distributing accounts, but how many pascals do I have to mine to get an account? (let say Nanopool for instance), and, after I get one account will I receive more for the mining process?

Thanks a lot

No need to change public key. The pool uses your public key to send you the account.

Are you concerned of the security of the account? Once the account has been transferred to you, the sender can no longer control the account.

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot

You need to catch a single block to get account. Pools have account and get money there that they re-send to others.

Thanks for your response bro, but I think didn't make myself clear enought. If you mine at Nanopool you have to wait until reaching 4000 points of rating (rating?Huh??) to get an account. I got mine as soon as I reached the required rating, but I did not get any other account when I reached 8000. Right now my rating is 18470 points, and If i'm right I should have 4 accounts at this moment (I have four times the required rating) so, my question: what do the pools do with all the accounts generated from our work? do we receive any money for the sold accounts? does Nanopool sell the mined accounts? If I receive an account, will I receive another one?

Thanks a lot
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos

Thanks a lot

You need to catch a single block to get account. Pools have account and get money there that they re-send to others.

Thanks a lot
Activity: 148
Hi poolmn. Any update on the pool status? Hopefully you're making some progress  Grin

We've disabled the pool currently as we see problems with the wallet hogging memory, cpu and also orphan blocks as well as work restarts. We'll investigate and eventually re-enable
Activity: 334
Merit: 263
How much does an address cost ?

Will i receive a public number and a private key ?

And how can i be sure my private key has not been copied by the former owner ?

something technical here i dont understand

thank you

A Pascal account (address on other altcoins) is generated by the miner. If you don't mine, then you need to obtain an account from other channels (somebody gives one to you for free... or buying)

To obtain an account, you must publish your PUBLIC key (not that your private key is only for you) and the other wallet must do a "change owner" operation, setting your public key to an account.
After this, you will be the new owner of this account, and only you will have the private key.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 288
What is this nonsense about time???

I get this kind of messages all the time:
7-3-17 00:50:30 Internal message: Detected a different time in an other node... check that your PC time and timezone is correct or you will be Blacklisted! Your time: 00:50:30 - 104.172.24.79:51486 time: 22:50:13 Difference: -7217 seconds. (If this message appears on each connection, then you have a bad configured time, if not, do nothing)

My computer isn't out of sync. It runs on central european time as it should. That is UTC + 1 hour.
Jump to: