Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [PASC] PascalCoin, true deletable blockchain - V3 Hardfork on block 210000 - page 16. (Read 990744 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 252
Time to dump.

PASC 6k soon   Huh
It's been about 3 weeks now that I'm ordering at 4.5k sat, I hope it goes back to those levels for a long accumulation. This is better than seeing this oscillation!

Ordering as it might drop to 4.5k?

I'm not buying.

Randomhash baby.  Accumulation by buying is few too many mistakes I made in the past.

Now the market is generally very strange. It seems there is someone who trades, but they try to do it several times lower than the real price. For me, all this is very, very strange. If you want to buy, make in the orders normal orders.
Activity: 564
Merit: 100
Join GANTECH’s team of game changers
Time to dump.

PASC 6k soon   Huh
It's been about 3 weeks now that I'm ordering at 4.5k sat, I hope it goes back to those levels for a long accumulation. This is better than seeing this oscillation!

Ordering as it might drop to 4.5k?

I'm not buying.

Randomhash baby.  Accumulation by buying is few too many mistakes I made in the past.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
Time to dump.

PASC 6k soon   Huh
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

No and your post is not exactly helpful.

Hope this helps:
As soon as You solve solo block, You will see accepted share. With Your speed, I'll say week-two-three. If difficulty doesn't goes upward in the meantime.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....

No errors, gets work for blocks, etc.. Average Hash rate is 820h/s , but still 0 Accepted, 0 Rejected, 0 Failed shares after an hour of mining.
Trying to get a better figure of the earnings vs power use.

Putting aside Your legendary status, are You mining solo for the first time?

No and your post is not exactly helpful.
Activity: 798
Merit: 256

No errors, gets work for blocks, etc.. Average Hash rate is 820h/s , but still 0 Accepted, 0 Rejected, 0 Failed shares after an hour of mining.

He has some kind of error in the calculations mate? I often mine solo solo but confuses me that he has errors. Would like to understand before investing time and energy.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

@boxalex, https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer/blob/master/Release/Windows/rhminer_CPU.zip

Unzip it, run cmd and navigate to rhminer.exe. In cmd window type rhminer -h

This will give you the miner parameters.

In my .bat I have this:

rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -cpu -cputhreads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS% -su minerName -s http://localhost:4009 -processpriority 1

Yup on the mainnet, mining solo.

My batch file is : rhminer.exe -v 1 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4009 -cpu -cputhreads 20 -extrapayload NoneOfYaBuswax

Your configuration is correct.  I soloed 4 blocks on the night of the HF in few hours.  Then stopped eventually.

I used the default process priority on Linux.  It doesn't make a difference.  Maybe different on Windows?
I can load 24 logical cores out of 24 on my old xeon and still watch YouTube.

I used extra payload "TimeToWakeUP", but I'm pretty sure that does not increase your chances of solving a block.   Wink
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
@boxalex, https://github.com/polyminer1/rhminer/blob/master/Release/Windows/rhminer_CPU.zip

Unzip it, run cmd and navigate to rhminer.exe. In cmd window type rhminer -h

This will give you the miner parameters.

In my .bat I have this:

rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -cpu -cputhreads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS% -su minerName -s http://localhost:4009 -processpriority 1

Yup on the mainnet, mining solo.

My batch file is : rhminer.exe -v 1 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4009 -cpu -cputhreads 20 -extrapayload NoneOfYaBuswax

How common is it to not have any accepte shares shown when mining?

Have it running as a test on a server, and even though I get 900H/S, it constantly shows 0 accepted shares..

No errors, log file shows it's getting work and running fine. I'm using a local wallet on the same server and connecting to that.

Mining solo on mainnet?

With that HR, you will wait a long time if you manage to get a reward.
Look at the nethash in the wallet under block explorer.
I stopped solo 2 days ago.
My apologies for the spastic comments.

I failed to noticed that the user was running English localization of Windows 10.
The file explorer displays 'View'.  It is confusing.  You click the View tab to open the windows and look outside.

Cool
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
How common is it to not have any accepte shares shown when mining?

Have it running as a test on a server, and even though I get 900H/S, it constantly shows 0 accepted shares..

No errors, log file shows it's getting work and running fine. I'm using a local wallet on the same server and connecting to that.
I looked at your forum posts.  WTF or GTFO never dealt with crypto.  Stop being stupid!

With "what's left for the average joe which never dealt with mining/crypto" i had in mind the average joe, not me!!!!!!!
English isn't my native language, obviously, so maybe it's a bit harder to understand, but i think even than the idea behind my sentence was clear, my mistake, again obviously not.

My remark about the average joe having problems figuring out such miners is related that even me has problems get it running, someone involved in mining, no matter it's with gpu's
and asics but not able to figure out that rhminer yet.

Maybe you are the non plus ultra linux expert that figures out everything perfectly, with expert PC knowledge but this doesn't apply to the average joe interested in PASC or another
crypto currency. And than, guys like you, wonder why there is neither mass adoption, nor your loved coin gets some volume, lol. And someone like me, politely asking for help gets
called stupid, whatever ... Just a toxic and useless comment underlined by an even more usless "how to fix your PC" image. Thx, but your contribution didn't help in anyway other
than having some commiseration for your poisened/toxic soul  Wink

I will get back to you on that right after I can afford a computer that's faster than Rpi 3 and have money.  It shouldn't take more than 24 hours.

See.  I'm editing some photos that I took on a 20$ computer.  Tough times.

I don't actually know a word of English either.  Only German and few Europe area languages.  Some Greek, Italian, Mandarin, few others. 
Romanian too, probably.  And almost every dialect of English.
I use Google translate.  I'm lazy like that.

Activity: 385
Merit: 110
Hey bob it works like this:

1. Download RHminer package, find the RHminer.exe extract it somewhere... this is all you need.

2. Click start button then either enter cmd.exe on white bar or find command prompt black icon with c:\ in it.

3. type cd\somefolder where rhminer.exe was extracted.

4. try run it rhminer.exe this will show command line options.

Eventually you will have to put the following line in a text file somewhere:

"C:\Tools\PascalCoin\version 4.01\PolyMiner\CPU\rhminer.exe" -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4009 -cpu 0 -cputhreads 2 -extrapayload Bob

^ This uses the cpu option of rhminer.

GPU will look like:

"C:\Tools\PascalCoin\version 4.01\PolyMiner\CPU\rhminer.exe" -v 2 -r 20 -s http://127.0.0.1:4009 -gpu 0 -gputhreads 32 -extrapayload Bob

Save this text file as run.txt then rename it to run.bat

You must make sure it's not run.txt.bat otherwise it won't work.

Find tools->folder options in  windows explorer and go to view  then uncheck hide extensions for known file types.

Also checkmark "show hidden folder and folders" this may help you later to find the app dir and data folders of pascalcoin easier if you want to copy your wallet to somewhere safe or so or mess with blockchain.

Once down you can click run.bat next time to start the miner, this is handy.

This bat file can also be added to task schedular to run it from a certain time, not going to explain how to do that now but it's a nice option... but probably not necessary if you just want to run it straight away.

Try the steps above and let us know at which step you had problems.

In short what you just did above was:

1. Download and extract a release/binary distribution... source code is included too... this is a bit messy of polyminer1... I can agree with you there. the github/zip contains different releases for gpu... these are cuda architecture... if you want to run this miner on your nvidia graphics card then you must match the cuda architecture yourself manually and use the correct rhminer... rhminer will not work on amd/ati graphics cards I think.

2. Open a ms-dos command prompt and run an exe that way to test it out and via command line options.

3. Create a batchfile and run the batchfile.

Batch files work with command line options which look something like:

-s sometext

-s is to indicate it's a command line option/switch

sometext is the input for the option.

Now you have some terms to google and learn more about this.

I agree with you a little bit, that for younger people you should not have to know about old ms-dos commands... this was way before your time Smiley

Creating a nice GUI app/front-end for rhminer would not be too difficult... somebody could do it... including me...

Probably would take about 1 hour or so to create a nice gui front end...

But me tired and have to go to sleep.

I'll make you guys a deal... for 10 pascal coins I will make a nice gui front end for RHminer ! Wink =D
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
I looked at your forum posts.  WTF or GTFO never dealt with crypto.  Stop being stupid!

With "what's left for the average joe which never dealt with mining/crypto" i had in mind the average joe, not me!!!!!!!
English isn't my native language, obviously, so maybe it's a bit harder to understand, but i think even than the idea behind my sentence was clear, my mistake, again obviously not.

My remark about the average joe having problems figuring out such miners is related that even me has problems get it running, someone involved in mining, no matter it's with gpu's
and asics but not able to figure out that rhminer yet.

Maybe you are the non plus ultra linux expert that figures out everything perfectly, with expert PC knowledge but this doesn't apply to the average joe interested in PASC or another
crypto currency. And than, guys like you, wonder why there is neither mass adoption, nor your loved coin gets some volume, lol. And someone like me, politely asking for help gets
called stupid, whatever ... Just a toxic and useless comment underlined by an even more usless "how to fix your PC" image. Thx, but your contribution didn't help in anyway other
than having some commiseration for your poisened/toxic soul  Wink
What happened? Can't mine PASC on nanopool anymore ......
Even going to the nanopool page i get a google chrome attack warning .....

Anybody knows what's going on?

Short answer is...
PASC changed an algo on block 260000. Now it is a "random hash". It was supposed to be ASIC, GPU and Pool resistant. That is why nanopool and contron don't work.

If you need a long answer read this https://www.pascalcoin.org/storage/whitepapers/RandomHash_Whitepaper.pdf

Coinotron is up and running. We had some issues after block 260000 but we fixed them. We already found 1 block.

Fine, i downloaded the rhminer for windows to give it a try with my 8700k CPU, but honestly, i wasn't able to figure out how to setup this ......
Any chance someone posts a step by step what how when where to do with the rhminer???

did you even try to figure it out? The website literally has a menu - How To Mine, https://www.pascalcoin.org/how_to_mine, ffs.

I guess you are very familar with rhminer or similar .bat executing programs, but me is not.
I downloaded the rhminer file, extracted it and see a bunch of different folders with a lot of programs there (See screenshots below) and i have literally now idea what where to use, hence
asking for a step by step guide.
Once i get that far i know which files from the downloaded rhminer to use i'am sure i can get easy to the next step and follow the "how to mine" setup.

As said, for you, it might be an easy task, for someone like me, the first time confronted with such miner and interested in using it, it's for sure not. What's left for the average joe that never dealt with mining and crypto currencies ......  Huh

I don't use Windows and you and few others are the reason normal people end up on anti-psychotics.

Under Release.  Click the green download button.  Unzip using 7z (the Windows 7/8/8.1/10 unzip effs up on some archives).

You need the release wallet too v 4.0.1 for Windows I'm guessing.  Binary unless you can spare 1 minute to compile using FPC/lazarus.

Point the miner from the terminal, sorry I mean 'cmd' in run that type text to run an App box.

rhminer.exe -v 2 -r 20 -s http://localhost:4009 -GPU 0 -gputhreads 400 -extrapayload TakeTheBluePill

BTW.  I didn't read anything you wrote.  I'm writing this from very bad memory.  I drank a case of PBR last night.

I use Kali (on 7 old computers), so I can compile from source.  As you can tell I have only been using Linux for 7 days.

If you still can't figure it out follow these steps (how to use a computer tutorial):

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Short answer is...
PASC changed an algo on block 260000. Now it is a "random hash". It was supposed to be ASIC, GPU and Pool resistant. That is why nanopool and contron don't work.

If you need a long answer read this https://www.pascalcoin.org/storage/whitepapers/RandomHash_Whitepaper.pdf

Coinotron is up and running. We had some issues after block 260000 but we fixed them. We already found 1 block.

Fine, i downloaded the rhminer for windows to give it a try with my 8700k CPU, but honestly, i wasn't able to figure out how to setup this ......
Any chance someone posts a step by step what how when where to do with the rhminer???

did you even try to figure it out? The website literally has a menu - How To Mine, https://www.pascalcoin.org/how_to_mine, ffs.

I guess you are very familar with rhminer or similar .bat executing programs, but me is not.
I downloaded the rhminer file, extracted it and see a bunch of different folders with a lot of programs there (See screenshots below) and i have literally now idea what where to use, hence
asking for a step by step guide.
Once i get that far i know which files from the downloaded rhminer to use i'am sure i can get easy to the next step and follow the "how to mine" setup.

As said, for you, it might be an easy task, for someone like me, the first time confronted with such miner and interested in using it, it's for sure not. What's left for the average joe that never dealt with mining and crypto currencies ......  Huh

Short answer is...

It's not.  It crashed 3 times in 1 hour.  The website is down too.

I am gambling between solo/coinotron/and nano.

I'm leaving it on 1 mode for the night. 

Short answer is...

1. Register here: https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=register
2. Create one worker
3. run miner using this command: rhminer.exe -v2 -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3350 -su username.workername

I did around 12 hours ago.  Looks like it's okay now.  It was getting 0 H/s for 7 workers (12 hours ago).
Few old laptops.  My display name starts with "fun".
I probably forgot to take my meds.

You speak thruth ! =D

You number 1 on coin-o-tron:

https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=statistics

funsociety 2.9kh

The estimated coins seems to be disceptive though:

Perhaps this only considered coin-o-tron being the only one mining ?

Hmmm let's see if this math is correct:

24 hours * 60 / 5 = 288 blocks per day * 40 coins = 11520 coins per day.

About 9 kh/sec for coin-o-tron in total...

Total hash rate seems to be 1.6 m/sec.

So coin-o-trons share of that would be

9000 / 1600000 = 0.005625 * 11520 = 64.8 coins per day in total...

You would get 3 / 9 out that:

64.8 * 1/3 = 21.6

Wow that's pretty close....

Can't believe that with only 3 kh/sec it would result in 21 coins per day... interesting.

My share could be 2 / 90 of that which would be: 1.44 coins per day.

But this does assume that coin-o-tron finds one...

I am seriously starting to wonder if randomhash or rhminer is somehow biased and less fair than sha256.... but 1.44 coins sounds good to me.

Will try tomorrow but by then more miners on coin-o-tron... but even lower fraction of that would be a little bit interesting.

Could probably double this to 2.88 coins.

I have an idea... I have the "shitty" german laptop off right now... I will let that one mine on coin-o-tron...

To see how it goes... one laptop solo... one laptop pooled =D

No, I always make stuff up.

I'm on Zyprexa.  The world looks so beautiful now.

Like I said previously.  I take my vitamins.

LOL.

Yeah I kinda noticed this. I will therefore not cut back on the Fs when I feel like it, unless you cut back too LOL.

It's prescription to control me from absorbing too much information and seeing and hearing too much shit.

EDIT.  Delete later...
Activity: 385
Merit: 110

Short answer is...

1. Register here: https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=register
2. Create one worker
3. run miner using this command: rhminer.exe -v2 -r 20 -s stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3350 -su username.workername

I did around 12 hours ago.  Looks like it's okay now.  It was getting 0 H/s for 7 workers (12 hours ago).
Few old laptops.  My display name starts with "fun".
I probably forgot to take my meds.

You speak thruth ! =D

You number 1 on coin-o-tron:

https://www.coinotron.com/app?action=statistics

funsociety 2.9kh

The estimated coins seems to be disceptive though:

Perhaps this only considered coin-o-tron being the only one mining ?

Hmmm let's see if this math is correct:

24 hours * 60 / 5 = 288 blocks per day * 40 coins = 11520 coins per day.

About 9 kh/sec for coin-o-tron in total...

Total hash rate seems to be 1.6 m/sec.

So coin-o-trons share of that would be

9000 / 1600000 = 0.005625 * 11520 = 64.8 coins per day in total...

You would get 3 / 9 out that:

64.8 * 1/3 = 21.6

Wow that's pretty close....

Can't believe that with only 3 kh/sec it would result in 21 coins per day... interesting.

My share could be 2 / 90 of that which would be: 1.44 coins per day.

But this does assume that coin-o-tron finds one...

I am seriously starting to wonder if randomhash or rhminer is somehow biased and less fair than sha256.... but 1.44 coins sounds good to me.

Will try tomorrow but by then more miners on coin-o-tron... but even lower fraction of that would be a little bit interesting.

Could probably double this to 2.88 coins.

I have an idea... I have the "shitty" german laptop off right now... I will let that one mine on coin-o-tron...

To see how it goes... one laptop solo... one laptop pooled =D

No, I always make stuff up.

I'm on Zyprexa.  The world looks so beautiful now.

Like I said previously.  I take my vitamins.

LOL.

Yeah I kinda noticed this. I will therefore not cut back on the Fs when I feel like it, unless you cut back too LOL.
Pages:
Jump to: